Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Hacks > Hack Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-2011, 07:45 AM   #46
jaydmc
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 898
No, we did not. The bikes system has pleanty of power. We almost never up grade the charging system. If we need more power we look for it by reducing demand, LED and HID lighting is the first thing we would do.
Jay G
DMC sidecars
www.dmcsidecars.com
866-638-1793
jaydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 12:12 PM   #47
KSP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 17
We have been very happy with the hack. We installed a steering damper and it made a big difference for us (our first hack). We've slowly turned it down but it is a nice bit of insurance.

We've done some off road riding and some riding in soft sand and it has been awesome. Riding on a side slope can be unnerving but I think that is the case with any hack.

We are going to change the tires for something a little more off road capable for a trip with are planning.

Some notes on the build: overall we are very happy with the rig but have had a few issues. The rear tank puts off a very strong chemical smell. Everything we put in there gets the smell and it is very noxious. I assume it will go away with time?

The extra lights have been helpful but I think I would go for something even brighter next time.

I noticed the underside of the tub isn't completely painted. Not a huge deal because I'm not down there looking at it all the time but something I noted given the cost of the rig.

The Highway Dirt Bike handguards are really well made. The panniers are good and not too wide.

It has been a lot of fun. Cruises at highway speeds with no problems. Handles mild off road with no problem. Our daughter loves it and the sunshade they had made for her. I wouldn't mind adding fabric doors to help protect her from rain but not a real need.

I would order from them again if I get a KTM Adventure and another kid.
KSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:01 AM   #48
Dubl-A
CHATA FUKUP!

Oddometer: 1,531
Really cool!!!
Old 07-26-2013, 07:03 AM   #49
ms-r
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
very good work, with a nice finish!
ms-r is offline   Reply With Quote