Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-22-2012, 11:37 AM   #1051
malokam
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 456
Sell me just the product and I will use an Altoids for the aluminum box/case ..

2007 DR650 SuperMoto with almost all the goodies..(it never ends ya know!)
Take a look at my cool sticker-bombing project
malokam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 02:51 PM   #1052
jabreu
Adventurer

Oddometer: 47
your app

Wow i am impressed. I also would love to buy one of your remote controls. I live to ride and anything to help find good roads/trails is very welcome. thank you Jerry from fairfield ca.
jabreu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 12:29 PM   #1053
Rigalo
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
Bug or feature

Crafty,

Thanks for the app Dude. It is quite a piece of work you did here.

Some questions and suggestions:

When Im on the person view and click, 'where am I' and then touch a zoom button it stops following my ride and am forced to click the 'where am i' button or on screen icon again for it to follow the ride. Not sure if this is by design or a bug.
Second. It is very seldom and sporadic that my device picks up maps from Dsm. To plan i have to download the gpx and install manually. Only now and then does it list my online maps under search. Maybe im doing something wrong?

Possible suggestions.
1. When you click to 'where am I' for the app to follow you, keep the zoom setting you are on without zooming in to level 15.
2. Aoto zoom according to speed: you could possibly have user setting to customize which zoom level at which speed combo. Nice to have.
3. Riding in whild where you have not downloaded tiles for or exploring: it would be nice to have an add on to your tiles as pixels on a block in mono color per zoom level and then allow you to download block level of tiles per zoom level. Hard to explain, but at least you know you have a full block of tiles of a square region you are about to explore.

Im using a galxy note by the way an did about 2000miles on your app. Very nice and thanks a lot again..

Constantz
Rigalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 07:25 PM   #1054
craftycoder OP
Motobrain PDU

Oddometer: 2,210
Wwhen you have auto zoom on and you adjust zoom manually it unsticks you position from the map. That is a feature. The was a bug where I was turning auto zoom on automatically wwhich has been fixed. Make sure the app is updated.

Ive never had a problem downloading map data. What version are using?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigalo View Post
Crafty,

Thanks for the app Dude. It is quite a piece of work you did here.

Some questions and suggestions:

When Im on the person view and click, 'where am I' and then touch a zoom button it stops following my ride and am forced to click the 'where am i' button or on screen icon again for it to follow the ride. Not sure if this is by design or a bug.
Second. It is very seldom and sporadic that my device picks up maps from Dsm. To plan i have to download the gpx and install manually. Only now and then does it list my online maps under search. Maybe im doing something wrong?

Possible suggestions.
1. When you click to 'where am I' for the app to follow you, keep the zoom setting you are on without zooming in to level 15.
2. Aoto zoom according to speed: you could possibly have user setting to customize which zoom level at which speed combo. Nice to have.
3. Riding in whild where you have not downloaded tiles for or exploring: it would be nice to have an add on to your tiles as pixels on a block in mono color per zoom level and then allow you to download block level of tiles per zoom level. Hard to explain, but at least you know you have a full block of tiles of a square region you are about to explore.

Im using a galxy note by the way an did about 2000miles on your app. Very nice and thanks a lot again..

Constantz
craftycoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 11:25 PM   #1055
Rigalo
Adventurer

Crafty.

Thanks. Ill turn the auto zoom off. As for version, from 12 up to current 17.

Constantz
Old 03-23-2012, 11:43 PM   #1056
Rigalo
Adventurer

Crafty,

Thanks. Keeping track of routing with auto zoom disabled is working fine. Now i know how to get round that.

As for getting maps from dsm:
If i click on search and are on the dsm tab. If i delete a map or all maps, i assume it only deletes it from my phone. How do re- query the dsm server to get them again?

(Un fortunately im on the road for a few weeks without pc access to test fully.)

Thanks for the help.
Old 03-24-2012, 06:05 AM   #1057
craftycoder OP
Motobrain PDU

We are both on the road.

From the map, click menu->DSM Map Search button once you are doomed in at to level 9. That initates the search.

Quote:
Crafty,

Thanks. Keeping track of routing with auto zoom disabled is working fine. Now i know how to get round that.

As for getting maps from dsm:
If i click on search and are on the dsm tab. If i delete a map or all maps, i assume it only deletes it from my phone. How do re- query the dsm server to get them again?

(Un fortunately im on the road for a few weeks without pc access to test fully.)

Thanks for the help.
Old 03-24-2012, 08:58 AM   #1058
Mr. Fisherman
Ray soon to be AWAY!

Oddometer: 10,499
Crafty, it would be great to be able to have multiple bike profiles so you didn't have to reset the mileage and distance when you switched bikes. If it kept running totals for the fuel gauge it would be a bonus.
Mr. Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 02:56 PM   #1059
craftycoder OP
Motobrain PDU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fisherman View Post
Crafty, it would be great to be able to have multiple bike profiles so you didn't have to reset the mileage and distance when you switched bikes. If it kept running totals for the fuel gauge it would be a bonus.
I'm a little hesitant to do this because I feel like the software already has a pretty substantial amount of complexity and without any instructions I think it is unwise to increase it without a compelling reason. Whenever I start a trip, my first stop is a gas station so zeroing out my Odo makes a lot of sense. Is there some utility I am not taking into account that makes this a worthwhile complication to include?

I'd be real excited if someone wanted to take on the job of writing some instructions or shooting some instructional videos.
Old 03-25-2012, 04:02 PM   #1060
Mr. Fisherman
Ray soon to be AWAY!

Oddometer: 10,499
Quote:
Originally Posted by craftycoder View Post
I'm a little hesitant to do this because I feel like the software already has a pretty substantial amount of complexity and without any instructions I think it is unwise to increase it without a compelling reason. Whenever I start a trip, my first stop is a gas station so zeroing out my Odo makes a lot of sense. Is there some utility I am not taking into account that makes this a worthwhile complication to include?

I'd be real excited if someone wanted to take on the job of writing some instructions or shooting some instructional videos.
Yea, I am still feeling my way through it. I hope I am able to get a remote because the first trial with a gloved hand and my Commando didn't go so well... But I have hopes.

My different bikes have different ranges. It would be sweet to have an idea how much range I had by having the different profiles. My commuter bike to my big bike to my trail bike. Running totals would be good for tracking maintenance intervals too...
Mr. Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 12:35 PM   #1061
Rigalo
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftycoder View Post
We are both on the road.

From the map, click menu->DSM Map Search button once you are doomed in at to level 9. That initates the search.
Ok. That has just put a smile on my face. Helps if you know your way around. Thanks.

Im still thinking it would be nice if you can block download tiles instead of limiting it to a route. Even if you limit it by a single zoom level. Maybe passing 2 co-ordinates an then get all the tiles between the two diagonally.

I also think it would make the app more open to 4*4 riders as well. Or maybe not.

Any thoughts on this Crafty?
Old 03-27-2012, 12:39 PM   #1062
craftycoder OP
Motobrain PDU

Refer to this post. http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...&postcount=467

I believe you can do what you want, but it is not a good idea if you are careless.

Quote:
Any thoughts on this Crafty?
Old 03-27-2012, 12:53 PM   #1063
Drabnor
Adventurer

Oddometer: 99
On that note, how about actively caching a slightly larger area when data service is available? I've been on a few runs where I have deviated far enough from the original track that the app has had to cache on its own. I've also run out of service while in this "never mapped before area" and obviously get the "checkerboard". If the "area" that was auto cached while data service was available was slightly larger, it would help to not get the "checkerboard" as often or at all...
Old 03-27-2012, 12:56 PM   #1064
craftycoder OP
Motobrain PDU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drabnor View Post
On that note, how about actively caching a slightly larger area when data service is available? I've been on a few runs where I have deviated far enough from the original track that the app has had to cache on its own. I've also run out of service while in this "never mapped before area" and obviously get the "checkerboard". If the "area" that was auto cached while data service was available was slightly larger, it would help to not get the "checkerboard" as often or at all...
That is why I suggest everyone have vector maps for where they are riding. They cover whole states or countries per download. Mucho bueno.
Old 03-27-2012, 01:03 PM   #1065
LoneStrom
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 338
Gah!

Bit of a bump in the road using the Xperia Active in the US.

I have the ST17i model and it apparently does NOT work on T-mobile for 3G/4G data connections. It will work all day long on Edge though.

T-mobile requires you to have both HSDPA bands, 1700 and 2100. The Sony lacks the 1700.

On the up-side, it does look like the other model, ST17a, will work on ATT.

Stand by for the next chapter!
LoneStrom is offline   Reply With Quote