Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-19-2012, 09:42 AM   #2881
JoDawg
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 198
Mark, looks like a great start to this new adventure of yours. India is on my bucket list some day. Will be following along as always. Safe trip and hopefully I can buy you a cold one in Peru in Aug.and here of this adventure first hand.

Cheers and safe travels my friend!

Jody

JoDawg

2009 F800GS
BMWMOA #146900
JoDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 04:22 PM   #2882
Delilama
Papa Bear KLR

Oddometer: 185
Mark.Whickeddd cool new sticker!!!!!
Ride on,Ride well,Ride safe,and have fun!!!
OK,if you get a chance,shots of girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Have fun!!!!
Old 05-19-2012, 06:25 PM   #2883
SgtMike
facebook.com/mikeraces

Oddometer: 1,126
Cool2 Makes me smile!

Love seeing CJ and the family, looking forward to more!!!!!!

Thanks for taking us along Mark!
SgtMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 06:30 PM   #2884
Radioman OP
Moto rider

Oddometer: 4,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtMike View Post
Love seeing CJ and the family, looking forward to more!!!!!!

Thanks for taking us along Mark!
Mike!! Thanks for your help, looking forward to getting to the high country :)

Ride of my Lifetime...... Thread started 5/11/2011 http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...0#post15950430
Radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 08:49 PM   #2885
Johnny Drunkard
sQuishy

Oddometer: 6,523
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioman View Post
...Johnny D .... Told me about this guy. He will walk with his walking stick all night long. Tapping the ground :)

He's still at it!

Quote:
CJ takes his daughter for a ride around the block.

Isn't she the cutest kid?
Johnny Drunkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 08:55 PM   #2886
cyberdos
True Story Bro

Oddometer: 22,944

Gorgeous!
Old 05-20-2012, 08:28 PM   #2887
Radioman OP
Moto rider

May 20th Dehli

So had another great day yesterday and just a couple more days in Dehli before riding north into the mountains. Looking forward to the mountains and the cool weather ahead at Altitude. It has been 40 Degrees C (110 F) during the days, so we have mostly been inside.

Chanderjeets Family spends great time at home with little Ida Sofia. She is learning English, Hindi and some Punjabi.

Learning tools Look familiar.... But with Hindi, there are many characters to remember and learn.

I can put the shapes in.... But have no idea how to pronounce each one. Feeling very language challenged!

Eating lots of great family style meals with CJ and Richa. They have been very generous hosts. I am so thankful to have the time to spend with them, and their family getting a real picture of how a "average" family in India lives!!
Just trying to soak it all in.

Then a ride through Dehli on our shopping trip. (remember is is 40 Degree C)

The out of town buss is packed and people are sitting on the roof.

So glad to seeing India!

So we visited a Mall so Rica could do some shopping and I picked up a pair of tennis shoes as I will have room on the bike and will need them for exploring around instead of my riding boots! The Malls are huge. Remember there is 20 Million + in Dehli area, and 1.2 Billion (yup, B as in Billion in India)

Yesterday we were able to take a Tuk Tuk down to pick up the bikes. It was an experience in the tuk tuk, riding through town, with a Back pack full of cash for the moto deposit and rental money!

The law in India is that the Male riders need to wear helmets, except the Sikh's who wear turbans. CJ told me they just changed the laws that the Women did not have to wear helmets at all. Woman mostly ride side saddle as well. and ATGATT means Sandals, and light wieght clothing

Lots of different traffic on the roads....

With the British influence, there is a combination of Hindi and English everywhere. I cannot begin to try to pronounce Hindi ......on the signs.

Get to the shop, they have the bikes ready. Had them mount my powered GPS mount. CJ sitting on a classic Enfield

Here is the small shop we rented with. CJ knows them well, and they have his other bike for sale in their shop. This shop has been around for 60 years or so, Would never have found it or been able to work out a rental deal without Chanderjeet helping! Thank CJ The rentals worked out to about $22 / Day for the bikes they added travel racks, and also third party insurance in case of accident. We also had to put down a 40,000 Rupee deposit. at current rates...about $740 that we will get back upon return. We would have to pay for any damage to the bikes. FYI

Finalizing the deal.....

They young man in the green and black shirt does all the work under the instruction of Sunil the owner.

As we ride off for my second ride through Dehli, CJ is riding one bike and me the other. His bike is running out of gas So we circle back through a narrow Alley and the shop has someone show up with a small jug of gas to get us down the road. We stop for fuel, and it takes about 1,750 Rupees ($32 USD it is 52-54 Rupees to one USD) to fill the two bikes.

Staying with CJ

We took drive to another Mall as Mrs Chanderjeet needed to do some more shopping and meet up with her sister. In the car, I missed getting a photo of two guys on a bike one was holding a windshield on his lap vertically Hope I see it again. I am always amazed what things get carried on a small Moto!

India is huge. We passed the Largest Marble shopping in all of Asia, Then the furniture district, largest in all of Asia.

cool twilight sky.....

We met up with Richa's Sister and Husband and had a great "southern Indian" meal !! Yummmy! I do not know all the names yet.... So I am trying everything. This was all delicious. Will get more photos from the road food!

Ride of my Lifetime...... Thread started 5/11/2011 http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...0#post15950430

Radioman screwed with this post 05-21-2012 at 07:34 AM
Old 05-20-2012, 08:58 PM   #2888
SgtMike
facebook.com/mikeraces

Oddometer: 1,126
Loving this!!!

Keeping your journey in my thoughts, be safe and enjoy. Don't worry about updating, do that when the chance arrives - stay hydrated and eat well, I lost 17 pounds in 3 weeks there.

Once you get some elevation the temps will be more forgiving.
SgtMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 10:57 PM   #2889
Chanderjeet
IndiYeah !!

Oddometer: 5,666
Quote:
Keeping your journey in my thoughts, be safe and enjoy. Don't worry about updating, do that when the chance arrives - stay hydrated and eat well, I lost 17 pounds in 3 weeks there.

Once you get some elevation the temps will be more forgiving.
I must have picked those 17 then :P
Old 05-20-2012, 11:58 PM   #2890
Iamtheone
Traveller

Oddometer: 96
Hi Radioman !!,

I am not sure of your plan for India (still to go through your RR), but you are most welcome to stay with us if you plan to come to Udaipur, Rajasthan. Me and Mrs travelled across US last year and have very fond memories of the hospitality that we received there and would love to be your host for as long as you wish.

Thank you DCrider for bringing Radioman's RR to my attention. Have been very sporadic with my visits to adv. Need to improve.

Radioman, Udaipur and Rajasthan in general has lots of history and nice places to see and is not very far from Delhi. You can PM me or call me (PM'd you my phone number)

regards,

Vikram
Old 05-21-2012, 12:47 AM   #2891
MoBill
Smiles when says dat

Oddometer: 13,335
Checking in from London, excited and full of anticipation. Thankful, grateful--and...I LOVE airports.
MoBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 01:05 AM   #2892
Radioman OP
Moto rider

Quote:
Don't worry about updating, do that when the chance arrives -
Mike. I try to write my Ride Report as I go, so that I capture the experience and share it with fresh thoughts as they happen. Good and bad. Just the way I like to share. For me it is not a burden, as it is part of my travels...

Old 05-21-2012, 01:07 AM   #2893
Radioman OP
Moto rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamtheone View Post
Hi Radioman !!,

I am not sure of your plan for India (still to go through your RR), but you are most welcome to stay with us if you plan to come to Udaipur, Rajasthan.

Thank you DCrider for bringing Radioman's RR to my attention.

Radioman, Udaipur and Rajasthan in general has lots of history and nice places to see and is not very far from Delhi. You can PM me or call me (PM'd you my phone number)

regards,

Vikram
Hello Vikram,

Thanks so much for the post and PM. ADV is a great place for motorcyclist to connect. Thanks for the PM, I will contact you once I know what my plans are. MoBill and I will be riding North to Manali and Leh starting Wednesday am May 23rd. As his time is short here.

Thanks so much for the offer!

PS: I do not have a cel phone working here, but will PM you!!

Old 05-21-2012, 01:09 AM   #2894
Radioman OP
Moto rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundabout92 View Post
Hello to everyone, i'm new. Here's the logo i made for Radioman! Keep it up Radioman!!
Vincent. WOW thanks for the great Logo. Has so many elements of my trip. Will figure out how to use it in the future!!

Old 05-21-2012, 01:10 AM   #2895
Radioman OP
Moto rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Stain View Post
But we didn't know that you babysat - cripes, Mrs. Stain and I coulda had a date night when you were here!
You never asked