User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-2011, 03:40 PM   #31
OldPete
Be aware

Oddometer: 4,704
Made in China? I would not be suprised.

Ever notice the threads/posts here about KTM singles & twins having cams going flat.
Bet they are sourced in China too.

People that will offer you real help are Web Cam (webcamshafts in Riverside, CA).
They'll put it in the V-blocks, turn it, then offer a real intellegent answer.
Send it to them with return shipping.

Just came over from apriliaforum.
An original owner with a Caponord has not needed to re-shim his valves
in 65k miles. Yep! Rotax of Austria and they produce aero-powerplants too.
OldPete is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 03:41 PM   #32
Rapid Dog
bikes, booze, broads...

Oddometer: 9,129
Pissed narcissmo/ismo

Quote:
...What's up accusing me ...
...well, 'shaft has a good point there, but I'm never too proud to post a pic of myself or my bike...
Attached Images

Rapid Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 03:47 PM   #33
moorespeed
Adventurer

Oddometer: 63
LET ME RUN THIS BY YOU ONE MORE TIME, when I found the problem ,I had a meeting with BMW GB, they looked at the cams and said YES YOU ARE RIGHT THEY ARE SCRAP, BMW GB THEN CONTACTED BMW AG AND AFTER A FEW WEEKS WENT PAST BMW AG TOLD BMW GB THAT THE LAST BATCH OF 336 CAMS WAS FARMED OUT TO CHINA. THERE IS ALSO A PROBLEM WITH THE NEW BATCH OF ROCKERS THAT ARE ALSO MADE IN CHINA,BUT I WILL LEAVE THAT TO S/S TO TELL YOU WHATS WRONG WITH THEM.
moorespeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 03:57 PM   #34
supershaft
because I can

Oddometer: 8,834
Well, I guess you are having a bad day too? At any rate, that isn't what you said earlier. It's all up there above this in black and white. I will try to ignore you having issues and say thanks for explaining that better. It's big news and you were not real clear as to how you came about the news but now you are! Thanks again.

How in the world will I know what is wrong with the new rocker arms? I never claimed to know what was wrong with the new cams! Thanks for explaining that too! I will try to remember to not ask you questions in the future! I like to think this forum is for sharing info but . . . ? Well, if not for me, now everybody else has a clue other than New Chinese 336's are junk!

Man! I call this big news! Getting the entire story was like pulling teeth but thanks again nonetheless!

supershaft screwed with this post 05-18-2011 at 04:07 PM
supershaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 04:15 PM   #35
marksbonneville
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 961
Quote:
Originally Posted by moorespeed View Post
LET ME RUN THIS BY YOU ONE MORE TIME, when I found the problem ,I had a meeting with BMW GB, they looked at the cams and said YES YOU ARE RIGHT THEY ARE SCRAP, BMW GB THEN CONTACTED BMW AG AND AFTER A FEW WEEKS WENT PAST BMW AG TOLD BMW GB THAT THE LAST BATCH OF 336 CAMS WAS FARMED OUT TO CHINA. THERE IS ALSO A PROBLEM WITH THE NEW BATCH OF ROCKERS THAT ARE ALSO MADE IN CHINA,BUT I WILL LEAVE THAT TO S/S TO TELL YOU WHATS WRONG WITH THEM.
Thanks for the info, makes more sense than the previous posts and I must have missed the first time you mentioned the meeting with BMW and how they farmed out the cams to china.
marksbonneville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 04:39 PM   #36
Rapid Dog
bikes, booze, broads...

....so...question is...where in the world can you get a good one?
I'd be shittin' me drawers if I'd went out and bought one last week from MAXBMW!
11311336393 CAMSHAFT - 336DEG 1.72 1 $167.38

Old 05-18-2011, 04:51 PM   #37
Airhead Wrangler
Adios Mexico

Oddometer: 6,430
Isn't the cam that siebenrock makes the same as the 336?

Motoren Israel makes a 336... along with 50 other cams:
http://www.motoren-israel.com/index...._Camshaft.html

Current rides: HPN #834, '93 R100GSPD "red rocket", '73 R75/5 Toaster mongrel, '80 Ducati Pantah 500SL, '92 DR350, '67 Honda SS50, '80 Honda Chaly.
Airhead Wrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 05:53 PM   #38
Lornce
Lost In Place

Oddometer: 17,892
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airhead Wrangler View Post
Isn't the cam that siebenrock makes the same as the 336?

Motoren Israel makes a 336... along with 50 other cams:
http://www.motoren-israel.com/index...._Camshaft.html
Is this part the same as the BMW piece in lift and ramp shape etc?

http://www.motoren-israel.com/produc...ckenwelle.html

At 159-Euros, minus 19% VAT, that's a good price if it's the equivalent part.

Lornce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 07:42 PM   #39
Rapid Dog
bikes, booze, broads...

....looks like the same photo...

Old 05-18-2011, 08:47 PM   #40
Hawk Medicine
Coyote's Brother

Oddometer: 3,301
Quote:
Originally Posted by supershaft View Post
What's up accusing me of having a problem with moorespeed. I do not have a problem with moorespeed. Repeat: I do not have a problem with moorespeed.

I am asking questions about something new to all of us. Is it OK to ask a question? I hope so because I am going to ask the same question over again since it didn't get answered.

@ms: Thanks for pointing out the problem and how to identify it but how is it you came to the conclusion that they are made in China?

It's about time I show some of my work and achievements? Why Rob? I think I go on about my work enough as it is. Photos? I have never taken photos my whole life except for a few parts and bikes for sale. I have never had the inclination. According to some here on the idiotnet, it's the narcissist in me although it's hard for me to imagine a narcissist with no pictures of himself or his work. The only pictures I have to my name are ones people give me. I don't have a scanner.

A PM'ed apology would be nice since you have a long history with me of trying to stir shit up. I don't need it. And you had been doing so well lately!
Settle down...

If you go back and look at moorespeed's post he clearly stated that the info came from BMW GB but OTOH, your subsequent reaction certainly makes it appear as if you're still having a problem.

"Something new to all of us"? Maybe, but I'm not so sure. I've been hearing rumors concerning these bad cams for several months but this info puts everything in a new light. Now that the info has been verified, we can work from here to try and gather more info concerning our situation here in the US.

SS, if you think that someone owes you an apology, go ahead and think that but in this case I wouldn't agree and demanding one is... In bad taste. Why not simply challenge the man to a duel?

Lastly, I want to welcome our newest member to Olds Cool! I, for one, am very happy that MS has found this corner of the world and hope that he keeps dropping by to chat and contribute to the mix. With his reputation, credentials and experience, hes more than welcome.

Now... Back to our paid programming!

Hate rots the pocket that carries it.
Hawk Medicine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 08:51 PM   #41
Rapid Dog
bikes, booze, broads...

Thumb cammeraderie-ism

...ahh-men...
The honorary 'sok has spoke...

Old 05-18-2011, 09:09 PM   #42
Airhead Wrangler
Adios Mexico

Oddometer: 6,430
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid Dog View Post
The honorary 'sok
I know. Me too. No matter how many times I remind myself that his name means "my mind is OK" all I can see is "my mind sock."

Current rides: HPN #834, '93 R100GSPD "red rocket", '73 R75/5 Toaster mongrel, '80 Ducati Pantah 500SL, '92 DR350, '67 Honda SS50, '80 Honda Chaly.
Airhead Wrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 09:39 PM   #43
Rucksta
SS Blowhard

Oddometer: 2,658
Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by mymindsok View Post
Why not simply challenge the man to a duel?
Airheads at dawn?
Old 05-18-2011, 10:16 PM   #44
fishkens
Further...

Oddometer: 5,147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airhead Wrangler View Post
"my mind sock."
Ever since someone pointed that out to me out MM Sock has been "Okie Dokie Brain" to me (kinda like CDD is "Wacky Bongo Boy").

We feeble minded need all the help we can git.
fishkens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 11:29 PM   #45
Rob Farmer
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,415
An apology!! Nice try fella.

I wasn't aware of any long history of trying to stir things up with you. I remember asking for your advice on a couple of occasions and even thanking you for your contribution when the other guys were giving you a hard time.

The post above was in response to your perceived attitude to Moorespeed. You've had a dig at him on other posts for no apparent reason yet all he's done is offer information. Richie provides the engineering behind an awful lot more than the bikes on his site.

A duel sounds good though As the challenged I'd get to choose the weapons
Rob Farmer is offline   Reply With Quote