Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-17-2011, 10:53 AM   #736
craftycoder OP
Motobrain PDU

Oddometer: 2,243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcountry-Rider View Post
Can you specify the resolution of themap?

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
Settings => General => Max Zoom Level
craftycoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 04:07 PM   #737
craftycoder OP
Motobrain PDU

This is the latest incarnation of my cockpit. This is the OtterBox clone and a RAM mount. It's looking good.

Old 12-17-2011, 04:52 PM   #738
Mr. Fisherman
PROUD 2B Riff Raff!

Oddometer: 10,651
Looking good...
Mr. Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 08:39 PM   #739
craftycoder OP
Motobrain PDU

Android 4 optimized version coming soon

I got Android 4 (ice cream sandwich aka ICS) installed on my phone on Saturday. I spent the weekend optimizing the app for the new OS. I think it is pretty great right now. I want to do a little more testing before I release it though. Anyone else using this app on Honeycomb or ICS?
Old 12-20-2011, 09:03 AM   #740
craftycoder OP
Motobrain PDU

App Update Released: 0.2.07

The update has been uploaded to the Android Market. This version will offer a significant performance upgrade to Honeycomb and Ice Cream Sandwich users. It also contains minor performance updates for other versions.
Old 12-21-2011, 07:29 AM   #741
n9udl
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 398
Looking through "Craftycoder's North Georgia Tracks" it looks like you have some fine riding out your way!

Could the website linking/embedding feature capture more info such as currently active map overlays, overlay transparency, etc?

When I want to link someone to what I am seeing, the closer they can get to seeing exactly what I see the better.

Awesome site, awesome work on the Android app! Thanks much!

"Better a smart-ass than a dumb-ass, if you have to choose." - Me

Check out the cool Tent Space thread: http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149585
n9udl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 07:32 AM   #742
Mr. Fisherman
PROUD 2B Riff Raff!

Hey Crafty, I loaded a track with some pics. I see the pics on the computer but not on my phone. What am I doing wrong?
Old 12-21-2011, 07:46 AM   #743
craftycoder OP
Motobrain PDU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fisherman View Post
Hey Crafty, I loaded a track with some pics. I see the pics on the computer but not on my phone. What am I doing wrong?
I am assuming you have updated the map on the app since you uploaded the pictures. (if not, update the map by pressing the search button while a track is visible on the screen)

The app only shows photos if you are zoomed in level 9 I think. Secondly, it only shows them if you have internet connectivity AND you have the "allow internet" check box checked in the settings screen. The app DOES NOT download and store pictures locally. I did this because pictures can be big and you may not want them at all and I doubted you would need them on the road. To me anyway, they are a planning tool rather than something I need to reference on the road. So while you are home, you can view them but once you hit the road you will only see them if you network.
Old 12-21-2011, 07:50 AM   #744
craftycoder OP
Motobrain PDU

Quote:
Originally Posted by n9udl View Post
Looking through "Craftycoder's North Georgia Tracks" it looks like you have some fine riding out your way!

Could the website linking/embedding feature capture more info such as currently active map overlays, overlay transparency, etc?

When I want to link someone to what I am seeing, the closer they can get to seeing exactly what I see the better.

Awesome site, awesome work on the Android app! Thanks much!
Map overlays require the user to be logged in, as such I didn't bother to save those settings because they seem unlikely to be used. That may not be the best policy though. If the person looking at the embedded map is a registered user they might as well look at what you are looking at. Changes will have to wait until after the holiday season. There is just TO MUCH going on....

I appreciate the suggestion.
Old 12-21-2011, 09:29 AM   #745
Mr. Fisherman
PROUD 2B Riff Raff!

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftycoder View Post
I am assuming you have updated the map on the app since you uploaded the pictures. (if not, update the map by pressing the search button while a track is visible on the screen)

The app only shows photos if you are zoomed in level 9 I think. Secondly, it only shows them if you have internet connectivity AND you have the "allow internet" check box checked in the settings screen. The app DOES NOT download and store pictures locally. I did this because pictures can be big and you may not want them at all and I doubted you would need them on the road. To me anyway, they are a planning tool rather than something I need to reference on the road. So while you are home, you can view them but once you hit the road you will only see them if you network.
That works, and thanks for the reply.

I hope you and your family have a great holiday season! Thanks for everything...
Old 12-21-2011, 03:46 PM   #746
Slopez22
skooter rider

Oddometer: 220
HTC Inspire

Ok dont shoot me, but I must be a dunce, or the phone is having issues.... lets say I'm a dunce. I can zoom into an area that I know has maps loaded, (as I have checked through the webpage online) I hit DSM Map Search, its says search results, then pops up "new maps are avail", and then freezes. Then only way to do anything is to hit the back button, or the home, which takes me to my home screen. I have waited for up to an hour, with wifi on, and 3g service. Is it my phone, or me?
Old 12-21-2011, 03:49 PM   #747
craftycoder OP
Motobrain PDU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slopez22 View Post
Ok dont shoot me, but I must be a dunce, or the phone is having issues.... lets say I'm a dunce. I can zoom into an area that I know has maps loaded, (as I have checked through the webpage online) I hit DSM Map Search, its says search results, then pops up "new maps are avail", and then freezes. Then only way to do anything is to hit the back button, or the home, which takes me to my home screen. I have waited for up to an hour, with wifi on, and 3g service. Is it my phone, or me?
Open the app and click search. Are the maps you are looking for there? I've never seen this so its hard to guess. Also can you tell me where you are searching as exactly as possible.
Old 12-21-2011, 03:53 PM   #748
sandalscout
blah blah blah

Oddometer: 2,114
Hey Slopez, I'm going to guess that you are looking at the routes around Mid-TN, right? I uploaded most (all?) of those. I also have an Inspire. I'm guessing that the search button does not work for you (seems to be mapped different on the inspire, doesn't work for me), so you are hitting "Menu\More\DSM Map Search"?

When I do that, center over Erin at zoom 8, I immediately get a "Search Results" window with two tracks displayed. I know that doesn't help you much, but at least may help you see what should happen. What Base Map are you using? I am currently using Vector OSM Maps and have the world base map and the Tennessee map downloaded, and everything seems to be fine. I don't THINK that using a different map should have any impact, but I used to have weird loading back when I was set to Mapnik or Google. Probably unrelated, but may be something to try.
Old 12-21-2011, 04:01 PM   #749
Slopez22
skooter rider

that was fast...

OK I am looking for what you put on, as a reference, zoom into erin, hit menu/more/DSM Map Search, then it sits at search results, .... and freezes, which I know the lbl, and the stewart, houston county maps should show, but it just sits there, enough to where my screen blacks out... times out you know? Should I uninstall? I have been able to search before, but I cant pull up tracks anywhere.
Old 12-21-2011, 04:02 PM   #750
Slopez22
skooter rider

and

and it says new maps available, but I cant clic on anything to download them, the screen freezes to the point I hit the back arrow