Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2012, 07:27 AM   #826
GaM
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,877
Crafty, the surround on this map is RGB 241,241,241 which is the same as F1F1F1 hex, but it is not transparent as an overlay on Google Earth. Any ideas?

GaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 07:44 AM   #827
craftycoder OP
Motobrain PDU

Oddometer: 2,223
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaM View Post
Crafty, the surround on this map is RGB 241,241,241 which is the same as F1F1F1 hex, but it is not transparent as an overlay on Google Earth. Any ideas?

It won't be transparent in google earth. I make it transparent during the conversion process AFTER you upload it to the website. You are doing it correct though. That looks perfect EXCEPT that you ought to crop all that extra gray or the download much bigger than it needs to be.
craftycoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 07:55 AM   #828
DabsAlot
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 301
Update is doing what the intent was on my Ice Cream Sandwich Nexus. It's all starting to make sense to me now! lol

Thanks craftycoder, that is awesome!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
2005 Gas Gas 280 Pro
1975 Yamaha TY-175
DabsAlot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 08:56 AM   #829
craftycoder OP
Motobrain PDU

Glad to hear it.

Android development is certainly more difficult (than iOS) with all the hardware out there to support. I really appreciate you taking the time to inform me of this issue so I could get it fixed. I have a real job and this project is just what I do with the time I have when not bringing home bacon, cooking it, and changing diapers (after my son digests said bacon). I could not do this without the help you guys give me. Thanks to all of you (especially emerson.biguns and lonestrom who have really gone above and beyond)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DabsAlot View Post
Update is doing what the intent was on my Ice Cream Sandwich Nexus. It's all starting to make sense to me now! lol

Thanks craftycoder, that is awesome!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
Old 01-22-2012, 01:43 PM   #830
GaM
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,877
I'm getting an upload error on the.kmz file. File is only 9.5 MB and file name is "COOSA.kmz":

Here is the error message:
Parameter "directory" is not a directory.
GaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 01:45 PM   #831
craftycoder OP
Motobrain PDU

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaM View Post
I'm getting an upload error on the.kmz file. File is only 9.5 MB and file name is "COOSA.kmz":

Here is the error message:
Parameter "directory" is not a directory.
I'll take a look....

You had a minor KMZ error. It's been fixed.

craftycoder screwed with this post 01-26-2012 at 12:18 PM
Old 01-27-2012, 05:56 PM   #832
Thanantos
Ride hard.

Oddometer: 3,622
Is there a way to have the app lead you through a pre-selected route with turn by turn directions?

2013 V-Strom
Thanantos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 06:11 PM   #833
craftycoder OP
Motobrain PDU

No, but that is on the list. It should be doable. I've got it stubbed out in the code already and have been planning on it for many moons. I've been waiting for some time to work on that. Right now I'm working on raising some funds for the remote control. In order to get the price of the remote down to an affordable figure I need to make and sell a lot more of them than is possible if I only hit up app users. I want y'all to have them though so I am working on opening up some other markets for the remote control (android hobbyists mainly) so I can get to a price that is more in line with my vision for creating an inexpensive dual sport navigation system.

I'm going to try a Kickstarter project (I think anyway) and try to get people interested in the remote control in general but also Android hardware gadgets in general. I whipped up another gadget to go along with the remote which is cheaper in hopes of getting Android hobbyist types to kick in enough cash so that I can make this remote control a reality at an affordable price. I an can make them all day at $200 but that seems too pricey to me. I want to try to get the price in the $100 range and I hope that enough interest outside the motorcycle community can get the volume high enough so that I can get us dressed up with a neato gadget for our bikes. I need at least $10000 in order to build the kind of volume necessary get the price to $100. I'm hoping this little guy down below will make that dream a reality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanantos View Post
Is there a way to have the app lead you through a pre-selected route with turn by turn directions?
Old 01-27-2012, 06:15 PM   #834
Thanantos
Ride hard.

Well, thanks again for the quick feedback Crafty. That feature is the one thing that my Garmin does that this app does not so I am glad it's on your radar.

I agree on the $100 price point for the remote, AND agree that there is a market out there for these things. Even if it's only to Arduino dorks :)

2013 V-Strom
Old 01-27-2012, 06:16 PM   #835
craftycoder OP
Motobrain PDU

Quote:
Well, thanks again for the quick feedback Crafty. That feature is the one thing that my Garmin does that this app does not so I am glad it's on your radar.

I agree on the $100 price point for the remote, AND agree that there is a market out there for these things. Even if it's only to Arduino dorks :)
Hey, watch it. I'm an Arduino dork!
Old 01-27-2012, 06:37 PM   #836
craftycoder OP
Motobrain PDU

Quote:
A Garmin will give you turn by turn directions on a track? DSM will give you turn by turn directions between two spots now. What I want to do is allow you to download a track from the website and have it alert you to upcoming turns based only on the data int he track. I didn't know Garmins did that. My Zumo certainly doesn't.
Old 01-27-2012, 07:18 PM   #837
beechum1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,677
Quote:
Originally Posted by craftycoder View Post
A Garmin will give you turn by turn directions on a track? DSM will give you turn by turn directions between two spots now. What I want to do is allow you to download a track from the website and have it alert you to upcoming turns based only on the data int he track. I didn't know Garmins did that. My Zumo certainly doesn't.
is it a... turn right in 1.5 miles, or 200 ft kindof thing? That's awesome. The one thing i've been missing..
Mention to HogWild which way the wind is blowing where you're at, wait 20 minutes, and he'll post a picture of the intersection your at and a Google Earth route of how to get there.
beechum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 07:21 PM   #838
craftycoder OP
Motobrain PDU

Quote:
Originally Posted by beechum1 View Post
is it a... turn right in 1.5 miles, or 200 ft kindof thing? That's awesome. The one thing i've been missing..
That is the idea, but I don't have a time frame for this feature yet.
Old 01-27-2012, 08:06 PM   #839
NordieBoy
Armature speller

Oddometer: 7,118
Quote:
Originally Posted by craftycoder View Post
Route - yes.
Track - No.
NordieBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 09:50 PM   #840
Thanantos
Ride hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NordieBoy View Post
Route - yes.
Track - No.
What he said.

And I hope to be an Arduino geek someday :)

2013 V-Strom