User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2012, 08:19 AM   #2641
higworld
Bring Me Meat!

Oddometer: 847
Mark ... Click Play. :-)

"I’m lost. I’ve gone to look for myself. If I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait."
higworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:26 PM   #2642
Radioman OP
Moto rider

Oddometer: 4,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecold View Post
Don't be shy about posting up more photos from the cruise.
Will post up more Galapagos Island Photos tomorrow lots more to share.....

But to get you up to speed.... It has been really busy since I returned. I volunteering at a Alzheimer's Caregiver conference. Since having cared for my wife through this terrible disease has given me a passion for helping others that are confronted with this disease. I was invited to another alzheimer's event up in Seattle at the Paul Allen Institute for Brain Science. It was amazing to see the philanthropy that the co founder of Microsoft is sharing. They are about 200 Scientists that are mapping the brain and putting it on the web for any Scientist in the world who is working on brain related science to access. WOW. They do not do many tours and it was an honor to see a little of this world.

I drove up on less that 24 hour notice, and stayed with my Friend Brooke and his wife whom I have been friends with since I was a young child. Our friendship has cover my lifetime and has been a great blessing!!

So on my drive back down to Portland in my cage, and I needed more fuel. YIKES!! This is 4-5 days of riding in Ecuador

But on the way back I stopped at Trail Tech in Battleground, Washington . Wanted to buy a new headlight for my Husky TE610 Moto.

8" baja light .... Cool.

To replace this crappy, no better than an old flashlight headlight that came stock....

Photo to come!......

It is strange being home. But have enjoyed my time so far, even with a very busy schedule!! (but that has been my life!)

More Galapagos to follow.

Ride of my Lifetime...... Thread started 5/11/2011 http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...0#post15950430
Radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 07:09 AM   #2643
Katoom119
Mmmm....Orange Kool-aid

Oddometer: 1,754
Hope to meet you at WestFest if you're not on the subcontinent by then. If you're ever back East let me know; Calvary Church, the massive one in Charlotte you took a picture of, is about a mile from my house. There's a Starbucks in between and coffee is on me.

5 Cylinders vs. Moab..........My East Tennessee.........Internships may go to Hell and I will go to Alaska
Katoom119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 10:02 AM   #2644
Radioman OP
Moto rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katoom119 View Post
Hope to meet you at WestFest if you're not on the subcontinent by then. If you're ever back East let me know; Calvary Church, the massive one in Charlotte you took a picture of, is about a mile from my house. There's a Starbucks in between and coffee is on me.
Thanks. No Westfest for me this year. Will be in about to fly back to Ecuador at that time ..... To ride to Ushaia around the end of the year!

Thanks for the offer..... Not sure where I will return to the US....or when !!

Ride of my Lifetime...... Thread started 5/11/2011 http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...0#post15950430
Old 04-05-2012, 03:50 PM   #2645
selkins
No hay banda!

Oddometer: 1,478
Crossing Paths

Just got into your ride report and loving it, Radioman!

Got a kick out of seeing that we occupied what I'm pretty sure is the exact same campsite in Gros Morne - with just two years and two months separating our visits. Seeing your picks of the site and the beach sent me on a pleasant visit down memory lane. And yes, it is an "Amazing spot!!" Thanks!

Your's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioman View Post
August 27th New Melborne, NL to Gros Morne Park

Set up my Tent at Green Point Camp ground. Amazing spot!!

Mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by selkins View Post
Day 11 – Monday, June 29 – Cartwright, Labrador to Gros Morne National Park, Newfoundland

A sweet campsite

Mid-America -- Ozarks (Darkrider) -- Lake Superior Circle Tour -- NW US -- Labrador -- Big Bend (Darkrider) -- Yukon/Dempster Hwy -- WTX/NNM/SCO
selkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 11:18 PM   #2646
OldPete2112
Adventurer

Oddometer: 86
Glad to see you are busy as always!

Very sorry to read about Kevin, hard to lose those we ride with. Keep them in your thoughts when riding, you know they would like that.

All the best Radioman, I will keep tuning in, you keep broadcasting!

Op

Its better to travel well than to arrive.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
OldPete2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 10:03 AM   #2647
Radioman OP
Moto rider

April 6th. Being "home" and catching up.

So it has been very busy returning home. I never intended to be home before my ride was completed so this has been unexpected. I hit the ground running with my involvement with Alzheimer's Disease, but it has been very rewarding as well.

My house has been leased out, so I am "homeless" and staying with friends.

Had to go to my house and collect my mail and packages.

I had purchased a used A arm for the my 1150 GS ADV. So that will need to change this out before I can ride it.

And since my MOTOPORT riding gear protected me so well on my get off, I had ordered a new one as my old one has 100K of riding and after my trip will need a new suit anyway. They are custom made to your dimensions and the suit was sitting here waiting for me.

http://www.motoport.com/

Got my New Trail Tech 8" light on my Husky...... The original light is like a weak flashlight.... The halogen 8" light was great in the rain last night!! And looks cool!

Spent all morning getting my India Visa Application and paperwork together

Online application completed, and then printed out, Passport, copy of Drivers License, application and Travisa paper work all ready.

Fedex'd off to get completed. Now I wait for this.

It's Thursday Night ADV meet up in Portland! Was great to see old friends and meet up with new ones!!

But thanks to LadyBug I got lots of hugs

Last time I met this guy was while having me custom seat made by Mr Ed's Moto in Albany. Now he is drinking some Voodoo Donut Maple flavored Beer in a Pink Bottle

Lots of bikes .....

Just a note. While riding down to the meet up, I was in traffic and it was hard. In central and South America, I would have just gone around or through the traffic. Here in the US I would be arrested for Negligent driving.... :loll

It is amazing how riding elsewhere has changed what I think is "normal". Looking forward to the Alley Sweeper ride tomorrow ..... Can use some of the skills I learned in SA

Old 04-06-2012, 10:14 AM   #2648
Timmer
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,269
Sorry I missed you in Portland. I needed to be home in Seattle for a concert with my wife after my "little" 4 day ride this week. See you soon in Seattle.
'03 Wing
'01 ST1100
Timmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 01:14 AM   #2649
farrell caesar
Seezer

Oddometer: 381
fellow Oregonian

Hi. I'm 1947 vintage originally from Portland. Grew up in Illinois. Dad came to Portland during the war to make parts for ships as a moulder. I think he worked for Montag foundry. Love your report. I love mexico trips and long to go to SA. My daughter is wanting to go back to europe for trip, but i'm telling her to check out radio man's trip on adv. I think it would be much more interesting. The Galapagos trip...........awesome ! Big thanks
Old 04-08-2012, 07:40 AM   #2650
Radioman OP
Moto rider

April 7th and 8th

Back in town and catching up with friends New and Old!

Into a routine of having coffee with the "guys" that hang out at Starbucks.

Was really glad that my trip home happened to fall when the the Local "alley Sweeper event was on.

Lots of bikes of all types on a beautiful day in Portland.

Smiling Jack rode up, and said "HI"

MotoMuffin rolled in on her Hack

This looks like my future!

and a old school collection of Rat bikes!

The sun was even out!!

The Organizers giving a quick "rules for the day" :loll

Part of the fun with this ride is that you get lost and ride with whoever is around you.

Normal muddy road!

Surprise visit by OregonCoast and his lovely wife. Made them sit on Romona's Ural.

Had a chuckle about this sign...

Del shows up later with his New Truck

Old 04-08-2012, 07:41 AM   #2651
Radioman OP
Moto rider

More Galapagos Photos to come soon. Just need to make some time to post them up.

Old 04-08-2012, 08:24 AM   #2652
MortimerSickle
Semi-Adventurer

Oddometer: 11,595
Alley Sweeper:

Mark was on the wrong end of the camera to include himself, so here are a few more pics.

And one more RE, just to prepare him for riding with Chanderjeet.

I miss round headlights.

"When I was a young man, I liked to race my horse...." -
G.H.W.S. 1878-1962
MortimerSickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 11:22 AM   #2653
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Oddometer: 10,396
I recognize many of those happy faces. I'm glad you were able to connect with friends and have some fun playing in the alleys of Portland.
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 01:18 PM   #2654
Idahosam
Set Adrift

Oddometer: 4,102
The HID on your Husky is Sweet, I like that! How many Lumes?

To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries.
Aldous Huxley
Idahosam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 03:07 AM   #2655
e-wog
n00b

Oddometer: 2
I have been reading your ride report for some time now and have enjoyed it very much. I will be leaving for Ecuador and freedom bike rentals later today and enjoying some of the same roads you have ridden. Thank you for sharing your journey
e-wog is offline   Reply With Quote