Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-31-2011, 05:09 AM   #226
craftycoder OP
Motobrain PDU

Oddometer: 2,173
Quote:
Originally Posted by trailNtent View Post
Great app! I've looked through the settings and couldn't find anything that will allow me to default the maps in the search menu to be "unticked". Whenever I search in my area i get a bunch of maps (awesome)! But I have to untick every single one of them and them tick them one by one to to figure out what's what. Is there an option that I've missed to set the search results to default in the unticked state?

thanks
If you click the menu button while the list is showing you can "hide all maps" in a single click. If you click and hold the search button down while on the "Map" screen it opens the lists of all maps you have saved to your device but does not turn them on (sort of what you are looking for I think). You can then select just the maps you want displayed.

I easiest way to examine maps in detail is to go through the maps on your home computer at the website.

craftycoder screwed with this post 08-31-2011 at 07:20 AM
craftycoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 03:30 AM   #227
craftycoder OP
Motobrain PDU

App Update

Version 0.1.8 has been released. It contains a couple of fixes.

I found an issue where searching for maps in an area where you had side-loaded a GPX file caused an unexpected condition which made searching not perform as expected.

I made an attempt to solve an issue reported to me twice where caching of tiles would cease in the middle of a download. I've never been able to reproduce the problem myself, but I put a WakeLock on the CPU so that it won't shut down while the caching is going on. If this was the source of the issue then I may have solved it. I would like to know if there are new battery draining issues associated with this update though.
Old 09-01-2011, 06:51 AM   #228
craftycoder OP
Motobrain PDU

App Update

Version 0.1.9

Ok, this is a bit of a rookie move here. I wouldn't normally put out two builds in one day. I released a minor bug patch very early this morning and then decided to add a few new features this morning after I went for a hike with my son.

I added the same new Canadian Topographic Basemap that I added to the website yesterday. NRCan CanVec Toporama maps are the latest and greatest topos the Canadian Government publishes. Thank you Canada!

I also added a Basemap auto ordering feature so that the most commonly used base maps appear at the top of the list. No more scrolling for the Basemaps you always use.
Old 09-01-2011, 12:18 PM   #229
Glock23.40
Adventurer

Oddometer: 19
Can't find on Android Market.

Hi,

First, I'm really excited to use this app. However, when I try to use your QR code, I get 'The requested item could not be found'. When I search for Dual Sport Maps in the Android Market, I get "there are no matches in Android Market for the search; dual sport maps" . This is probably user error on my part. Suggestions?
Glock23.40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 12:21 PM   #230
craftycoder OP
Motobrain PDU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock23.40 View Post
Hi,

First, I'm really excited to use this app. However, when I try to use your QR code, I get 'The requested item could not be found'. When I search for Dual Sport Maps in the Android Market, I get "there are no matches in Android Market for the search; dual sport maps" . This is probably user error on my part. Suggestions?
I'm thinking your phone is incompatible unfortunately. Android 2.2 is where I set minimum. I don't think it is necessary, but I wanted to limit the app to newer hardware because the app is pretty resource intensive. What phone and OS?

https://market.android.com/details?i...rtmaps.android
Old 09-01-2011, 01:08 PM   #231
Glock23.40
Adventurer

Oddometer: 19
HTC Hero running 'droid 2.1. Sorry, I probably skimmed over the minimum requirements. Thanks!
Glock23.40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 06:41 PM   #232
NordieBoy
Armature speller

Oddometer: 7,073
Quote:
Originally Posted by craftycoder View Post
I'm thinking your phone is incompatible unfortunately. Android 2.2 is where I set minimum. I don't think it is necessary, but I wanted to limit the app to newer hardware because the app is pretty resource intensive. What phone and OS?

https://market.android.com/details?i...rtmaps.android
I've got a Sony Xperia 1GHz and as it's running 2.1 I can't get your app...

On my ZTE V9 600MHz running 2.2, I have no problem.
NordieBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 01:42 PM   #233
craftycoder OP
Motobrain PDU

Quote:
Originally Posted by NordieBoy View Post
I've got a Sony Xperia 1GHz and as it's running 2.1 I can't get your app...

On my ZTE V9 600MHz running 2.2, I have no problem.
That is the expected behavior. 2.2 is the minimum version set in the Market.
Old 09-02-2011, 01:57 PM   #234
craftycoder OP
Motobrain PDU

Tiny electronics testing

I soldered up the new tiny microprocessors and tested the old firmware. All is well. Next week I expect to get a prototype case built. Then I will work on the final assembly procedures and mounted it up on my WR˛. I'm pretty excited.

Only the microcontroller and the joystick you see in the photo go in the final product. I have different but analogous parts for all the other little bits you see except the part in the upper left which is just what I use to program the microcontroller.

Old 09-02-2011, 05:25 PM   #235
Ritebike
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 445
Laugh

Quote:
I soldered up the new tiny microprocessors and tested the old firmware. All is well. Next week I expect to get a prototype case built. Then I will work on the final assembly procedures and mounted it up on my WR˛. I'm pretty excited.

Only the microcontroller and the joystick you see in the photo go in the final product. I have different but analogous parts for all the other little bits you see except the part in the upper left which is just what I use to program the microcontroller.

That will work just fine, and fit in with the rest of my stuff as is. I am looking forward to the end result.
Old 09-02-2011, 10:46 PM   #236
NordieBoy
Armature speller

Quote:
That is the expected behavior. 2.2 is the minimum version set in the Market.
I know. But it is annoying the one with twice the horsepower can't run it.
Old 09-02-2011, 11:48 PM   #237
craftycoder OP
Motobrain PDU

Quote:
I know. But it is annoying the one with twice the horsepower can't run it.
Is it not possible to upgrade the Android version? I'm not an expert on these matters, but it is counter intuitive that the phone with more horsepower uses the older OS. This is the opposite affect I was hoping for by setting the version number higher.
Old 09-03-2011, 03:04 AM   #238
NordieBoy
Armature speller

Quote:
Is it not possible to upgrade the Android version? I'm not an expert on these matters, but it is counter intuitive that the phone with more horsepower uses the older OS. This is the opposite affect I was hoping for by setting the version number higher.
No official upgrade yet...

I managed to get an unofficial one on the 7" ZTE tablet.
Old 09-03-2011, 04:34 AM   #239
craftycoder OP
Motobrain PDU

Quote:
No official upgrade yet...
You are no doubt more knowledgeable than I about the specifics of your phone but take a look at this anyway. http://www.sonyericsson.com/update/?...&pid=xperiax10

A photo I took in your neck of the woods. Gore Bay, New Zealand.
Old 09-03-2011, 11:10 PM   #240
NordieBoy
Armature speller

Quote:
You are no doubt more knowledgeable than I about the specifics of your phone but take a look at this anyway. http://www.sonyericsson.com/update/?...&pid=xperiax10
Cool, I've been trying to download that for a while but it's a US phone in NZ and they didn't like that.
Tried again and it's looking good so far...

Quote:
A photo I took in your neck of the woods. Gore Bay, New Zealand.
Never been there.
Need to do some more longer bike trips...