Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2012, 01:34 PM   #76
cug
--

Oddometer: 4,845
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbj913 View Post
What other pics are you looking for?
Shots of the mounts, how stable it is. Set in high, medium, low position, side shots ...

You asked ...
cug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 03:33 PM   #77
fbj913
I ride

Oddometer: 2,345
Quote:
Originally Posted by cug View Post
Shots of the mounts, how stable it is. Set in high, medium, low position, side shots ...

You asked ...

I cant take of picture of how stable it is but I can tell you it seems fine. If I remember right they had a high speed head wind + high speed bike warning. But I would say thats standard just to cover thier ass. It was windy as shit this last weekend so I payed pretty close attenting to the screen. It was fine. It barely moved. I have been traveling at highway speeds with it about an inch from the highest position. And almost all the way down when Im off road or going through really twisty roads. Ive got to clean my bike tonight so I will try to get you some more pics then.
fbj913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 05:14 PM   #78
cug
--

Oddometer: 4,845
Understood. And you shouldn't take those pictures for me - I don't even have a Tiger.

But that would be the shots I'd be interested it.
cug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 02:45 PM   #79
spacekadet
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by bretedge View Post
I've got the Triumph Adjustable Touring Screen on my 800 XC and it works perfect for me. I'm 5'9" and at highway speeds it's nice and quiet with no buffeting. It's a little bit tall off-road, even adjusted down, but not so much as to cause any major problems. MUCH better than the ridiculous BMW Touring Screen on my F650GS, which directs airflow right at your head and isn't at all adjustable. All in all, quite happy with the Triumph screen.
Hi, late reply to your post, but I just got my Tiger lat week. How did you find the standard screen? It's horrible for me. I will have to remove it until I can find a a screen that doesn't hurt my ears with the turbulence.

It you also had problems with the standard screen, that's a good clue for me that the adjustable will work.

I ended up removing the screen on my F650 Dakar and never replaced it. Not worth getting hearing damage for the sake of style :(

cheers
spacekadet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 08:13 AM   #80
fbj913
I ride

Quote:
I cant take of picture of how stable it is but I can tell you it seems fine. If I remember right they had a high speed head wind + high speed bike warning. But I would say thats standard just to cover thier ass. It was windy as shit this last weekend so I payed pretty close attenting to the screen. It was fine. It barely moved. I have been traveling at highway speeds with it about an inch from the highest position. And almost all the way down when Im off road or going through really twisty roads. Ive got to clean my bike tonight so I will try to get you some more pics then.
I kind of forgot about this. Better late than never I guess
I will take some better up close mount pics tonight. Overall I have about 1500 miles on the screen now. So far so good. It seems to work fine. No real complaints. It keeps the wind of my body and does what its supposed to.
Givi AF6401

Old 04-22-2012, 09:08 AM   #81
Villy
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Quote:
I will take some better up close mount pics tonight. Overall I have about 1500 miles on the screen now. So far so good. It seems to work fine. No real complaints. It keeps the wind of my body and does what its supposed to.
Givi AF6401
Hi, could you tell please, how tall base (lower part) of Givi screen compared to stock XC screen?
Villy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 06:31 AM   #82
Kawidad
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,674
Old 04-23-2012, 09:41 AM   #83
UtahFox
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 446
Quote:
Givi AF6401
How tall are you, and what's that helmet?
UtahFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 09:44 AM   #84
fbj913
I ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villy View Post
Hi, could you tell please, how tall base (lower part) of Givi screen compared to stock XC screen?
Ill try to get you some measurements tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahFox View Post
How tall are you, and what's that helmet?
I am 5' 11" and ride with the seat in high position. The helmet is the Fly Trekker.
Old 04-23-2012, 09:53 AM   #85
UtahFox
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
I am 5' 11" and ride with the seat in high position. The helmet is the Fly Trekker.
That looks like a great Summer/DS helmet. Don't have to give a long review but, would you buy it again - like it? How's the noise on the freeway?
Old 04-23-2012, 10:02 AM   #86
fbj913
I ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahFox View Post
That looks like a great Summer/DS helmet. Don't have to give a long review but, would you buy it again - like it? How's the noise on the freeway?
Fly Trekker Thread...
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=667916

My overall review,
I liked it at first, then it kinda of started falling apart, it doesnt fit like when i first bought it, I realized its pretty heavy, I bought the Arai XD-4 and wont look back!
basically its worth the 150 dollars or so you will pay for it...
Old 04-25-2012, 08:41 AM   #87
frytown
Adventurer

Oddometer: 68
MRA Vario works!

I'm 5'9", on a roadie, and have a 52 RT mile commute, mostly fwy, and mostly rowdy cross-windy.

Stock was OK, far better than anything I ever used on my 1050 Tiger - even better than the Palmer I ended up with after trying 3 other screens (my 1050 screen trials are another story...)

But the 800 stock screen was still creating a huge roar and had a pretty small envelope of comfort.

The MRA Vario simply rules in comparison. Zero buffeting, huge envelope, and the sound is like going without a windscreen, which is fine by me!
frytown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:46 AM   #88
levain
STILL Jim Williams

Oddometer: 7,130
I've got about 150 miles on the Madstad setup. It's pretty damn good, and I haven't even adjusted it yet. Good guess in the garage I guess!

I do think the design is great, but it'd be nice if it was easier to adjust. It's a real pain in the ass having to remove the screen, but I guess once its there, it'll never need to be adjusted again. Great product. Works well, and if you're going to go with a big screen it doesn't look too bad imho.
1971 Lambretta DL
levain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 06:04 AM   #89
Kawidad
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,674
Quote:
Originally Posted by frytown View Post
I'm 5'9", on a roadie, and have a 52 RT mile commute, mostly fwy, and mostly rowdy cross-windy.

Stock was OK, far better than anything I ever used on my 1050 Tiger - even better than the Palmer I ended up with after trying 3 other screens (my 1050 screen trials are another story...)

But the 800 stock screen was still creating a huge roar and had a pretty small envelope of comfort.

The MRA Vario simply rules in comparison. Zero buffeting, huge envelope, and the sound is like going without a windscreen, which is fine by me!
Can you post up some pictures? I'm thinking about this option too.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:36 AM   #90
UtahFox
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawidad View Post
Can you post up some pictures? I'm thinking about this option too.
Ditto, I want to see this on an XC