Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-28-2011, 02:44 PM   #676
Strega
Black is a color

Oddometer: 484
Very impressive ;)

Bikes: ['09 KTM 690 RR]['98 KTM 620 Adv]['07 WR 450F]['99 YAM R6]
Support: [Where Am I Riding][Dual Sport Moto][C.O.R.E.][Nomadic Racks][Dual Sport Maps]
Strega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 02:40 AM   #677
Llamaha
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 814
As far as I can see it's all working, thanks so much for that you are clearly a very talented individual.
Llamaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 04:50 AM   #678
craftycoder OP
Motobrain PDU

Oddometer: 2,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAJourneyman View Post
As far as I can see it's all working, thanks so much for that you are clearly a very talented individual.
Glad to hear it!
craftycoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 12:18 PM   #679
DeFens
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 496
So far I've really enjoyed the updates - excellent job!

Lately I've notice that my HTC Epic 4G has been plotting me several miles from my actual location. It isn't specifically a Dualsport Maps issue, since it does the same thing with the Google map app. I've recalibrated the unit using GPS Status (which really shouldn't make any difference, I wouldn't think). When I'm moving, on a road, the track created follows the shape of the road I'm traveling, but doesn't put me on the road itself, typically a few hundred yards offset.

Any thoughts?
DeFens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 12:23 PM   #680
craftycoder OP
Motobrain PDU

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeFens View Post
So far I've really enjoyed the updates - excellent job!

Lately I've notice that my HTC Epic 4G has been plotting me several miles from my actual location. It isn't specifically a Dualsport Maps issue, since it does the same thing with the Google map app. I've recalibrated the unit using GPS Status (which really shouldn't make any difference, I wouldn't think). When I'm moving, on a road, the track created follows the shape of the road I'm traveling, but doesn't put me on the road itself, typically a few hundred yards offset.

Any thoughts?
My phone has had some GPS issues from time to time. I've fixed them by powering off the phone completely then rebooting it. It's worth a shot.
Old 11-29-2011, 02:44 PM   #681
c.vestal
Rally On

Oddometer: 4,861
Just bought it. Hope to be using this while chasing the first Dakar leg.
c.vestal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 02:51 PM   #682
craftycoder OP
Motobrain PDU

Quote:
Originally Posted by c.vestal View Post
Just bought it. Hope to be using this while chasing the first Dakar leg.
You must send photos of Dual Sport Maps at Dakar!
Old 12-01-2011, 05:16 PM   #683
lstewart
Jus' Sayin'

Oddometer: 568
settings defaulting

Anytime I go to the map page, I have to turn off continuous rendering ( as you have suggested) but if I back out of the map page to the home page and close the program and re- start it, continuous rendering turns itself back on, and Rotate map defaults back to "don't rotate". I can change the settings on the opening home page, and as long as I hit the home icon, the settings will stay set in that settings section, but when I go to the map page and then to settings, they will always be back to those default settings. If I hit the home icon from the map page, then reopen the program, it will open back to the map page and the settings will stay as i set them. Does this make sense, and is so can I get the settings to stay as i set them all the time? I am using a Motorola Droid, and a HTC Incrdible II, and both have had numerous force closes with DSM. Reports have been sent each time. I don't want to uninstall and reinstall because I have downloaded lots of maptiles and don't want to lose any data. Any suggestions?
Old 12-01-2011, 05:29 PM   #684
craftycoder OP
Motobrain PDU

You won't lose tiles if you uninstall. I got your last crash report. It was sent today but the log only had an error from several weeks ago. It was a generic Android error as well, nothing I could fix.

The step by step rendering setting is actually a mistake on my end. I am resetting it every time you go to globe mode from perspective. I'm being an idiot with that. It will be fixed in the next release which will be out a few days.

The rotate map is likewise over written each time you change modes, but I like it like that. In perspective mode I want the map to rotate while in Globe mode I do not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lstewart View Post
Anytime I go to the map page, I have to turn off continuous rendering ( as you have suggested) but if I back out of the map page to the home page and close the program and re- start it, continuous rendering turns itself back on, and Rotate map defaults back to "don't rotate". I can change the settings on the opening home page, and as long as I hit the home icon, the settings will stay set in that settings section, but when I go to the map page and then to settings, they will always be back to those default settings. If I hit the home icon from the map page, then reopen the program, it will open back to the map page and the settings will stay as i set them. Does this make sense, and is so can I get the settings to stay as i set them all the time? I am using a Motorola Droid, and a HTC Incrdible II, and both have had numerous force closes with DSM. Reports have been sent each time. I don't want to uninstall and reinstall because I have downloaded lots of maptiles and don't want to lose any data. Any suggestions?
Old 12-01-2011, 08:08 PM   #685
craftycoder OP
Motobrain PDU

This is all becoming a whole lot like reality guys. Thank you for the very good idea Bob.

Old 12-02-2011, 12:13 PM   #686
BobM
DualSport

Oddometer: 321
Scanned paper maps on DSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftycoder View Post
This is all becoming a whole lot like reality guys. Thank you for the very good idea Bob. ...
What's really impressive is your response to suggestions. I'm glad you aren't doing this app as a business venture as you wouldn't be able to offer this levelf support! It's obviously a labor of love.

Thanks again.
Bob
BobM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 12:30 PM   #687
Drabnor
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 102
While we are on the topic of suggestions:

When you exit the app, next time you start it up it saves your active track to gpx on the sd card. Any way to make it a choice where it wouldn't autosave but would give the option to start recording the track right where it left off? That way the track isn't broken up

As this app is used on my phone, there are times where it is necessary to close the app in order to use other functions of the phone...

I also have had multiple settings default themselves and have to change them back a few times. not sure if it defaults when the app closes or if its happening while its running... minor annoyance

Love the app!!!

Drabnor screwed with this post 12-02-2011 at 12:36 PM
Drabnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 02:03 PM   #688
craftycoder OP
Motobrain PDU

We are going to fix the annoying settings that have been changing. Some of them are supposed to reset based on my own opinions on how the app should work, some are not. I had been resetting a few that I shouldn't have. I'll be fixing those soon enough.

The track shouldn't save unless the app is killed, but Android does that whenever it wants to regardless of our wishes. I'll set it up so that it will only save track points at least from yesterday so we don't end up with lots of GPX files.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drabnor View Post
While we are on the topic of suggestions:

When you exit the app, next time you start it up it saves your active track to gpx on the sd card. Any way to make it a choice where it wouldn't autosave but would give the option to start recording the track right where it left off? That way the track isn't broken up

As this app is used on my phone, there are times where it is necessary to close the app in order to use other functions of the phone...

I also have had multiple settings default themselves and have to change them back a few times. not sure if it defaults when the app closes or if its happening while its running... minor annoyance

Love the app!!!
Old 12-02-2011, 02:57 PM   #689
Drabnor
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 102
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftycoder View Post
We are going to fix the annoying settings that have been changing. Some of them are supposed to reset based on my own opinions on how the app should work, some are not. I had been resetting a few that I shouldn't have. I'll be fixing those soon enough.

The track shouldn't save unless the app is killed, but Android does that whenever it wants to regardless of our wishes. I'll set it up so that it will only save track points at least from yesterday so we don't end up with lots of GPX files.
Sounds good to me! Thanks again!
Old 12-02-2011, 09:16 PM   #690
craftycoder OP
Motobrain PDU

The website has been updated with Bob's requested feature. You can now upload georeferenced raster maps to overlay on top of the base maps but below the tracks.
This is an MVUM of the local National Forest. In the second image you can see that you can adjust the overlay transparency. The third photo shows the same overlay in the Android app. This is a new app feature not quite yet ready, but will be soon.

craftycoder screwed with this post 12-02-2011 at 09:22 PM