ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Layin' down tracks
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 139 votes, 4.81 average. Display Modes
Old 09-28-2012, 02:47 AM   #5326
lulo
Cochino Aventurero

Oddometer: 1,118
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballpeen View Post
Soon enough:

best part of it.....its a ktm!!!
Old 09-28-2012, 06:34 AM   #5327
Jon_PDX
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by levain View Post
I'll be doing the same on a macbook air soon. Did you use an external dvd drive, or is there another way?
My apologies for the delay in responding, I've been away from my email for a few days.

I'm not sure if you got the maps loaded but this is how I installed them on my Air.

I have another Mac with a DVD drive so I shared the drive over my network and used it as a remote drive for the Air.

To get the unlock codes installed I went to the Garmin site, logged in to my account, and updated the Air directly off the site.

Jon...
Old 09-28-2012, 01:50 PM   #5328
DRTBYK
Long Haul Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,877
I'm wondering just how many of you folks are actually using your Montana for Routing. Call up a saved Route who's Start location is not where you are. Press "GO", My Montana, routes me to the start of the Saved Route. There is no popup like on the zumo's or nuvi, it just does it. If you don't want it to do that then don't start the route navigation.

If your Montana's aren't doing that. . .then mine is "special".

Cheers,

Dan
All Things GPS
Reviews at www.GlobeRiders.com
DRTBYK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 02:42 PM   #5329
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer: 8,388
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRTBYK View Post
I'm wondering just how many of you folks are actually using your Montana for Routing. Call up a saved Route who's Start location is not where you are. Press "GO", My Montana, routes me to the start of the Saved Route. There is no popup like on the zumo's or nuvi, it just does it. If you don't want it to do that then don't start the route navigation.

Cheers,
Just tried it, and mine doesn't route to the start. It just tells me to continue to the start point. I guess I didn't get one of the special ones.

Another day, another foot injury!
Albie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 02:57 PM   #5330
DRTBYK
Long Haul Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
Just tried it, and mine doesn't route to the start. It just tells me to continue to the start point. I guess I didn't get one of the special ones.
OK, you bit... I was just checking to see if you guys were really listening. The reason it doesn't is because the Route you are using was created "off-unit" and saved to the Montana. Therefore it is not editable: i.e, it can't be "changed" or added to. If the Route was created on the unit THEN you will be routed to the start of the Route.

This is one of many reasons we need to get the Montana to support route editing of routes created "off-unit".

Cheers,

Dan
All Things GPS
Old 09-28-2012, 03:02 PM   #5331
Emmbeedee
Procrastinators

Oddometer: 8,682
Quote:
OK, you bit... I was just checking to see if you guys were really listening. The reason it doesn't is because the Route you are using was created "off-unit" and saved to the Montana. Therefore it is not editable: i.e, it can't be "changed" or added to. If the Route was created on the unit THEN you will be routed to the start of the Route.

This is one of many reasons we need to get the Montana to support route editing of routes created "off-unit".

Cheers,
My route was created in the Montana and when I select it and hit go, it does route me to the start, no questions asked.
Emmbeedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 04:47 PM   #5332
BobM
DualSport

Oddometer: 306
Quote:

Cheers,
That's probably because you only use "Follow Roads" routing. My routes are all "Direct Routing" and the route will be activated, but definitely doesn't route you the the first waypoint.

Bob
BobM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 06:17 PM   #5333
empedrado
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 291
I only use routes on my computer to build track, tracks on the device and to share with riders in the group. Routes have too many variables except for inital planning

Quote:

Cheers,
empedrado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 05:24 AM   #5334
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer: 8,388
Quote:

Cheers,
Ahh, guess i need to e-mail the support team. Hit them up for more then 50 via points again as well.

Another day, another foot injury!
Albie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 07:44 AM   #5335
scotty69
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 903
Hey guys I just got my new garmin sent to me. I am trying to load maps. I had the maps (city navigator) loaded on the first Montana I bought. When they sent me a new on because of the "battery" issues I can't seem to get the city navigator to load. The Map Installer does not "see" city navigator. Support is closed. Can someone help?
Thanks,
Old 09-30-2012, 08:29 AM   #5336
DRTBYK
Long Haul Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty69 View Post
Hey guys I just got my new garmin sent to me. I am trying to load maps. I had the maps (city navigator) loaded on the first Montana I bought. When they sent me a new on because of the "battery" issues I can't seem to get the city navigator to load. The Map Installer does not "see" city navigator. Support is closed. Can someone help?
Thanks,
I'm guessing that you need to obtain a new "unlock" code (alphanumeric.GMA) file for the new Montana. You should be able to do that online (my.garmin.com). The new unit will need to attached and you should see indication on you account that you are setup for a new serial number to be linked to your CNNA maps.

Cheers,

Dan
All Things GPS
Old 09-30-2012, 08:55 AM   #5337
Elsjo
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmbeedee View Post
I don't have a dongle. (That doesn't sound right.)

Also, my iPhone is connected via BT. I'd prefer to keep it that way. And there is a line in - I should be able to use that.
Hi, new to the forum. I also have a Montana and a Scala G4, and found out the line in on the Scala is at least a little bit slow. When using a dongle the spoken directions from the Montana comes in completely, but then I can"t use any other of the functions of the Scala. So I tried the wired line in, but then i miss most of the directions. Was there contact with Scala about this?
Greetings Els
Elsjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:05 AM   #5338
Emmbeedee
Procrastinators

Oddometer: 8,682
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsjo View Post
Hi, new to the forum. I also have a Montana and a Scala G4, and found out the line in on the Scala is at least a little bit slow. When using a dongle the spoken directions from the Montana comes in completely, but then I can"t use any other of the functions of the Scala. So I tried the wired line in, but then i miss most of the directions. Was there contact with Scala about this?
I contacted Garmin, they said to contact Scala. I contacted Scala, they said to call Garmin.

What I did do was ask Scala (on Facebook) if there was any way they could change the priority of the inputs so the wired one wasn't the lowest priority. They and a bunch of others thought this would be an excellent idea. The Scala Facebook guy said he'd send it to engineering for consideration.

Maybe it'll be in Scala's next software release?
Emmbeedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:19 AM   #5339
scotty69
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 903
I registered the new Montana and under the maps section it shows I have Topo 100,000 but does not show city navigator. Does anyone know where to go from here to "unlock" city navigator on my new device?
Old 09-30-2012, 09:24 AM   #5340
Elsjo
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
Emmbeedee,I think I found your request on Facebook and added some, thanks.
Elsjo is offline   Reply With Quote