ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Equipment
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-16-2011, 01:56 PM   #16
Kainic
Almost there
 
Kainic's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Stamford, CT
Oddometer: 377
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGE View Post
^^You can already buy the Gore-Tex version from many retailers in NA. The big thing with importing them is a much better price. I just bought myself a pair of Gore-Tex ones from a place in Germany for $375 shipped. Much better than the $550 I have been seeing for them online in NA.

http://www.fc-moto.de/epages/fcm.sf/...Shops/10207048 is where I bought mine.
Nice price. I wear a size 10 U.S. Do the boots run big or small? I assume a size 44 will be equivalent to a 10 here in the U.S.?
Kainic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 01:10 PM   #17
geometrician
let's keep going...
 
geometrician's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: West-By-God Virginia
Oddometer: 1,023
Laugh Thinking about squeaking, too!

they're showing $444 base USD / $464 USD shipped as of July 3rd... how'd you get such a good deal?

http://www.fc-moto.de/epages/fcm.sf/...ture-Gore-0007
__________________
Britt
'06 KTM 950 Adv 'S'
'03 KTM 250 EXC
'87 KLR650 - <200K miles "Like the Energizer Bunny, just keeps going & going..."
geometrician is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 01:18 AM   #18
ERU
Adventurer
 
ERU's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Bucharest
Oddometer: 38
Are those boots in any version 100% waterproof ?
To be very clear can you stay in a creek with your feet dry? Ofcource the height of water shoud be smaller than the boot.
ERU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 08:42 PM   #19
Yosemite4
Hike, ride or die.
 
Yosemite4's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Bishop, California
Oddometer: 35
How are the Sidi Rain Boots holding up for the long run, say 60,000+ miles/4 years? I have a pair of Canyon Explorers, that were super comfortable but got pretty fatigued on the uppers after 62k.

How is the comfort and waterproofness after 30,000k?
__________________
Yosemite4
Yosemite4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 09:10 PM   #20
ntm1973
Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: PA
Oddometer: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by ERU View Post
Are those boots in any version 100% waterproof ?
To be very clear can you stay in a creek with your feet dry? Ofcource the height of water shoud be smaller than the boot.

I have the non-goretex version and they are waterproof enough to stand in a creek but they are hot and even with proper socks, your feet will get pretty sweaty.
ntm1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 10:00 PM   #21
srensen
n00b
 
Joined: Nov 2011
Location: CA
Oddometer: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by geometrician View Post
they're showing $444 base USD / $464 USD shipped as of July 3rd... how'd you get such a good deal?

http://www.fc-moto.de/epages/fcm.sf/...ture-Gore-0007
...this is incl German salestax of 19%. If you create an account with your US address, add the boots to your shopping cart, then you'll see the "real" price without sales tax as shipped to US...
srensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 09:32 PM   #22
RandoCommando
Wannabe
 
RandoCommando's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: Philthadelphia, Pennsylvania
Oddometer: 1,329
Thumbs down

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I have to give a thumbs down to these boots in hopes of helping others from making the same mistake I did in purchasing these.
I purchased my pair from RevZilla back in September and had the chance to test them out in the rain for the first time this past Friday.
I rode from Philadelphia, PA to Sloatsburg, NY and back again.
Both of my feet were soaked.
I was wearing waterproof gear (jacket and pants) and had no water coming in from the top of the boots.
It was only the toes and bottom of both feet that were wet. The rest of my socks from the ankles up were dry.
Granted I don't see Gore Tex listed anywhere on these, but I was told they were waterproof.
That's the main reason why I purchased them.
In my opinion these boots are not worth the price I paid.
__________________
1999 KLR 650 (her name is KLaRissa) DOOHICKEY DONE!
2013 BMW F800GS (her name is FranGelicaS)
Please. Ride careful, ride safe, ride defensively! This thread should be mandatory reading!
MySPOT
RandoCommando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 02:49 AM   #23
Xeraux
Archvillain
 
Xeraux's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Oddometer: 30,893
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandoCommando View Post
Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I have to give a thumbs down to these boots in hopes of helping others from making the same mistake I did in purchasing these.
I purchased my pair from RevZilla back in September and had the chance to test them out in the rain for the first time this past Friday.
I rode from Philadelphia, PA to Sloatsburg, NY and back again.
Both of my feet were soaked.
I was wearing waterproof gear (jacket and pants) and had no water coming in from the top of the boots.
It was only the toes and bottom of both feet that were wet. The rest of my socks from the ankles up were dry.
Granted I don't see Gore Tex listed anywhere on these, but I was told they were waterproof.
That's the main reason why I purchased them.
In my opinion these boots are not worth the price I paid.
The "Rain" version of these boots are not waterproof. Waterproof isn't used anywhere in the description where it is used in the description of the Gore-Tex™ version.

A lot of inmates got upset with me for harping on this in the big Sidi Adventure boot thread.
__________________
Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.

If, after I depart this vale, you ever remember me and have thought to please my ghost, forgive some sinner and wink your eye at some homely girl.
Xeraux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 08:07 AM   #24
cug
--
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: Sunny California
Oddometer: 4,849
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeraux View Post
A lot of inmates got upset with me for harping on this in the big Sidi Adventure boot thread.
Age old fact of "you get what you pay for". I'm not saying that the Adventure GoreTex are priced right or anything, just that by trying to save a little bit you get a vastly inferior product.

If my Adventure GoreTex leak, I'll send them back under the "Guaranteed to keep you dry ..." warranty.

But so far, if they would leak, water would come out, not in ... during the last trip they were slightly warm. (120F in Death Valley anyone? )
cug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 08:52 AM   #25
Snowbound OP
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Crystola ,Colorado
Oddometer: 873
I saved $200 by getting the regular Adventure Rain boots .
I am happy with what I got . I wouldn't refer to them as vastly inferior . I feel like I am getting my dollars worth .


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
__________________
BMWMOA
ABC
Pikes Peak BMW Riders
2001 R 1150 GS 1978 R 100RS 1976 XT-500 1964 CL-72
1955 CJ-5 1975 F-250 Highboy
Snowbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 08:54 AM   #26
cug
--
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: Sunny California
Oddometer: 4,849
The difference today is just $100, if you order from overseas it's even less.
cug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 08:58 AM   #27
Riteris
Dessert Runner
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Location: A place many ADV Riders fear: The Nation's Capital
Oddometer: 2,850
FWIW, I "waterproofed" my Combat Touring Boots by seam sealing the threads with several applications of mink oil and then with tent seam sealer.
I can now stand in water and not get wet.



Quote:
Originally Posted by RandoCommando View Post
Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I have to give a thumbs down to these boots in hopes of helping others from making the same mistake I did in purchasing these.
I purchased my pair from RevZilla back in September and had the chance to test them out in the rain for the first time this past Friday.
I rode from Philadelphia, PA to Sloatsburg, NY and back again.
Both of my feet were soaked.
I was wearing waterproof gear (jacket and pants) and had no water coming in from the top of the boots.
It was only the toes and bottom of both feet that were wet. The rest of my socks from the ankles up were dry.
Granted I don't see Gore Tex listed anywhere on these, but I was told they were waterproof.
That's the main reason why I purchased them.
In my opinion these boots are not worth the price I paid.
__________________
Chris

I am taking the advice of all those people that told me, "Hey kid, why don't you go play in traffic!"
Riteris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 09:08 AM   #28
RandoCommando
Wannabe
 
RandoCommando's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: Philthadelphia, Pennsylvania
Oddometer: 1,329
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeraux View Post
The "Rain" version of these boots are not waterproof. Waterproof isn't used anywhere in the description where it is used in the description of the Gore-Tex™ version.

A lot of inmates got upset with me for harping on this in the big Sidi Adventure boot thread.
When I was at RevZilla buying these boots, I was told they are waterproof.
Either the salesperson lied, or does not know his products.
And it's ridiculous that Sidi would make the same boot two different ways and name it the same.
My boots simply say Sidi Adventure.
There is no other name or indicator on my boots.
__________________
1999 KLR 650 (her name is KLaRissa) DOOHICKEY DONE!
2013 BMW F800GS (her name is FranGelicaS)
Please. Ride careful, ride safe, ride defensively! This thread should be mandatory reading!
MySPOT
RandoCommando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 09:28 AM   #29
Longboardr
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Longboardr's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: south central PA
Oddometer: 143
The squeak goes away after you ride in the dirt and muck for a while, but then they're not so pretty anymore either

I've got the Gore-Tex version, 100% waterproof standing in a creek.
Longboardr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 12:38 PM   #30
Bazgab
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Bazgab's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Location: Raleigh, NC
Oddometer: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowbound View Post
I saved $200 by getting the regular Adventure Rain boots .
I am happy with what I got . I wouldn't refer to them as vastly inferior . I feel like I am getting my dollars worth .


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Like Cug said, there is only a $100 difference between the models now. Another (better) option, order from Germany and save close to $100 off of the regular Adventure and get the superior Gore-Tex version. Depends on exchange rate at the time though, but I got mine for just over $300 shipped.
Bazgab is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014