Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-17-2014, 11:07 PM   #1
iggs OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 90
NEW Trailtech Voyager Pro - speculation and rumour

In response to a question on no recent updated to the Voyager in recent times Trailtech responded with the following:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showpost.php?p=25306239

Quote:
We do not know of any firmware upgrades the Voyager unit needs. If you want upgrades, please call me, I would love to hear about them. If you call, ask for Geoff. If you have upgrades for RideLeader, wait until Voyager Pro rolls out before asking.

All of our "love" for the last two years has been put on our new Voyager Pro line. Voyager Pro will not replace Voyager. From our experience and feedback from customers, we think Voyager fits a need.

Voyager Pro will have many upgrades over what Voyager does. Many of these upgrades are those people talk about in these forums. Some you will have never heard about but when you see it you will know why.
So it's obviously a higher spec PRO version of the popular Voyager

What would you expect or like to see?

Personally I'd like a similar (ideally same so current accessories work) 'landscape' form as this will fit where I need it to on the bike.

Main upgrades I'd like to see are all to do with the map and navigation so a colour screen and ability to load open source maps like those from http://openmtbmap.org

Basically a landscape version of my etrex powered from the bike and with all the additional sensor data already available in the current voyager

Different colour options for individual tracks and routes to allow differentiation on the screen

I guess ride leader would need upgrading to facilitate the uploading of maps onto SS cards in the same was base camp manages this on my garmin

Other things that would be cool would be wifi downloading of tracks (phone/tablet/laptop) maybe linked with a strava style app/web interface to track and share ride data

I prefer a gps instrument to log this kind of stuff rather than my phone as it means my phone battery doesn't get run down making it still useful (not flat) in the event of needing it for something important

Any thoughts?

Ian
iggs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 06:27 AM   #2
swaan
Adventurer

Oddometer: 23
Yes please! Voyager is great but I hope the Pro packs some navigation love.
swaan is offline   Reply With Quote