Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2012, 12:16 PM   #3481
LadyDraco
KillerSmileIHazIt !!

Oddometer: 26,823
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioman View Post
One Man Caravan. Robert Edison Fulton Jr. (Author)

[ Read this book years ago...... Inspiring.

Us too.. And still have the book....

Check it from time to time as I'm always adding to it..
My Rides and life on the Farm
LadyDraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 12:23 PM   #3482
Timmer
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,299
Looking forward to reading more about your adventures even as we begin one ourselves.
'03 Wing
'01 ST1100
Timmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 12:29 PM   #3483
CourtRand
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 180
We are looking forward to seeing you again in Quito! Can you bring us some beef jerky? We miss that in the USA - we will trade you for some cuy jerky...

+593(0)98-176-2340 http://FreedomBikeRental.com
court@freedombikerental.com
CourtRand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 09:28 PM   #3484
JoDawg
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 198
Mark, Hello from Cusco. You are going to love Peru. The scenery and people are amazing. I will PM you with some details later.

Ride safe my freind.

Cheers, Jody

JoDawg

2009 F800GS
BMWMOA #146900
JoDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 03:42 PM   #3485
Radioman OP
Moto rider

Oddometer: 4,946
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoDawg View Post
Mark, Hello from Cusco. You are going to love Peru. The scenery and people are amazing. I will PM you with some details later.

Ride safe my freind.

Cheers, Jody
Thanks Jody!! looking forward to it!

Will be flying back to Ecuador to pick up my Bike in less than two weeks, then riding south into Peru, Boliva, Chile, Argentina, Brazil :)

Ride of my Lifetime...... Thread started 5/11/2011 http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...0#post15950430
Radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 11:27 PM   #3486
Radioman OP
Moto rider

Making the most of my time here in the USA. Rode back up to Whidbey Island....

Will have Julio and Luisa from Guatemala come by on their way back from Alaska! Should be fun!

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=765375

Ride of my Lifetime...... Thread started 5/11/2011 http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...0#post15950430
Old 09-01-2012, 04:23 AM   #3487
sandsman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 439
Mark, I was in Washington a couple of weeks ago. It's a beautiful state. We were over on the coast around Kalalock area of the Olympic NP. Then I had to drop ,my wife off at SeaTac airport so she could go home to work. I then headed up to the Upper Cascades National Forrest and camped there too before heading off to Yellowstone. I was hoping to run into you somewhere along the way.......just didn't happen though. Keep up the adventure. Jack

sandsman screwed with this post 09-01-2012 at 04:24 AM Reason: spelling
sandsman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 07:49 AM   #3488
Radioman OP
Moto rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsman View Post
Mark, I was in Washington a couple of weeks ago. It's a beautiful state. We were over on the coast around Kalalock area of the Olympic NP. Then I had to drop ,my wife off at SeaTac airport so she could go home to work. I then headed up to the Upper Cascades National Forrest and camped there too before heading off to Yellowstone. I was hoping to run into you somewhere along the way.......just didn't happen though. Keep up the adventure. Jack
Jack,

Glad you were exploring the area. Sorry our paths did not path, maybe next time you are here!

Hope you really enjoyed it!

Mark

Old 09-03-2012, 01:01 AM   #3489
Solarmoose
electric

Oddometer: 663
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioman View Post
Making the most of my time here in the USA. Rode back up to Whidbey Island....

Will have Julio and Luisa from Guatemala come by on their way back from Alaska! Should be fun!

Glad you are getting to meet Julio and Luisa, we sure had a good time with them. Best to you all!
dave and cee
Solarmoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 06:28 AM   #3490
GuateRider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,365
[QUOTE=Solarmoose;19507125]Glad you are getting to meet Julio and Luisa, we sure had a good time with them. Best to you all!
dave and cee[/QUOTE

So did we , the same as on this weekend with Mark
Life is good !

julio&luisa
Old 09-06-2012, 10:31 AM   #3491
Radioman OP
Moto rider

T MINUS 5 days....

My time back in the USA is coming to a rapid close. Have had a good time being home, seeing friends and family and getting some projects done, but I am ready to get back to South America so I can keep riding to Tierra Del Fuego and beyond.

As I continue this journey I am learning and watching technology evolve. As a marketing tool in the US you now see lots of square barcodes appearing on signs, packaging etc. It is a way to share web sites for information.

To stay current, I created one that links to my own Blog which is a double post of my Ride Report for non advriders. if you have a scan app on your phone this will take you to it.....

and I also decided to make some sticker made up for my ride..... They will be ready Monday!

Last weekend I was up on Whidbey and had the pleasure of meeting and Hosting GuateRider and his wife on there return ride from Alaska!!

Here is his Ride Report

Since it is the last part of summer ....... I had Julio help me pick some Blackberries....

Something he has not seen or done in Guatemala.

We took a Blackberry Pie to the community Potluck meal. Funny, but by the time we finished eating the pie was gone so we did not get to have any

Had a great evening together!

Great Sunset!

Sunday we rode into Langley to check it out.

Had to park next to some Harley Riders.

I had the chance to meet up for Lunch with some High School Buddy that I had not seen in many years! Great to see you John and Mo!

Then back to our House to relax! Beautiful Pacific NW!

Had another great evening with Julio and Luisa!! Lots of conversation about Life, Riding, Travel, Family and Politics!

Monday Morning Julio and Luisa packed up and headed out to the Olympic Pennisula!!

Off they go!! Safe Travels to you!

Then I rode into Seattle to see a childhood friend and his family. Lucy could not wait to get on the bike for a photo.

Her Mom told me a few days before Lucy told her; "I want to have a motorcycle" (wonder where she got that from ) another young ADVrider in the making

So Lucy and I practiced the "Radioman jump"......

Wahooo!

With My childhood Friend Steve!! Had a great childhood, and still keep in touch with the "neighbor kids"

Lucy and Her mom taking a couple photos.

Then to Downtown Seattle to meet up with SGTMIKE and his family for a spot of lunch!!

Then Dinner with another High School Friend and her Brother who lives in Thailand and rides a moto!! Bummer.... we were sharing storry and videos and did not snap any photos But had a great evening!

Now I am on the final days of my time. I am with Family friends in Eastern Oregon for their sons wedding on Saturday. Then home for one day to wrap up my packing and storage of other cloths and gear I have been using while back home.

As it normally is when you start out on a new part of a journey into the unknown. There is a bit on anxiety, fear, excitement and many details flying all around my brain. Know this is normal for me, and once I get back to Quito and get my bike back up and running..... things will settle down.

Stay tuned as I will get back into a groove of posting regularly as I start riding south from Ecuador to Ushaia. !

Radioman screwed with this post 09-07-2012 at 07:22 AM
Old 09-06-2012, 10:30 PM   #3492
NotAllWhoWanderRLost
Lost

Oddometer: 422
Thumb

I'm looking forward to following along on the next chapter of your adventure.
Safe travels!
NotAllWhoWanderRLost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 10:54 PM   #3493
Vinz Clortho
Keymaster of Gozer

Oddometer: 33
Wow, where to start? I discovered your threads a few weeks ago and have been reading through them ever since. Your journey thus far has been very inspiring and thought provoking. I have been sharing your story with my family as I went along and we are all touched by your "Fatih, Hope, and Courage".

Your story has made me much more aware of what Alzheimer's is and how it will affect all of us, either directly or indirectly. I am deeply sorry for your loss and am thankful that you are brave enough to share it with others.

Travel safe and thanks for taking us with you!

2009 KLR 650
Vinz Clortho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 07:30 AM   #3494
GuateRider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,365
buena suerte mi amigo

Thx again for your hospitality and great pictures ; have fun at the wedding y buena suerte para Ecuador !!!
Julio
Old 09-07-2012, 07:37 AM   #3495
Radioman OP
Moto rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinz Clortho View Post
Wow, where to start? I discovered your threads a few weeks ago and have been reading through them ever since. Your journey thus far has been very inspiring and thought provoking. I have been sharing your story with my family as I went along and we are all touched by your "Fatih, Hope, and Courage".

Your story has made me much more aware of what Alzheimer's is and how it will affect all of us, either directly or indirectly. I am deeply sorry for your loss and am thankful that you are brave enough to share it with others.
Dear Chris. Thanks so much for the post and comment. I appreciate the time you have taken to read my story and see why I have shared it. I take it as a complement that my "Ride Report" is worthy of sharing with your family, and know that I would not have done this without my "Fatih, Hope, and Courage".

We all have life stories and hopefully we can learn from others, share in the difficulties, sadness, loss as well as the successes, joy and adventures!

I will keep posting, especially knowing others are able to ride along with me.

Thanks for the encouraging Post!!