Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2012, 10:57 AM   #1261
ShastaKLR
Adventurer

Oddometer: 64
Recent maps downloaded to website are not showing up on phone?

Maybe I forgot a step. I though once downloaded to the website maps could be pulled up on my phone by going to the location on the map and pushing the search button. I have 4 tracks in the Mammoth area that aren't showing up on phone.

Thanks for any help, Matt

Username on website: ShastaKLR
ShastaKLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 08:07 AM   #1262
craftycoder OP
Motobrain PDU

Oddometer: 2,177
If the map you uploaded is not public, then you need to enter your website credentials into the app to see your maps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShastaKLR View Post
Maybe I forgot a step. I though once downloaded to the website maps could be pulled up on my phone by going to the location on the map and pushing the search button. I have 4 tracks in the Mammoth area that aren't showing up on phone.

Thanks for any help, Matt

Username on website: ShastaKLR
craftycoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 01:20 PM   #1263
StuInFH
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 366
where to see file sizes before downloading?

Hello,

I am going to have to try a major ISP's free or low cost plans for 4G mobile broadband and use a wifi hotspot in the town where I work because there is no cost-effective solution at my house for internet access with my non-contract smartphone.

Where can I see the file sizes for various tracks/maps on the website to get an idea of their sizes and approximate download times?

Can you tell me which is the lowest cost plan/data caps (listed below) that will enable me to download tracks and maps in a reasonable time, using as an example; the Trans Sierra track of Henness Pass Rd: TW 71 miles. I would like to have the DSM Map, the Sat map, Terrain, OSM, USGS, etc for display on my smartphone while offline.

Monthly Data MB (unused MBs expire at the end of billing cycle);
free for up to 200 MB
$10 for up to 500 MB
$20 for up to 1,000 MB (1 GB)

thanks
StuInFH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 04:33 PM   #1264
craftycoder OP
Motobrain PDU

Tracks are small. Vector maps are medium. Tiles are large. If you want all you mentioned and cannot just go to McDonalds or Starbucks for free wifi (which is what I would do) then get the 500MB plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuInFH View Post
Hello,

I am going to have to try a major ISP's free or low cost plans for 4G mobile broadband and use a wifi hotspot in the town where I work because there is no cost-effective solution at my house for internet access with my non-contract smartphone.

Where can I see the file sizes for various tracks/maps on the website to get an idea of their sizes and approximate download times?

Can you tell me which is the lowest cost plan/data caps (listed below) that will enable me to download tracks and maps in a reasonable time, using as an example; the Trans Sierra track of Henness Pass Rd: TW 71 miles. I would like to have the DSM Map, the Sat map, Terrain, OSM, USGS, etc for display on my smartphone while offline.

Monthly Data MB (unused MBs expire at the end of billing cycle);
free for up to 200 MB
$10 for up to 500 MB
$20 for up to 1,000 MB (1 GB)

thanks
Old 07-07-2012, 07:25 AM   #1265
mikeegee
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 295
Issue with Galaxy Nexus w/ Jelly Bean

Crafty,

I just came into a Galaxy Nexus, that is running the stock rom but has the update to Jelly Bean. Attempting to use that as my gps with no cellular connection.

Thanks, and like most people, thanks for the effort you've put in to create this wonderful application.

Mike.
Old 07-07-2012, 07:27 AM   #1266
craftycoder OP
Motobrain PDU

Have you loaded any maps yet? Menu->DSM Map search

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeegee View Post
Crafty,

I just came into a Galaxy Nexus, that is running the stock rom but has the update to Jelly Bean.

When I try to turn on the dualsportmaps layer so I can see maps, all I get is a blank, black screen with Dual Sport Maps at the top.

I'm not saying I haven't typed in my username/pass correctly, but I think I did.

Have you seen this before?

Thanks, and like most people, thanks for the effort you've put in to create this wonderful application.

Mike.
Old 07-07-2012, 07:07 PM   #1267
gbmaz
Power Newb

Oddometer: 386
Question on recommended storage for my Droid Incredible:

I have a 2gb card with 1.7gb free and internal storage of 6.6gb with 6.3gb free. I do not plan to load up any music and do not use many apps.

Is that enough to start with? Or do I need 16gb or 32gb card?

The most ambitious trip I would realistically do is a CDR, but more
Iikely just local (northern NM and CO).

"You have never really lived until you have done something for someone who can never repay you."
gbmaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 07:13 PM   #1268
craftycoder OP
Motobrain PDU

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbmaz View Post
Question on recommended storage for my Droid Incredible:

I have a 2gb card with 1.7gb free and internal storage of 6.6gb with 6.3gb free. I do not plan to load up any music and do not use many apps.

Is that enough to start with? Or do I need 16gb or 32gb card?

The most ambitious trip I would realistically do is a CDR, but more
Iikely just local (northern NM and CO).
That is more than enough.
Old 07-07-2012, 07:40 PM   #1269
gbmaz
Power Newb

Oddometer: 386
Thanks for the quick reply.

Just a question - do you ever sleep?

"You have never really lived until you have done something for someone who can never repay you."
gbmaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 09:19 PM   #1270
craftycoder OP
Motobrain PDU

Too many diapers to change for that sort of thing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbmaz View Post
Thanks for the quick reply.

Just a question - do you ever sleep?
Old 07-11-2012, 11:23 AM   #1271
zeeede
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 866
On the dualsportmaps app, I go to the map page, zoom into my area and hit the "search" button. I get a list of previously returned search results, but the new tracks I made on the website don't show up. I also get a little blue window popping up that says something like "Are you online? If so, the server may be having issues" and get the following error: PWC2764. Createsession: Too many active sessions".

Username on dualsportmaps.com is zeeede. I've tried logging out on dualsportmaps.com and restarting both my phone and my computer.

Earlier today when I was putting together routes on the website, it kept not responding due to a slow-running script. I'm using Internet Explorer 9. I had to close the website and re-open it several times, so maybe there's previous sessions stored on the server still?
zeeede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 11:31 AM   #1272
craftycoder OP
Motobrain PDU

The server was looking ill. I just restarted it. It needs an upgrade...

Please try again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeeede View Post
On the dualsportmaps app, I go to the map page, zoom into my area and hit the "search" button. I get a list of previously returned search results, but the new tracks I made on the website don't show up. I also get a little blue window popping up that says something like "Are you online? If so, the server may be having issues" and get the following error: PWC2764. Createsession: Too many active sessions".

Username on dualsportmaps.com is zeeede. I've tried logging out on dualsportmaps.com and restarting both my phone and my computer.

Earlier today when I was putting together routes on the website, it kept not responding due to a slow-running script. I'm using Internet Explorer 9. I had to close the website and re-open it several times, so maybe there's previous sessions stored on the server still?
Old 07-11-2012, 11:57 AM   #1273
zeeede
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 866
Quote:
Originally Posted by craftycoder View Post
The server was looking ill. I just restarted it. It needs an upgrade...

Please try again.
Okie Dokes... working now. Thanks for the quick fix!

It's probably mentioned elsewhere in the thread, but when I cache map tiles for a selected route, how long do they hang around on my phone? Indefinitely? I'm doing a ride this weekend I did a few weeks ago, but I've cached tiles for other rides since then. Do the old ones get bumped off or anything?
zeeede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 11:59 AM   #1274
craftycoder OP
Motobrain PDU

They stay until you explicitly delete them from your phone. You cannot do it through the app so you'd have to do it via a file manager or a PC. They are almost certainly there. You can verify by going into airplane mode and check the map.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeeede View Post
Okie Dokes... working now. Thanks for the quick fix!

It's probably mentioned elsewhere in the thread, but when I cache map tiles for a selected route, how long do they hang around on my phone? Indefinitely? I'm doing a ride this weekend I did a few weeks ago, but I've cached tiles for other rides since then. Do the old ones get bumped off or anything?
Old 07-11-2012, 12:18 PM   #1275
Lonerrider
Adventurer

Oddometer: 27
Hello Crafty,

I have what I'm hoping is a pretty easy question.

I've uploaded a gpx file that I got from a friend that has waypoint within it if looked at via google earth. But in the dualsportmap world, all the waypoints are missing. I'd like to, if at all possible, figure out what I'm doing wrong and get these waypoints back.

Background of the gpx file: It started as a gdb file that I converted into gpx via GPSBabel. I then uploaded that gpx file into dualsportmaps and google earth.

Thank you for your help. If all else fails, I can enter the waypoints individually.

Thank you

Tyler
Lonerrider is offline   Reply With Quote