Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-23-2013, 10:13 AM   #6391
Radioman OP
Moto rider

Oddometer: 4,999
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny M. View Post
Wow. If I made $75.00 an hour I would have joined you for a couple of months in New Zealand.
Linda and I were very happy to meet you. Thank you for spending the time to post your adventure.
Kenny and Linda. Merry Christmas.

I just was fooling around as I thought of all the time spend reading this RR... Just was a silly way to view it. The amounts of wage was just fun to play with.

Ride of my Lifetime...... Thread started 5/11/2011 http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...0#post15950430
Radioman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 10:14 AM   #6392
Radioman OP
Moto rider

Merry Christmas to the ADV community.

It is a bitter sweet time for me as I arrive "home". It is part of the journey for sure. I am really optimistic about the Chapter ahead, but also feel a bit of the Loneliness and sadness of season as I think about my life in the past with Chris and family around me. That Life is gone. Don't get me wrong, I have great family in the sense of my brothers, and good friends!

I know people get uncomfortable when others talk about loneliness and emotions, but it is part of life. I have tried to share all part of this journey, good and "bad". and will continue. As I know we all go through emotions and difficult times, and it is OK to talk about them.

Life is full of emotions, some are very difficult and I am full of thankfulness and gratitude for all the experiences in my life. It has made me better (certainly not perfect).

During this Holiday season..... Tell the people around you that you Love them, let the "small" stuff go. We never know how much these people mean until they are gone!

As I am sorting out photos and Videos from the past couple years..... I am amazed as I relive some of the great times I have had !! Will look forward to sharing these in the months ahead! And I also found this coffee mug...... on my New chapter, I will need to come up with new dreams and live it.

Ride of my Lifetime...... Thread started 5/11/2011 http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...0#post15950430

Radioman screwed with this post 12-23-2013 at 01:59 PM
Old 12-23-2013, 10:27 AM   #6393
Radioman OP
Moto rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by docwyte View Post
To be fair my office expenses are insane, I'd love to get everything I collect, but only receive a small percentage...

Indeed! Thanks for posting in...... We never collect "enough" whatever we do!

Old 12-23-2013, 10:31 AM   #6394
Radioman OP
Moto rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibba View Post
Well done Mark. Truly epic.
Glad I could play a small part in this historic adv.
Great to meet you and if you ever get back to Oz let us all know.
As discussed we are halfway thru our little family 7000km adv now (Perth to Cairns).
Hello Roger and Family. Merry Christmas to you all! Hope that your new Year and New Home works out to be a great adventure for you!

Old 12-23-2013, 10:47 AM   #6395
Radioman OP
Moto rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron from BC View Post
After the dust settles I'd be interested in hearing your candid preference on the 1150GSA and the 800GS.
Have had this Question a great deal. First, There is no perfect motorcycle.... for RTW riding or around town.

Will give you my Opinion about this.

Moving the 800GS around is slightly easier, but actually picking it up off the ground is harder.

The small tank on the 800GS (non adventure) was always an issue. Had to carry extra fuel tanks in many of the remote places. Just sort of inconvenient.

The power of the 800 was more than enough for the entire trip.

When packing for RTW travel.... leads to heavy bikes if you are planning on being self sufficient with camping gear, tools, wear parts etc. (the boy scout moto "be prepared" kept my bike a bit on the heavy side). But was glad I carried what I did.

Was the F800GS a good choice for me! Yup. Would I have done all the same riding on !200GS. Yup. But I have long legs and both bikes fit me well.

Would I do the ride on another brand..... KTM, Kawasaki, Honda etc. You bet. You ride the "bike you brought"!

I also loved my time riding the Royal Enfield in India and proved to me that it is much less about the bike you ride, but that you are out enjoying it! It becomes more about personal preferences and type of riding you like to do, and what you want the travels to be like. Just enjoy!

Hope that helps!

Old 12-23-2013, 12:40 PM   #6396
coolsen
Enjoying the Ride

Oddometer: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioman View Post
Have had this Question a great deal. First, There is no perfect motorcycle.... it is much less about the bike you ride, but that you are out enjoying it! It becomes more about personal preferences and type of riding you like to do, and what you want the travels to be like. Just enjoy!

Hope that helps!

Good Advice!!

It has been a pleasure following you along on your around the world adventures these past few years. It has been an amazing journey chronicled by an amazing rider and writer who has captivated our hearts and imagination. Again, thank you for sharing. May your Christmas be a Merry One and your New Year filled with continued wonder and adventure!

coolsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 02:01 PM   #6397
ferals5
865+652

Oddometer: 999
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolsen View Post
Good Advice!!

It has been a pleasure following you along on your around the world adventures these past few years. It has been an amazing journey chronicled by an amazing rider and writer who has captivated our hearts and imagination. Again, thank you for sharing. May your Christmas be a Merry One and your New Year filled with continued wonder and adventure!

Well said coolsen...

Mark

It was a pleasure to meet you on your trip (if only over a beer and meal in a small country pub). You are a true gentleman and I look forward to reading where your next adventure takes you... even if we have to wait patiently while you fill your bank balance

Merry xmas and wishing you a great 2014

Cheers

Mark
ferals5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 02:16 PM   #6398
senecahome
Adventurer

Oddometer: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolsen View Post

it has been a pleasure following you along on your around the world adventures these past few years. It has been an amazing journey chronicled by an amazing rider and writer who has captivated our hearts and imagination. Again, thank you for sharing. may your christmas be a merry one and your new year filled with continued wonder and adventure!

+1 ^^^ merry christmas
senecahome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 07:14 PM   #6399
Mcgee
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 245
Mark, This is the season of loneliness, we all have it from time to time and it is ok. Just have to accept what is and that it will soon pass. Remember, like you said, don’t sweat the small stuff, but of course it is ALL small stuff!! Looking forward to seeing you on Seattle.
Old 12-24-2013, 03:05 AM   #6400
DoctorAbo
friends call me Mitsulas

Oddometer: 262
Quote:

It is a bitter sweet time for me as I arrive "home". It is part of the journey for sure. I am really optimistic about the Chapter ahead, but also feel a bit of the Loneliness and sadness of season as I think about my life in the past with Chris and family around me. That Life is gone. Don't get me wrong, I have great family in the sense of my brothers, and good friends!

As I am sorting out photos and Videos from the past couple years..... I am amazed as I relive some of the great times I have had !! Will look forward to sharing these in the months ahead! And I also found this coffee mug...... on my New chapter, I will need to come up with new dreams and live it.
hey Mark,

I have also followed your adventure from day 1. Thanks for all travels, ideas and thoughts you have shared with us. It was an honnor for all of us.
The end of this chapter brings you closer to the beginning of the next one. The new dreams will defiitely show up soon.

Quote:
During this Holiday season..... Tell the people around you that you Love them, let the "small" stuff go. We never know how much these people mean until they are gone!
Very wise words
Old 12-24-2013, 04:52 AM   #6401
TinyTim
Noob

Oddometer: 56
Merry Christmas !

Hi Mark,
I have followed your journey from day 1. It is now time for me to say Thank You for all the wonderful stuff that you have shared with us. I know there will be more.
Thank you once again and Merry Christmas!
Old 12-24-2013, 05:11 AM   #6402
achesley
Old Motorcyclist

Oddometer: 3,409
Been a great ride Mark! Thanks again for taking us along with you and sharing your thoughts and adventures. You have really help pass the time away while I was healing from a " Miss the dang deer but, crashed anyway" back in May of this year while on my way from Louisiana to California. Then again when the boat and bikes are in the garage when the weather keeps me from enjoying them.
Will be waiting on the next segment.

A '00 KLR 650 39,000 miles, A '07 1250S 77,000 actual, A '03 5.3L Chevy Truck 76,000 + '43 style dude , Simper Fi ;-)
achesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 08:25 AM   #6403
Kenny M.
Tepid Adventurer

Oddometer: 313
Quote:

I know people get uncomfortable when others talk about loneliness and emotions, but it is part of life. I have tried to share all part of this journey, good and "bad". and will continue. As I know we all go through emotions and difficult times, and it is OK to talk about them.

Life is full of emotions, some are very difficult and I am full of thankfulness and gratitude for all the experiences in my life. It has made me better (certainly not perfect).

A life without emotions, both sad and joyous, would be indeed be a boring life. Love, loss, fear, loneliness, and joy all contribute to a life well lived.
Merry Christmas Mark.
74 Norton Commando
10 KLX250s
Kenny M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 09:30 AM   #6404
sandsman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 475
Merry Christmas Mark, and a Happy New Year. I hope the New Year brings open doors that will allow you to go in new directions.
I got a real good feeling something bad is about to happen,
sandsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 10:19 AM   #6405
Radioman OP
Moto rider

Thanks for the Christmas Greetings.

Found this mug, and will add it to my watchwords for the new chapter!!