Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-15-2013, 06:58 AM   #6301
Radioman OP
Moto rider

Oddometer: 5,010
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmissouri View Post
Mark:

I asked you a question when you first started this trip. The question was asking if you were looking for something. You responded that you were not looking for anything. Since then,

Do you still think you were not looking for anything? Sometimes when we are not looking, is when we find things.

I think it will be interesting to see how you feel after you go back to work and back to a routine. I wonder if you will feel like you have scratched that itch and will be satisfied with that type of a life.
Hello KTMmissouri, I remember your question.

Having lost Chris my wife in 2011 5 months before I left on this Adventure, Life was turned upside down for me. It was like half of me was slowly ripped away. It was painful, emotional and difficult. But the words that sustained me were Faith, Hope and Courage. For me they are the foundation of my beliefs and a simple way for me to share what drives me.

So I was not looking for a quick fix for my grief, or someone to be in a relationship, or that I would cover up my pain ...... But I think it was a way for me to start life again.

As I reflect back, I have gained a great deal on my journey. Seeing many destinations along the way, but this time on the road has allowed me to meet amazing people (whom I will be friends for life), seeing so many sights that most people will never see, and hopefully encouraging others to follow their own dreams, and knowing they will make it through difficult times.

As I enter this next chapter, I will certainly post up over the next few months the transitions and lessons learned!

Be Well

Ride of my Lifetime...... Thread started 5/11/2011 http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...0#post15950430
Radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 07:00 AM   #6302
Radioman OP
Moto rider

Sunshine as I ride into Oregon in December! Love it!!

The beautiful Oregon Coast!! Always takes my breath away!

too many places to stop and take it all in. Having ridden these roads before, I do not stop much but try to just take it all in. With a flood of remembrances of the past two and a half years!

Familiar places..... Look where I am Sector

Past the Barnicle Bistro

As I roll through Port Orford.... Hummmm This is the end of the TAT (trans America Trail - a mostly dirt ride across the US ) that I have wanted to ride for years..... Ok. Keep it on the To Do list

As I ride into Coos Bay, I meet up with Patrick46, and the first thing he does is hand me an envelope of stickers he made for me!!

He invites me to his Christmas Party. Started at a Mexican Restaurant

Then Bowling until the place closed.

Patrick is on the right lane, wondering why he only knocked down a few pins

Saturday Morning Patrick shows up on his Adventure bike to ride a ways north with me!!

A crisp Oregon Morning for a ride!! 33.8 Degrees

Have not had this kind of morning dew for a long time!

More Beautiful Oregon Coastline

Patrick suggests a Jump

We say goodbye at a Gas Station. The older guy working there was very interested, and is now a Radioman fan!

Thanks Patrick for the hospitality and very cool stickers.... Just need to find room for them on the bikes!

Snuck one on the front!!

I ride on up the Hwy to Lincoln city. Not too far from home, actually less than 100 miles. But meeting up with rjmorel for dinner!

Wanted to make an easy final day, instead of rushing like the hours to the barn. Took a long walk on the beach to take in the fresh sea air..... Contemplating the final days ride to my home.

.......... Stay tuned for the last riding day of this report!! .............

Ride of my Lifetime...... Thread started 5/11/2011 http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...0#post15950430

Radioman screwed with this post 12-15-2013 at 07:34 AM
Old 12-15-2013, 07:01 AM   #6303
Radioman OP
Moto rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceRph View Post
Thinking about you today Mark, just like most days since you started.

Sometimes I would wonder what you were looking at, sometimes what you were thinking, sometimes what you had for lunch. Sometimes I would have to wait a bit to find out, but *BAM* there a post would be to answer my nosey questions. I would stop everything else and have to read it, look at the pics, and think about the experience.

Safe travels on those last few miles.

I wish I could be up there and join the Welcome Wagon. I could thank you personally for being so generous w/ your time to keep up your RR, blog, & FB stuff. And more importantly, for being the best ambassador for our motor sport anyone could ever ask for.
Thanks so Much Roger. Humbled by your post, as you have been a great part of ADV rider and fortunately I have had the pleasure of meeting you and your family! You are one of the "good" ones on ADV rider and why I love this community so much! Until we see each other again.... It will be soon I am sure!

Thanks!!

Radioman screwed with this post 12-15-2013 at 07:27 AM
Old 12-15-2013, 08:46 AM   #6304
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Oddometer: 10,690
I like this picture. I like the two different styes of adventure bikes and shows everyone's "adventure" is different and yet the same in so many ways.

I'm going to be pouting today while I'm here and not there to be part of your welcome home gathering. Enjoy reconnecting with all your PNWet friends.
"Be real careful which and who's dream you get caught up in!!!" ~ Jettn Jim
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 09:24 AM   #6305
Radioman OP
Moto rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybug0048 View Post
I like this picture. I like the two different styes of adventure bikes and shows everyone's "adventure" is different and yet the same in so many ways.

I'm going to be pouting today while I'm here and not there to be part of your welcome home gathering. Enjoy reconnecting with all your PNWet friends.
Bug Sister. So true. We all have our own adventures, styles and lives! But through the Internet and ADVrider we have connected which is so cool!!

You will be missed but I will see you soon!

Old 12-15-2013, 09:33 AM   #6306
KryzHatch
Adventurer

Oddometer: 66
"But the road is so great to ride, I find it hard to stop and take photos!! But for all of the inmates folioing along. I do it!" says RADIOMAN several pages ago.

Thanks you for that. That is exactly what you do since the beginning of this road report.
KryzHatch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 09:34 AM   #6307
prophog
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
Great RR

Beautiful story
This would make a wonderful movie
2.5 years = 21,900 hours movie seat time
Might have to do a little editing

I am a man.... I can change... If I have to... I guess
"Red Green Show"
prophog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 10:37 AM   #6308
Patrick46
visionary

Oddometer: 2,802
Quote:
Originally Posted by prophog View Post
This would make a wonderful movie

www.artworks-unlimited.com
Patrick46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 11:08 AM   #6309
BoxerPaul
Adventurer

Oddometer: 19
Totally great rr!
If you decide to do a tour with presentations and would be interested to do one in San Diego I would be happy to help put something together for you, and provide a place for you to stay with us!
We had Lisa and Simon give a talk and slide show here at BMW MC of SD to a filled showroom, really appreciated by all.

In the meantime, welcome home! The PNW is as beautiful a place as anywhere on the planet, and add in your friends you gotta be happy to be back!

Have a very warm, beautiful Holiday Season!
BoxerPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 11:24 AM   #6310
Jibby
Adventurer

Oddometer: 92
The end is near

I wish I could be there, standing in your driveway when you pull in with a sign saying, "Stop Radioman. Stop".

Congratulations on an amazing achievement.

Jibby
Jibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 12:46 PM   #6311
Crash Clay
Adventurer

Oddometer: 82
You are a true inspiration to everyone you meet, and everyone that has been following along on this amazing journey. I am there in spirit.

WELCOME HOME!!!!!

Natalie
Crash Clay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 01:18 PM   #6312
C-Stain
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,692
Quick!

Somebody find me another epic ride report where the author is as nice and genuine as Radioman, who posts are always interesting and filled with insight.

I'm gonna need something to read with my morning coffee...
C-Stain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 01:32 PM   #6313
enduro0125
Sticks and Stones™..

Oddometer: 13,417
The one by Noah is pretty good
Old 12-15-2013, 02:44 PM   #6314
E-Bum
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 686
Quote:
Originally Posted by enduro0125 View Post
The one by Noah is pretty good
Quite an understatement.
E-Bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 06:06 PM   #6315
singhv
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Kudos!

Radioman/Mark,

I've been following your journey ever since it began, but never posted until now. I guess I'm one of those who enjoys others' posts silently and wishes I was able to get away from the day-to-day and have an ADVenture of my own....some day!

Anyway, thanks for some excellent reporting, its been a treat. Your journey has been monumental and I hope this is just a pause, not a stop. I suspect you will be back on the road sooner rather than later!!

I live in Charlotte, NC (but i grew up in India, a long time ago...) and if you are ever in this area it will be my privilege to host you.

Enjoy your homecoming, and be proud of your achievements. Take care buddy!
singhv is offline   Reply With Quote