Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-24-2012, 04:54 PM   #1291
BobM
DualSport

Oddometer: 321
There is no layers menu option anymore. It disappeared when I upgraded to ICS 4.0.3. I also cannot select radar, traffic, etc maps or overlay maps.

Bob
BobM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 05:38 PM   #1292
craftycoder OP
Motobrain PDU

Oddometer: 2,259
it's the icon to the right of the phrase Dual Sport Maps and to the left of the magnifying glass in the top black menu bar (looks like a map). This is a requirement of Android 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobM View Post
There is no layers menu option anymore. It disappeared when I upgraded to ICS 4.0.3. I also cannot select radar, traffic, etc maps or overlay maps.

Bob
craftycoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 06:57 PM   #1293
BobM
DualSport

Oddometer: 321
Thank you. Didn't even notice that icon. My overlays work great.

Bob
BobM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 08:58 AM   #1294
Lonerrider
Adventurer

Oddometer: 27
Good Morning Crafty,

Yesterday and then again today, I've been unable to download any maps from the website that I have previously created. The following message keeps appearing on my phone:

* An error occurred, Are you online? If so, the server may be having issues. Server Error: PWC2764: createSession: Too many active sessions

Any assistance with this is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Tyler
Lonerrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 10:54 AM   #1295
zeeede
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 938
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonerrider View Post
Good Morning Crafty,

Yesterday and then again today, I've been unable to download any maps from the website that I have previously created. The following message keeps appearing on my phone:

* An error occurred, Are you online? If so, the server may be having issues. Server Error: PWC2764: createSession: Too many active sessions

Any assistance with this is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Tyler
I ran into the error yesterday, as well. Last time I got the error Crafty had to re-boot his server...
zeeede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 01:08 PM   #1296
Lonerrider
Adventurer

Oddometer: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeeede View Post
I ran into the error yesterday, as well. Last time I got the error Crafty had to re-boot his server...
Thank you for the heads up zeeede (hope I got all the e's in there :) )
Lonerrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 08:49 AM   #1297
zeeede
Studly Adventurer

Seems like it's working now.
Old 08-01-2012, 01:06 PM   #1298
StuInFH
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 407
Really liking this app, thanks!

Got a problem though and hope you or someone can help please. Have Samsung Rugby Smart with 32 GB SD card. Heavy download traffic lately and this a.m. noticed it said USB Storage is full. I moved some non-DSM files to the SD card and now have 16 MB available in USB Storage, but..still can't get the Vector base maps to display anything but CA. Other maps such as USGS Topo show whole N. Am., both on and offline, at all zoom levels.

Have re-loaded data from SD card for offline usage several times (although the message is going by unusually fast when I do so) and have re-downloaded the base maps for N. Am and for NV, etc. Still only see CA. And when I zoom out to 6, I see white screen only, unless other than base map is selected. If I show a track in NV, I can see the track on white background, but no base map.

Any thoughts? Likely related to my USB Storage problem, my guess, but why only the base map affected?

thanks, Stu
StuInFH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 05:22 PM   #1299
gone_climbing
n00b

Oddometer: 1
MVUM overlays

So I have had this app for about a month, and am absolutely loving it. I ride a lot of Forest Service trails in Colorado and since most all of the MVUM's for Colorado are done for overlays I have been just happier than, well you get the idea, happy. I am looking at taking the family riding up in Montana and would really like to have the MVUM's for up there. I have searched and read and read and searched and have not been able to figure out this art of taking an MVUM pdf and turning it into an overlay. If someone would be so kind as to either point me to the directions to accomplishing this or write me a good procedure to follow I would be so grateful that I would just start converting MVUM's to overlays and making them available as I get them done. Please help, and thanks again for the best app that was ever made for a smart phone.

Thanks,

Will
Fort Collins, Colorado
gone_climbing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 06:22 PM   #1300
Tijuana_Taxi
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by gone_climbing View Post
So I have had this app for about a month, and am absolutely loving it. I ride a lot of Forest Service trails in Colorado and since most all of the MVUM's for Colorado are done for overlays I have been just happier than, well you get the idea, happy. I am looking at taking the family riding up in Montana and would really like to have the MVUM's for up there. I have searched and read and read and searched and have not been able to figure out this art of taking an MVUM pdf and turning it into an overlay. If someone would be so kind as to either point me to the directions to accomplishing this or write me a good procedure to follow I would be so grateful that I would just start converting MVUM's to overlays and making them available as I get them done. Please help, and thanks again for the best app that was ever made for a smart phone.

Thanks,

Will
Fort Collins, Colorado
I have not done it yet but here is the video linked on www.dualsportmaps.com showing how to do it, not sure how it works with a pdf as it does with a jpg etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-AfyEDd6Ks
Tijuana_Taxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 07:22 AM   #1301
zeeede
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftycoder View Post
It takes a long time to cache tiles. Purposefully long so as to not offend the source servers. Android has been known to kill off processes that are long running and you are not interacting with it. This may be what is happening to you. To test that hypothesis, you can check the notifications every few minutes I suspect you will never have an issue and the download count will just count down until its finished. I'll make a note to raise the processes "importance" during caching and see if that makes a difference.
Hi Crafty,

Another question re: caching map tiles. I just got a replacement phone due to a warranty claim. I transfered the SD card from the old phone to the new one and installed the app on the new one.

Will the cached tiles stored on the old SD card be available on the app on the new phone?

Thanks!

Mike
Old 08-02-2012, 08:50 AM   #1302
StuInFH
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Hi Crafty,

Another question re: caching map tiles. I just got a replacement phone due to a warranty claim. I transfered the SD card from the old phone to the new one and installed the app on the new one.

Will the cached tiles stored on the old SD card be available on the app on the new phone?

Thanks!

Mike

And a related question, how can I change the default for where cached files are stored? Seems my SD Card is empty but my USB Storage filled up from downloading maps.
Old 08-03-2012, 06:00 AM   #1303
zeeede
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Hi Crafty,

Thanks!

Mike

Crafty must be on a ride...

I realized that my phone was storing stuff on the internal memory instead of the SD card when I stuck the SD card from one phone into the other and didn't see the cached files. I did a little google kungfu and found that (on my phone, the Droid Razr Maxx) the directory /mnt/sdcard is internal memory. The external memory is at /mnt/sdcard-ext. So I used a file manager app to copy the osmand folder from my old phone's /mnt/sdcard internal memory to the external sd card (/mnt/sdcard-ext). Then I stuck the SD card in my new phone. I opened dualsportmaps app and changed the storage directory to /mnt/sdcard-ext and tested in airplane mode... the previously cached files are there! Very nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuInFH View Post
And a related question, how can I change the default for where cached files are stored? Seems my SD Card is empty but my USB Storage filled up from downloading maps.
So to answer your question, you can change the directory my going to dualsportmaps app--> settings --> general --> storage directory. In my case, I changed I just added "-ext" (no quotes) to make it /mnt/sdcard-ext.

Now, your previously cached stuff will still be in your phone's internal memory, so, use a file manager app (I used the free app called "file manager" on the google play store) to navigate to /mnt/sdcard. Find the folder called "osmand" and cut it to the clipboard (in the file manager app I used, it was called "move"). Then, navigate to /mnt/sdcard-ext (in the app I used, you just hit "up" to go up one level to /mnt and then click on the folder called "sdcard-ext") and paste the osmand folder there.

Allow it to run in the background and plug your phone in... if you've cached a bunch of maps, this'll take a few hours, but eventually everything should be transferred to the SD card.

Alternative to transferring the previously cached stuff you could just have two caches... download new stuff to /mnt/sdcard-ext and when you want to use previously cached stuff, change the directory back to /mnt-sdcard. That would probably work, but ymmv. If anything I said was wrong, I'm sure crafty will be quick to correct me!

EDIT: Playing around a little more, you can just plug your phone into your computer via the USB cable and transfer 'em that way... no file manager app needed.

zeeede screwed with this post 08-03-2012 at 07:36 AM
Old 08-03-2012, 07:35 AM   #1304
zeeede
Studly Adventurer

So here's what I really need help on from Crafty, so I don't screw something up.

On my phone I have some tiles downloaded, let's say from Mapnik. So inside the /mnt/sdcard/osmand/tiles/Mapnik directory, are a bunch of folders with just numbers as titles... -1, 0, 1, 2, 3, etc. all the way up to 18. I assume maybe these are zoom levels?

Within each of those numbered folders are other numbered folders... so if I open the 0 folder, I see a folder called 0 and a folder called 1. Inside of one of the numbered sub-foldres, I sometimes see one or two or no numbered tiles (0.png.tile, 1.png.tile, or more or less or nothing).

I'm trying to figure out how all this comes together, because I have a whole bunch of tiles from my old phone under /mnt/sdcard-ext/osmand/tiles/Mapnik and some new tiles from a ride I downloaded before I figured out the directory difference at under mnt/sdcard... I want to combine the ones from mnt/sdcard to mnt/sdcard/ext so I only have to have one directory set.

Should I just open up each folder down to the tile level and paste each tile into its respective folder in the other directory? If there's no easier way, I'll just re-cache the files, I guess...
Old 08-03-2012, 10:08 AM   #1305
StuInFH
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Crafty must be on a ride...

EDIT: Playing around a little more, you can just plug your phone into your computer via the USB cable and transfer 'em that way... no file manager app needed.
Thanks! That was the DSM directory info I was looking for. Appreciate it.

I think demo-ing this app for my riding buddies is going to convert them.