User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2014, 05:55 PM   #1996
nigelcorn
Wannabe.

Oddometer: 800
I can't seem to embed the video.

Here is a link. Sorry for the poor quality video, it's from my phone.
nigelcorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 05:58 PM   #1997
craftycoder OP
Motobrain PDU

Oddometer: 2,262
Quote:
Originally Posted by nigelcorn View Post
Right. But those three stacked dots aren't available because the search box covers them up. Even on my phone where the search dialogue box doesn't completely cover up the menu soft key, it doesn't react to a keypress.

One second, let me take a video to show what I mean.
Gotcha. You need to go to the "Main Menu" then click the "search" button (top right of the 4 big buttons). Then use the stacked squares. I used to use the software the same way as you. Android 4 made that impossible because the dedicated menu button disappeared from the phones.
craftycoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 06:07 PM   #1998
nigelcorn
Wannabe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftycoder View Post
Gotcha. You need to go to the "Main Menu" then click the "search" button (top right of the 4 big buttons). Then use the stacked squares. I used to use the software the same way as you. Android 4 made that impossible because the dedicated menu button disappeared from the phones.
Ahhhhh, there it is. Thanks for the help. I knew it would be something simple like that where I just had overlooked it.

thanks again.
Old 03-18-2014, 07:10 PM   #1999
New2Moto
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 394
what do you search for on android to download the app dual sport maps came up with nothing on my galaxy...but i am not tech savy at all

Thanks! great idea!
New2Moto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 07:23 PM   #2000
craftycoder OP
Motobrain PDU

Quote:
Originally Posted by New2Moto View Post
what do you search for on android to download the app dual sport maps came up with nothing on my galaxy...but i am not tech savy at all

Thanks! great idea!
I took it off the store. The website was broken by Google and I didn't think the value proposition was there without the website working well.
Old 03-25-2014, 07:11 AM   #2001
NHBill
Loosely Wrapped

Oddometer: 1,498
Hey Crafty!

Checking in, as the riding season is approaching. Any progress on getting the website back up?

Can't say that I really want to change as I really like the app and use it a lot, but now I can't even get in to the website anymore as it is requiring Chrome to access it. If I need to start learning something else, I need to start soon.

Speaking of progress reports, how's the PDU coming along?
"There's a very fine line dividing bravery from stupidity..."
2009 F650GS

NHBill screwed with this post 03-25-2014 at 07:16 AM
NHBill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 07:30 AM   #2002
seatec
Dutch Transplant

Oddometer: 809
well so much for that. I have a galaxy note 3 in an otterbox mounted on the handle bar and this app would be perfect. Too bad it's no longer available.
Old 03-25-2014, 07:43 AM   #2003
craftycoder OP
Motobrain PDU

DSM is on the back burner. I suggest you find a new system that works for you. I still use the app as my main tool and really love it but the website being broken is a serious pain in my process.

The PDU is coming along nicely. I installed one in my bike yesterday.

Old 03-25-2014, 07:45 AM   #2004
levain
STILL Jim Williams

Oddometer: 7,135
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHBill View Post
Hey Crafty!

Checking in, as the riding season is approaching. Any progress on getting the website back up?

Can't say that I really want to change as I really like the app and use it a lot, but now I can't even get in to the website anymore as it is requiring Chrome to access it. If I need to start learning something else, I need to start soon.

Speaking of progress reports, how's the PDU coming along?
Obviously, its not internet based, but if you download the free Garmin Basecamp program, then use OSM maps, you can then do all your planning on basecamp and upload the GPX to DSM so you can still use the app if you like. Of course, if you don't already own the app, you're SOL.
1971 Lambretta DL
levain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 08:19 AM   #2005
craftycoder OP
Motobrain PDU

Quote:
Originally Posted by levain View Post
Obviously, its not internet based, but if you download the free Garmin Basecamp program, then use OSM maps, you can then do all your planning on basecamp and upload the GPX to DSM so you can still use the app if you like. Of course, if you don't already own the app, you're SOL.
All true.
Old 03-25-2014, 10:18 AM   #2006
NHBill
Loosely Wrapped

Oddometer: 1,498
Quote:
DSM is on the back burner. I suggest you find a new system that works for you. I still use the app as my main tool and really love it but the website being broken is a serious pain in my process.

The PDU is coming along nicely. I installed one in my bike yesterday.

Crafty, thanks for the response.

You talked about the IOs app in your Blog, will there be (is there already?) an app for us Android users? Looks cool and for people like me, whose bikes have smaller alternators, the ability to load balance is going to be awesome! How far away from commercial release do you think you are?

Also, thanks for the Basecamp info. I've done that some (and may continue to do it), it's just that the website was so straightforward and easy to use . Anyway, if things change, I hope you'll reach out to us and let us know.

Wish I knew how to write code, so I could help.
"There's a very fine line dividing bravery from stupidity..."
2009 F650GS
NHBill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 10:30 AM   #2007
craftycoder OP
Motobrain PDU

I've installed two of these on my bikes and shipped another to an RV OEM in Queensland, Australia. The electronics are solid and firmware is good but probably needs a few more tweaks before its perfect. The device can be reprogrammed over the air so perfection is not necessary in order to ship it. I've pushed 100A through it which is the standard I set arbitrarily and it works well. I am in talks with manufacturers and am working out the final assembly and QA/QC process so the entire product can be built and packaged without my touching it. Developing a quality system is not simple and I have little experiences with it, but it needs to happen and it will. Ultimately, it is just a matter of cost. How cheap can I get the system tested so I am happy to ship it.

On the topic of Android, I will certainly write that software. I've not done it yet, but obviously I am an Android phone user and so it is a high priority to get that done. I never actually need to fart around with Motobrain except when I am in my garage so the fact that it requires an iPod currently (which I have at home) is not a major hassle for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHBill View Post
Crafty, thanks for the response.

You talked about the IOs app in your Blog, will there be (is there already?) an app for us Android users? Looks cool and for people like me, whose bikes have smaller alternators, the ability to load balance is going to be awesome! How far away from commercial release do you think you are?
Old 03-25-2014, 08:36 PM   #2008
Jäger
Osons

Oddometer: 790
Quote:
I took it off the store. The website was broken by Google and I didn't think the value proposition was there without the website working well.
Understandable.

However (neophyte Android user here), for those who have purchased the app, is it discoverable and downloadable to new devices when we upgrade what we currently have DSM installed on?

My wife isn't a dual sporter, but she raves about how useful it is on her tablet when she's doing field work for her practice (she's a landscape architect). And I intend to shove that tablet in the top of my Wolfman tankbag and see how useful it is as a substitute for maps when the snow finally leaves this spring.
Jäger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 08:38 PM   #2009
craftycoder OP
Motobrain PDU

I don't know the answer to that. I suspect not but I don't any pull with our friends at Google. If I did the website wouldn't be broken...
Old 03-25-2014, 10:07 PM   #2010
nigelcorn
Wannabe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jäger View Post
Understandable.

However (neophyte Android user here), for those who have purchased the app, is it discoverable and downloadable to new devices when we upgrade what we currently have DSM installed on?

My wife isn't a dual sporter, but she raves about how useful it is on her tablet when she's doing field work for her practice (she's a landscape architect). And I intend to shove that tablet in the top of my Wolfman tankbag and see how useful it is as a substitute for maps when the snow finally leaves this spring.
Yes, when you upgrade you can still download it. At least it worked for me. You obviously will have to sign in using the same Google account, but it was on there on my list of apps.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk