User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-31-2012, 12:41 PM   #1186
ShastaKLR
Adventurer

Oddometer: 64
this is awesome

Thank u so much. Got I all figured out. Well at least this part. Can't wait to get out there and try it out. Going to Yosemite area next week.

Once I do the record the track on my own there is no copyright issues correct? I plan on knocking out at least a dozen of these routes.next week.

Thanks again
Matt
ShastaKLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 12:48 PM   #1187
craftycoder OP
Motobrain PDU

Oddometer: 2,215
If you record them I think you should post them up for everyone assuming they are legal places to ride.

Two suggestions. First, get the vector maps. Second, put the phone in airplane mode. You will have better battery life that way. When you are in weak cell areas the battery life will not be good. The vector maps work while offline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShastaKLR View Post
Thank u so much. Got I all figured out. Well at least this part. Can't wait to get out there and try it out. Going to Yosemite area next week.

Once I do the record the track on my own there is no copyright issues correct? I plan on knocking out at least a dozen of these routes.next week.

Thanks again
Matt
craftycoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 05:59 PM   #1188
ShastaKLR
Adventurer

Oddometer: 64
vector maps

I downloaded all of california to vector maps and figured out how to use them in airplane mode. The layers (terrain/topo etc...) are not accessible offline correct?

Thanks for all your help///amazing product support.

If you are ever in Nor Cal look me up and we can ride this amazing area.

Matt
ShastaKLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 06:21 PM   #1189
craftycoder OP
Motobrain PDU

I'm from up that way. Sonoma/Mendo
Glad you got it all worked out. Keep the rubber side down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShastaKLR View Post
I downloaded all of california to vector maps and figured out how to use them in airplane mode. The layers (terrain/topo etc...) are not accessible offline correct?

Thanks for all your help///amazing product support.

If you are ever in Nor Cal look me up and we can ride this amazing area.

Matt
Old 06-01-2012, 07:20 AM   #1190
stefer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 119
Hi. I am thinking about doing this. However I have a tendency to wipe my phone (cyanogen mod user). $20 is quite steep for an app (I feel like it is a perfectly justified price). Is it possible to get subscribed somehow so I don't have to pay for the app multiple times?
Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ancient Proverb
Anxiety weighs down the heart, but a kind word cheers it up.
stefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 07:32 AM   #1191
craftycoder OP
Motobrain PDU

Its not tied to your phone. It's tied to your Google login. So when you sign into the Google Play always use the same credentials and you will never pay more than once.

I set the price so that it would be "expensive". I asked a lot of people what would be more than you would ever pay for an app and set the price there. I figured I'd get much nicer users that way. When you think about the cost of pizza and the value you get from that, and then you think about amount of I work I put into the this and the value you get from it I figure anyone who couldn't figure out that it should be expensive was more trouble than they were worth. I'm a good engineer but a bad businessman, so what do I know? As I do all the support and development I don't really mind having fewer, better customers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefer View Post
Hi. I am thinking about doing this. However I have a tendency to wipe my phone (cyanogen mod user). $20 is quite steep for an app (I feel like it is a perfectly justified price). Is it possible to get subscribed somehow so I don't have to pay for the app multiple times?
Old 06-01-2012, 07:36 AM   #1192
stefer
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftycoder View Post
Its not tied to your phone. It's tied to your Google login. So when you sign into the Google Play always use the same credentials and you will never pay more than once.

I set the price so that it would be "expensive". I asked a lot of people what would be more than you would ever pay for an app and set the price there. I figured I'd get much nicer users that way. When you think about the cost of pizza and the value you get from that, and then you think about amount of I work I put into the this and the value you get from it I figure anyone who couldn't figure out that it should be expensive was more trouble than they were worth. I'm a good engineer but a bad businessman, so what do I know? As I do all the support and development I don't really mind having fewer, better customers.
Sweet.I just might do that then.

20 dollars is one thing, but paying it multiple times is the issue I have.
Quote:
Old 06-01-2012, 07:39 AM   #1193
craftycoder OP
Motobrain PDU

Quote:
Sweet.I just might do that then.

20 dollars is one thing, but paying it multiple times is the issue I have.
Yeah, understood you. I just thought I would explain why its "quite steep" in price. I don't need an excuse, but I do have a reason.
Old 06-01-2012, 05:57 PM   #1194
stefer
Gnarly Adventurer

I'm sure you get this alot, but I have been asked to request an iphone app. (I was telling people about it over at a klr forum) I told the person requesting it was unlikely that the developer (craftycoder) would be have the resources to do it. (learning iphone development and supporting another program) But he wanted me to ask anyways.

Anyways, I'd like to thank you for doing this, I've found a bunch of neat rides I never knew about in my area.
Quote:
Old 06-01-2012, 07:35 PM   #1195
craftycoder OP
Motobrain PDU

Honestly, I have little interest in iPhone. I don't approve of Apple's attitude toward content developers and don't want to play their games (they are great to their customers but miserable to their suppliers and content providers). At the end of the day I do these things to solve personal needs and I am quite satisfied with the Android platform.

Quote:
I'm sure you get this alot, but I have been asked to request an iphone app. (I was telling people about it over at a klr forum) I told the person requesting it was unlikely that the developer (craftycoder) would be have the resources to do it. (learning iphone development and supporting another program) But he wanted me to ask anyways.

Anyways, I'd like to thank you for doing this, I've found a bunch of neat rides I never knew about in my area.
Old 06-02-2012, 06:32 AM   #1196
Cykel
I'm Adventurer?

Oddometer: 286
Excellent app idea and looks to be really well executed! I'll be hopping aboard before my next trip.

Quote:
Honestly, I have little interest in iPhone. I don't approve of Apple's attitude toward content developers and don't want to play their games (they are great to their customers but miserable to their suppliers and content providers).
Cykel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 06:42 AM   #1197
craftycoder OP
Motobrain PDU

Very glad to have you aboard. Texas is a hard place to find places to ride, being that y'all don't have much in the way of public space. Do us a favor and post up some good legal rides on the website.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cykel View Post
Excellent app idea and looks to be really well executed! I'll be hopping aboard before my next trip.

Old 06-02-2012, 06:46 AM   #1198
Cykel
I'm Adventurer?

Oddometer: 286
Quote:
Very glad to have you aboard. Texas is a hard place to find places to ride, being that y'all don't have much in the way of public space. Do us a favor and post up some good legal rides on the website.
Indeed it is. I noticed Texas is a bit empty. I'll spread the word over at Two-Wheeled Texans and hopefully we can get it filled in a bit.
Cykel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 07:00 AM   #1199
Thanantos
Ride hard.

Oddometer: 3,609
Hey Crafty,

I would like to request an update of the app to the latest version of Osmand. Specifically, I am going to need the voice turn-by-turn from GPX function for a trip later this month.

I realize you're busy, so I don't expect a time frame or to even see this anytime soon, but I figured I'd throw the official request out there.

2013 V-Strom
Thanantos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 03:49 AM   #1200
GaM
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,877
So does google's announcement of taking google maps off line mean anything to us? They say you won't need cell or wifi.
GaM is offline   Reply With Quote