Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-11-2013, 10:47 AM   #6226
jbcaddy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voidrider View Post
I see what you did there! You're trying to trick him to ride around the world again! Nice try, and it would keep this great ride report going!
well, I really did mean west oh well, it should not take Mark more than a year more to make the Eastward loop to the west coast.
jbcaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 11:13 AM   #6227
Radioman OP
Moto rider

Oddometer: 5,037
Returning to Roseville to stay with IceCreamSoldier and Family and the chance to meet up with the 4th grade class (now 6th Grade)

Paul even got a 6:30 AM RSVP text

Long Story, but the kids are at a different school Now, and ICS contacted the school to arrange the "radiomanReturns" meeting. They just did not get it, and the arrangements would have been to difficult and awkward..... So the Rebel that ICS is.... He said, we will just have it at our house!

The kids arrive to see the Bike in the Garage..... Then into the house for Snacks

Then a bit of a recap of the Journey, some Photos, and short videos!

And ICS, had prepared a poster for the kids to write or draw on in appreciation...
Once again the kids words are very profound! Note: I had promised the kids I would come back after my ride was finished.... They remembered and commented!!

Imagine. Was over two years since I first met them, and shared my story! It their lives that is a very long time!

Maybe some future women riders of the world?

Love this one !

Radioman got a few Hearts!

And the real view and understanding of a long journey!

I am touched that the Kids are interested and that some of them with their parents are following along. Hopefully, the few key points I shared with them will stick and help them see the world anew, and improve their lives and provide them with encouragement to live their dreams!

What a great way to spend the afternoon yesterday!!

Then Motokeith stopped by for a chat!!

. Short ride this afternoon, then northward... I know which way I am going

Ride of my Lifetime...... Thread started 5/11/2011 http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...0#post15950430
Radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 11:40 AM   #6228
Scubalong
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 830
Thumb Ahhhhh so cute

Scubalong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 12:25 PM   #6229
capeklr
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceCreamSoldier View Post
Kinda weird reading "RadioMan Rides the world" when he's in the next room
Yes I had that experience as well.
Or reading the ride report to find out where we are.
Old 12-11-2013, 05:34 PM   #6230
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Oddometer: 10,808
I'll bet some of those kids become riders and have motorcycle adventures of their own when they get older all because you showed them how great it is.
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 06:24 PM   #6231
Ol Man
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 226
What a wonderful day for you and the students. Congratulations on having a positive influence on so many people.
Ol Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 07:46 PM   #6232
Creeker747
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioman View Post

Love this one !

It's a motorcycle thing..................

Well done Mark! Welcome Home
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!"
Creeker747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 09:05 PM   #6233
IceCreamSoldier
suffering somewhere

Oddometer: 481
Something that's not obvious is that these kids now think that doing something like Mark has done is quite possible and maybe even normal. They've seen him three times. They didn't freak out when they saw him yesterday, it's as if they "knew" this day was coming all along. He has removed the stigma of travel and overcoming obstacles that may be part of their personal family experience. I suppose they'll meet someone at a picnic or a party someday that will be crowing about a ride or a hike or a sail, and one of these girls will say....... " uh, my friend rode a motorcycle around the world for two years "......... You are a terrific inspiration for these kids, I'm sure the last page regarding the RadioKids will not be finished for awhile !! I am positive you will ride with one of these kids someday

PS....... most important, Vanessa said all the kids were talking about you at school today ...oh, and they loved the stickers
Old 12-12-2013, 04:34 AM   #6234
KeithTurk
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 753
Perfect Icecream
KeithTurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 07:50 AM   #6235
SavannahCapt
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 732
Sammy the 6th Grader

I would never have guessed that a 6th grader could express the feelings of a 63 year old, and do it so succinctly. Thanks for sharing and providing inspiration for kids of all ages. All of us "Sammy's" need folks like you.
Old 12-12-2013, 08:00 AM   #6236
Radioman OP
Moto rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavannahCapt View Post
I would never have guessed that a 6th grader could express the feelings of a 63 year old, and do it so succinctly. Thanks for sharing and providing inspiration for kids of all ages. All of us "Sammy's" need folks like you.
Out of the mouths of Babes!! The comments that were written down made my day, as well as the questions! Awesome

Ride of my Lifetime...... Thread started 5/11/2011 http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...0#post15950430
Old 12-12-2013, 08:01 AM   #6237
Radioman OP
Moto rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybug0048 View Post
I'll bet some of those kids become riders and have motorcycle adventures of their own when they get older all because you showed them how great it is.
and we talked ATGATT as well

Old 12-12-2013, 08:02 AM   #6238
Radioman OP
Moto rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol Man View Post
What a wonderful day for you and the students..
Was great! Even a few mom's and Mrs Schrader stopped by!! Very Very cool! I have IceCreamsoldier to thank!!

Old 12-12-2013, 08:21 AM   #6239
Radioman OP
Moto rider

Big Thank You to IceCreamSoldier, for sharing their home, family and really great time with the Kids. He is an awesome Dad, and not just to his kids but all the kids in the Schools and Neighborhood! His impact in his own community is priceless!

Paul, Jill, Call, Nick and Vanessa!!

and a great cook too!

I get on the bike in the afternoon, and ride westward to meet up with KennyM. Sun is shining, and my heart is full of Joy! Connecting with the kids was really a great experience!

On my way, I rode through Napa Valley, and stopped for Gas. A CHP SUV pulls up next to me....... I am wondering, Hummm what have I done and He smiles big, and says, "hey your the famous Radioman"

He has been reading my thread and was wondering if I would ride through his area...... and was shocked to see it was me!!

He pulls away, we are both smiling.

I finish getting my gas, checking my phone and he comes back...... "hey, have you had lunch?" ......... So Oscar also takes me to lunch!!! was great meeting you and looking forward to your RR as you ride south after retirement!!! You can do it!!

And lastly, Paul had posted on his FB account that I was heading off out of his driveway ..... Some of the Mom's posted in, and Mrs S, and one of the girls moms posted this. How very cool is this!! Catherine!! So glad you are following along. Hope that my Journey helps you realize that you can live your dreams!!

Old 12-12-2013, 08:25 AM   #6240
Radioman OP
Moto rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceCreamSoldier View Post
Something that's not obvious is that these kids now think that doing something like Mark has done is quite possible and maybe even normal. They've seen him three times. They didn't freak out when they saw him yesterday, it's as if they "knew" this day was coming all along. He has removed the stigma of travel and overcoming obstacles that may be part of their personal family experience. I suppose they'll meet someone at a picnic or a party someday that will be crowing about a ride or a hike or a sail, and one of these girls will say....... " uh, my friend rode a motorcycle around the world for two years "......... You are a terrific inspiration for these kids, I'm sure the last page regarding the RadioKids will not be finished for awhile !! I am positive you will ride with one of these kids someday

PS....... most important, Vanessa said all the kids were talking about you at school today ...oh, and they loved the stickers
Thanks Paul!