Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2014, 05:25 PM   #6601
Radioman OP
Moto rider

Oddometer: 4,965
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTrider16 View Post
I would think a sabbatical is pretty easy to explain on a resume.
Like this!!

Ride of my Lifetime...... Thread started 5/11/2011 http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...0#post15950430
Radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 05:26 PM   #6602
Radioman OP
Moto rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stained View Post
I'm anxiously awaiting Mark's next RR: "Radioman rides to Work"!

Hope things are well, my friend!

Craig!! Working on this..... Will update once I get settled!

Ride of my Lifetime...... Thread started 5/11/2011 http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...0#post15950430
Old 03-24-2014, 05:46 PM   #6603
TowPro
Getting there

Oddometer: 2,797
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioman View Post
Craig!! Working on this..... Will update once I get settled!

Worse come to worse, go back on the road next summer, jumping from BMW dealer to BMW dealer doing presentations (assuming they are paying you).
Old 03-25-2014, 12:36 AM   #6604
rtwpaul
out riding...

Oddometer: 1,777
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingdutchman177 View Post
I am curious if you will put your motorcycle travel on your resume
I understand companies don't like to see a gap
And i wonder if your travels and exittus from the normal world will help you or hurt you trying to find a job
Cuz i will be there one day

Lalo
definitely put it on there...this was my personal experience

i was on the road for around two years off an on (heading out again in two months), i put it on my resume with a lot of trepidation, when i went for the interview the first thing the manager said who was interviewing me with my resume on his desk in front of him... "based on all your PREVIOUS experience you've got the job" ...now tell us what its like to have that much freedom riding a motorcycle around the world...

the basis of his argument later after he had heard some stories was; with all the interaction i had with multiple nationalities and cultures i could interact with any customer no matter what nationality, race or creed in a way that could not be taught in any college, and he felt i would be an invaluable employee of his company
rtwpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 01:50 AM   #6605
capeklr
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtwpaul View Post

the basis of his argument later after he had heard some stories was; with all the interaction i had with multiple nationalities and cultures i could interact with any customer no matter what nationality, race or creed in a way that could not be taught in any college, and he felt i would be an invaluable employee of his company
You can't get a more compelling reason than that.
Having met Mark and spent time with him I can only say that he would be a asset to any company.
Old 03-25-2014, 07:18 AM   #6606
Radioman OP
Moto rider

Quote:

i was on the road for around two years off an on (heading out again in two months), i put it on my resume with a lot of trepidation, when i went for the interview the first thing the manager said who was interviewing me with my resume on his desk in front of him... "based on all your PREVIOUS experience you've got the job" ...now tell us what its like to have that much freedom riding a motorcycle around the world...

Old 03-25-2014, 07:18 AM   #6607
Radioman OP
Moto rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by capeklr View Post
Having met Mark and spent time with him I can only say that he would be a asset to any company.
thanks Jorg! Hi to Lily and Tina

Old 03-25-2014, 10:30 AM   #6608
mtncrawler
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,076
Quote:

+1 - I quit a job in 03' for over a year to travel - not all moto - and put that on my resume. Almost had the exact same reaction and had no trouble getting back into a job. At 52 though, I wonder if that would be the case again..because I'd really like to do the same thing again after another solid 10 years of work!
"You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us." Robert Louis Stevenson
mtncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 12:02 PM   #6609
brownstoner
....rumbling fool...

Oddometer: 16
Congrats, Mark!

Mark -

Have so much to congratulate you for - for a great RR, fantastic experiences, mind-blowing pictures or just for having a wonderful attitude towards life that leads to these experiences!

While not new to riding, I am new to ADV (noob alert!) - I just spent a last couple of weeks reading the RR cover to cover.

Your wonderful RR is inspiring me to take some time off next year to ride my new Versys across the continent. Thank you and if you're ever in NYC area, then hit me up if you need a place to stay.
brownstoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 06:34 PM   #6610
Radioman OP
Moto rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by brkln_brownstoner View Post
Mark -

Have so much to congratulate you for - for a great RR, fantastic experiences, mind-blowing pictures or just for having a wonderful attitude towards life that leads to these experiences!

While not new to riding, I am new to ADV (noob alert!) - I just spent a last couple of weeks reading the RR cover to cover.

Your wonderful RR is inspiring me to take some time off next year to ride my new Versys across the continent. Thank you and if you're ever in NYC area, then hit me up if you need a place to stay.
Careful what you offer I have been know to show up NYC is on my list, as I have something that I need to take care of in the city...... No plans yet, but someday!

Old 03-25-2014, 06:35 PM   #6611
Radioman OP
Moto rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuff Tunica View Post
Just a quick note; If you are ordering Moto-Skiveez for the Radioman free hat promo, please make sure to add the hat to your cart prior to checkout. Then just enter "radioman" for the coupon code. The coupon with credit off the cost of the hat. Thanks much.
Thanks!! Take Him up on this!! You will not be disappointed!

http://motoskiveez.com

Old 03-25-2014, 07:59 PM   #6612
Patrick46
visionary

Oddometer: 2,715
Quote:
Originally Posted by capeklr View Post
x2!!!

www.artworks-unlimited.com
Patrick46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 09:25 PM   #6613
Radioman OP
Moto rider

May 9th 6-9PM... Just booked another presentation in Boise, Idaho. Here is the Announcement from Happy Trails!

Let your friends know if they Live in Idaho. Hopefully this will sell out quickly!!

http://www.happy-trail.com/Motorcyle...rk-Donham.aspx

Radioman screwed with this post 04-18-2014 at 04:59 PM
Old 03-26-2014, 07:42 AM   #6614
Radioman OP
Moto rider

And did a Podcast here.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...285423829&mt=2

Old 03-26-2014, 08:19 AM   #6615
iDave
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 899
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioman View Post

Just finished listening to your podcast Mark. Moving, inspirational, and quite enjoyable. Thanks a bunch for posting the link! See ya soon.
iDave is online now   Reply With Quote