Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Road warriors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-28-2010, 08:24 PM   #46
olie
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,089
if I were on the market to replace my 07 Tuono, this bike with ABS would be a top choice. I will not buy any other bike without ABS...
Akrapovic, Givi W'shield, Kappa saddlebags...
11 Corvette, unmolested...
olie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 09:17 PM   #47
Jetpilot5
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brennan77 View Post
I can't tell from Suzuki's American website whether that includes ABS.
It does, ABS is standard on the GSX1250FA. Under the features section of the Suzuki website.

"The GSX1250FA is equipped with a Digital Antilock Brake System (ABS)*"

In most other categories it appears that the Ninja 1000 is a higher spec bike in addition to being cheaper and 65 lbs lighter.
Jetpilot5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 10:57 PM   #48
andruboz
Serial overfiller

Oddometer: 5,161
from the pics, the slope of the seat looks similar to the Z750 i had. it didn't work for me very well even with a corbin. YMMV.

it wouldn't break my heart if my bandit was 65 lbs lighter. but i'm sure my bandit is saying the same thing about my fatass...
Old 01-07-2011, 11:35 AM   #49
jcarlson9
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 187
new bike

after selling my 08 990 super duke 6 months ago,i keep thinking what to get next.I miss the thumping v-twin,but this new 1000 looks awesome.I went to the local kawi dealer in burbank and asked if he got one yet and he showed me the new zx-10.I told him no the new ninja 1000,then he showed me the z-1000,i told him,no theres a new 1000 ninja comming out,he had never heard of it.anyways i cant wait for a used one to come on the market,cant afford a new one,guess i'll have to wait a while !
jcarlson9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 11:40 AM   #50
A Knight Who Says Ni
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 837
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarlson9 View Post
after selling my 08 990 super duke 6 months ago,i keep thinking what to get next.I miss the thumping v-twin,but this new 1000 looks awesome.I went to the local kawi dealer in burbank and asked if he got one yet and he showed me the new zx-10.I told him no the new ninja 1000,then he showed me the z-1000,i told him,no theres a new 1000 ninja comming out,he had never heard of it.anyways i cant wait for a used one to come on the market,cant afford a new one,guess i'll have to wait a while !

friggin dumbass dealers don't even know what bikes are being sold by their company. I mean depending on how many lines they sell, there are only like a handfull of new models each year. You seriously can't be bothered to figure that out? What a loser
A Knight Who Says Ni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 01:03 PM   #51
rhinoWERX OP
Crikey mate!

Oddometer: 826
Quote:
I would think Burts should have them in stock. Del Amo says they're getting them next week.
IBA #30079
rhinoWERX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 01:18 PM   #52
Wuwei
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,108
Quote:
friggin dumbass dealers don't even know what bikes are being sold by their company.
No, with the way sales have been going dealers want to move what they have, not what they have to order. I can't believe how many 1,2,3-year old brand new bikes I see for sale. But, the places I see them don't seem interested in blowing them out at low prices. I suspect a lot of dealers are sitting and hoping, just hoping, for a turnaround in sales before they go bankrupt.
Old 01-07-2011, 02:04 PM   #53
Florida Lime
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,925
Quote:
after selling my 08 990 super duke 6 months ago,i keep thinking what to get next.I miss the thumping v-twin,but this new 1000 looks awesome.I went to the local kawi dealer in burbank and asked if he got one yet and he showed me the new ZX-10.I told him no the new ninja 1000,then he showed me the z-1000,i told him,no theres a new 1000 ninja comming out,he had never heard of it.anyways i cant wait for a used one to come on the market,cant afford a new one,guess i'll have to wait a while !
Just curious - how could he have a new ZX10 if they won't be available until late January ? (post "factory engine fix")
'08 Ducati Hypermotard 1100S -- Going,
Florida Lime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 02:10 PM   #54
DogBoy
Not a Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,244
ZX-10Rs were in showrooms before Kawasaki had them all returned for "the fix".
Old 01-07-2011, 04:21 PM   #55
Florida Lime
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,925
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogBoy View Post
ZX-10Rs were in showrooms before Kawasaki had them all returned for "the fix".
I know that, but his post of today "sounded" like this was something he just did.
'08 Ducati Hypermotard 1100S -- Going,
Florida Lime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 05:03 PM   #56
Mike Butt
Agent Provocateur

Oddometer: 55,635
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhinoWERX View Post
I would think Burts should have them in stock. Del Amo says they're getting them next week.
I sat on one at Berts
Adventure Rider #799
Mike Butt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 07:20 PM   #57
lawbag
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 140
ABS never

Never had a bike with ABS. I really like this Kawasaki. I know a lot of people love abs but I've just never needed it in all my years of riding. I know it would come in handy but it would prevent me from buying any bike that didn't have ABs. JMO
lawbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 07:35 PM   #58
arshishb
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 807
I would buy it regardless of ABS. Why the fuss about ABS? Are you riding that hard beyond your limits that ABS kicks off whenever you brake? Seriously, ABS wont get you out of that SUV/minivan that pulls out in front of you suddenly while on the cell phone.

I ride a 1098 with ridiculous brakes, its all about being smooth with your inputs.

Each to his/her own I guess.
arshishb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 07:47 PM   #59
lawbag
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 140
should have said wouldn't keep me from buying any bike without abs. I ride an antique Ducati ST2. I don't need ABS.
lawbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 08:44 PM   #60
zuma
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 196
I've never had a bike with ABS, can't say I've ever had a situation where I've wished I had ABS on one of my bikes either. When I next buy a bike though it will have ABS if it is available. Hopefully I'll never need it, but just maybe it'll save my bacon one day. As the saying goes; ABS only works after you've already crashed.
zuma is offline   Reply With Quote