Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2011, 06:56 PM   #631
craftycoder OP
Motobrain PDU

Oddometer: 2,245
I PMed you a Washington map. Let me know if it works for you.
craftycoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 07:30 PM   #632
dukegnarley
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 224
Thanks, I'm downloading it now. When I made the obf file it only ended up being 28 megs for some reason, and chunks of the roads were missing in areas. How did you make this one?

the process I used was... download the osm file from geofabrik, open up the file in osmand map creator, and then it automatically started converting it, then said it was done. Is there another way? I tried it with the osm.pbf and the osm.bz2 files.
dukegnarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 07:45 PM   #633
dukegnarley
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 224
Also, your map seems to work just fine... THANKS!!!
dukegnarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 08:04 PM   #634
craftycoder OP
Motobrain PDU

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukegnarley View Post
Also, your map seems to work just fine... THANKS!!!
Groovy. I used the OsmAndMapCreator tool same as you I suspect. It's not the easiest thing to use though. It took me a few tries and I had to read through the source to get it working. In general the files online are pretty complete. I do not know why Washington is missing at the moment. I'm happy to make one offs when they are required though.
Old 11-18-2011, 07:14 PM   #635
craftycoder OP
Motobrain PDU

As I suspected you were trying to download the Washington map while it was being recreated on the main map server. It is now available again for all users.
Old 11-22-2011, 04:45 AM   #636
craftycoder OP
Motobrain PDU

Website Update

Hey y'all, I updated the web server this morning to the latest and greatest GWT software. This had the unfortunate side effect of disabling the App downloads so I had to think fast and make repairs. Everything should be working like normal for you. You should be able to upload tracks to the website and download them to your phone like you could yesterday. If you are having download issues though please let me know right away so I can fix it before too many other people are affected. As always, tell me the exact steps required to reproduce your problem (if there are any).

That said, I have a phone with the current released app version that is working fine. This is mainly a precautionary message.
Old 11-23-2011, 05:48 PM   #637
craftycoder OP
Motobrain PDU

New website feature

Big news today for dualsportmaps.com. I just updated the website to allow users to create blank maps. Even better, is that you can now copy tracks from other peoples tracks and waypoints to a clipboard and then save that clipboard to a new map or one of your current maps. Combining these features with the great track creating/editing features this website is really a fantastic trip planning tool!

So, plan a new trip and download it to your phone and go riding. These new maps are private by default, so make certain you put your website credentials into the App Settings so you can find your private maps.

These are new features so it is conceivable that there will some bugs. Feel free to post them up or email them to me. A procedure to reproduce your error condition is always appreciated.
Old 11-23-2011, 09:43 PM   #638
craftycoder OP
Motobrain PDU

Video Example

Old 11-25-2011, 03:20 AM   #639
Llamaha
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 772
Edit: Solved my own issue, thanks for the app I'm having fun

Llamaha screwed with this post 11-25-2011 at 03:45 AM
Llamaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 06:09 AM   #640
craftycoder OP
Motobrain PDU

Great. We are glad to have you on board.

Please upload tracks for Australia. We only have a few active members from down your way so content is scare at the moment. The more content we have, the more content we get. That calculus is strange, but quite real as well.
Old 11-25-2011, 07:10 AM   #641
-GREG-
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 122
Crafty

I purchased your app for my android. For some reason after I log in on your site under GPX Files, the only options I have are reset map, my maps, and search map text. Your video shows several more options on that page? Where can I create routes or draw tracks like in the video?

Thanks!
Old 11-25-2011, 07:17 AM   #642
craftycoder OP
Motobrain PDU

Quote:
Originally Posted by -GREG- View Post
Crafty

I purchased your app for my android. For some reason after I log in on your site under GPX Files, the only options I have are reset map, my maps, and search map text. Your video shows several more options on that page? Where can I create routes or draw tracks like in the video?

Thanks!
Are you using a very small screen? The menu items become invisible if your screen is small (the website is designed for PCs not phones). Go full screen with your browser and verify that they are not there. Then clear your cache, you may have a very old version (this seems HIGHLY unlikely to me though).
Old 11-25-2011, 07:22 AM   #643
-GREG-
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by craftycoder View Post
Are you using a very small screen? The menu items become invisible if your screen is small (the website is designed for PCs not phones). Go full screen with your browser and verify that they are not there. Then clear your cache, you may have a very old version (this seems HIGHLY unlikely to me though).
Now that's customer service! Yes small screen. Went full screen and all is good now.

I'm looking forward to using this app. Thanks for your efforts.
Old 11-25-2011, 07:29 AM   #644
craftycoder OP
Motobrain PDU

Quote:
Originally Posted by -GREG- View Post
Now that's customer service! Yes small screen. Went full screen and all is good now.

I'm looking forward to using this app. Thanks for your efforts.
Cool. I noticed that issue myself the other day. You can go pretty small before its an issue so I didn't put it on the list of major issues to solve on Thanksgiving. In practice, I assumed that the website would be so difficult to use in a window small enough to show this behavior that it wouldn't really matter. I'll try to come up with something though. It's a screen real estate problem rather than a technical one. These are generally harder for me to solve. Damn physical world limitations!!!
Old 11-25-2011, 05:05 PM   #645
Backmarker
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,267
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhChet View Post
I'm pretty sure that the screen is just not updating. If I go for a ride and stop for gas, I'll click over to see how many miles I went on that much fuel. That's when it will show zero miles (not a big deal because I made it to the gas station, lol), so I ride back to the truck and before I load my bike I'll look again and it might show only the return trip distance. Then I'll exit and re-open it a few times then it will show the total round trip distance. It could absolutely be an issue with my phone. I just thought I would check to see if you had any suggestions.

Great idea. What does it cost?
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk