Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-23-2012, 02:07 PM   #1351
NordieBoy
Armature speller

Oddometer: 7,093
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStrom View Post
I'm really interested to see how you like that mount on your bars. I've got a RAM setup for mine that I use to velcro the xperia to. But I like the looks of your mount.
Just used it on the MTB last night. Very solid.

The main annoyance for me is that I have a Garmin Oregon on the TT350 with a RAM mount and power and it's bloody good.

If I didn't have an Oregon, I'd have a SportyPal mount on each bike...
Old 08-24-2012, 04:43 AM   #1352
zeeede
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 896
Quote:
Originally Posted by neo1piv014 View Post
Just to make sure I understand, you have to select a route/track first, and then you can basically just cache the entire area around it? There's enough tracks around here to make that completely viable. I just wasn't sure if there was an option to just cache a chunk of the map and I was missing it. Thanks a ton, zeede!
That's correct.. to download a whole area (state, etc.) grab the vector map. If you want to cache other map tiles for your ride, download a track from DSM, or go to the dualsportmaps.com website and create your own (it's pretty straight forward, but watch one or two of the videos under the "support" tab of the DSM website to see how to do it).

Note that caching tiles this way ONLY downloads tiles that the track passes through, so if you want to depend on your phone to be able to detour a ways out of your way, make sure you have either the vector map, cellular data reception, or both!
zeeede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 04:44 AM   #1353
zeeede
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 896
Quote:
Originally Posted by craftycoder View Post
Zeedee, thanks for taking care of this. Neo, sorry I fell down on support duty here. I missed an email telling me about a response on the thread some time last week I guess and I didn't know all this chatter was going on after that.
No problem... just keeping on spreading the love for the app! I've missed notification emails like that too.. checked in a few days latter and missed 4 pages of action
zeeede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 08:18 AM   #1354
LoneStrom
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by NordieBoy View Post
Just used it on the MTB last night. Very solid.

The main annoyance for me is that I have a Garmin Oregon on the TT350 with a RAM mount and power and it's bloody good.

If I didn't have an Oregon, I'd have a SportyPal mount on each bike...
Awesome, I'm going to pick one up as well and try it out.
LoneStrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 08:50 AM   #1355
StuInFH
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 380
Deleting Track on Phone?

I am assuming there is no easy method to delete a track from a phone once downloaded. If there is, that's really all I need to know how to do. My problem is that I uploaded and downloaded a few of my tracks before checking them more closely and discovered that they have a few really long segments that were created by errant button pushes, so they have some very long lines that tiles got cached for on my phone.

How to cut these segments from file on website so that I can download the updated track w/o those segments? When I am in Modify Map Track screen I can see the offending segments listed and I can turn them on and off. Will the Delete Track button delete just the segment displayed/turned on or will it delete the entire track/file?

I tried to split up the track to get rid of the bad parts by making them a new file and then deleting it but it won't work for me. I can get the Split Track button to light up, but the cursor remains a hand symbol and it doesn't seem to function as shown in the video. Maybe a browser issue I think I read somewhere?

I think I can handle the editing in MapQuest but then I wouldn't be able to upload the edited file with the same file name which would leave the offending file on the site and on my device, correct?

Please help. There are so many large files originating from my house (must have been using the garmin for driving directions to NV etc and the Active Logs somehow all got stitched together before uploading) that when I use Search on phone, none show on map, I need to go into listing and select them manually to display them.

thanks. I learned my lesson to check tracks more closely before uploading, sorry!
StuInFH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 09:03 AM   #1356
Natnewt
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 485
What mount is that in the new vid?
2006 XR650L heavily farklefied Tendering in the garage.
2012 F800GS Triple Black Let the mods begin.
Natnewt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 09:54 AM   #1357
craftycoder OP
Motobrain PDU

Oddometer: 2,210
Go to the main screen. Click the Search button. Select the maps want to delete. The selected ones are the ones with the green check mark. (mine is acting a little flaky during selecting. I am having to select what I want and then move the list up and down to update it's status) From there, click the menu button and click Delete Selected Maps

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuInFH View Post
I am assuming there is no easy method to delete a track from a phone once downloaded. If there is, that's really all I need to know how to do. My problem is that I uploaded and downloaded a few of my tracks before checking them more closely and discovered that they have a few really long segments that were created by errant button pushes, so they have some very long lines that tiles got cached for on my phone.

How to cut these segments from file on website so that I can download the updated track w/o those segments? When I am in Modify Map Track screen I can see the offending segments listed and I can turn them on and off. Will the Delete Track button delete just the segment displayed/turned on or will it delete the entire track/file?

I tried to split up the track to get rid of the bad parts by making them a new file and then deleting it but it won't work for me. I can get the Split Track button to light up, but the cursor remains a hand symbol and it doesn't seem to function as shown in the video. Maybe a browser issue I think I read somewhere?

I think I can handle the editing in MapQuest but then I wouldn't be able to upload the edited file with the same file name which would leave the offending file on the site and on my device, correct?

Please help. There are so many large files originating from my house (must have been using the garmin for driving directions to NV etc and the Active Logs somehow all got stitched together before uploading) that when I use Search on phone, none show on map, I need to go into listing and select them manually to display them.

thanks. I learned my lesson to check tracks more closely before uploading, sorry!
craftycoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:25 AM   #1358
craftycoder OP
Motobrain PDU

Quote:
(mine is acting a little flaky during selecting. I am having to select what I want and then move the list up and down to update it's status)
It looks like the app is suffering from a Jelly Bean issue on the Search screen. http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=35885
Old 09-10-2012, 07:38 AM   #1359
craftycoder OP
Motobrain PDU

Request for assistance

Hey y'all. I need your help. I have a Kickstarter up for the board I am using to power the app remote control prototype. If you know anyone who might think this is interesting please forward it on to them. http://kck.st/OZMYOR <== The Kickstarter

The success or failure of this Kickstarter will not translate directly to the remote control becoming a reality or not because my main stumbling block is the enclosure and not the electronics but this will allow me to get some practice doing the electronics manufacturing which is a necessary part of the getting the remote control into your hands.

Thanks for checking it out and forwarding it to the right people.
Old 09-12-2012, 05:04 AM   #1360
sonic578
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 726
For some reason the physical search button at the bottom right corner of my DroidX does not seem to 'work'. I can get to search through MENU > MORE > DSM Map Search, so I know it isn't some other issue. Plus, the button does work for other applications.

Any thoughts?
Old 09-12-2012, 05:06 AM   #1361
Mr. Fisherman
Ray soon to be AWAY!

Oddometer: 10,499
Has anyone tried this app on the Nexus 7 or the new Fire HD?
Mr. Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 05:23 AM   #1362
craftycoder OP
Motobrain PDU

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic578 View Post
For some reason the physical search button at the bottom right corner of my DroidX does not seem to 'work'. I can get to search through MENU > MORE > DSM Map Search, so I know it isn't some other issue. Plus, the button does work for other applications.

Any thoughts?
I happen to have a DroidX so I can speak to it specifically and can say that mine works fine. I press the search button and the search dialog pops up and news maps are downloaded. There is NOT an instant response because it searches through all your downloaded maps before displaying the dialog. I have a TON of maps on my phone though and the delay is about a second and a half.

There are some phones that have no search button and new versions of Android have begun disabling it but the stock DroidX should work as you would expect. It does for me anyway.
Old 09-13-2012, 10:57 AM   #1363
Moto gypsy
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Question GPX file is too large?

My riding buddy created an 8-day route through Utah using Google Earth. He sent me a KMZ file which is 397 KB. I tried converting this to GPX, and e-mailing it to my Android phone.

I got a message telling me the "GPX file is too large".

I've subsequently tried:

--sideloading to the phone's SD card;
--uploading the file to the DSM website, and then saving back down to a ZIP file for shipment to the phone;
--using different online KMZ > GPX converters in hopes of getting a smaller file

Nothing works. Each time I get a GPX file which is 2MB or more, and each time I get the "GPX file is too large" error.

Suggestions?
Moto gypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 11:05 AM   #1364
craftycoder OP
Motobrain PDU

Yes, upload the GPX file to the website. Then download it to the app using the standard "search DSM maps" functionality. You can download any sized map to your phone that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto gypsy View Post
My riding buddy created an 8-day route through Utah using Google Earth. He sent me a KMZ file which is 397 KB. I tried converting this to GPX, and e-mailing it to my Android phone.

I got a message telling me the "GPX file is too large".

I've subsequently tried:

--sideloading to the phone's SD card;
--uploading the file to the DSM website, and then saving back down to a ZIP file for shipment to the phone;
--using different online KMZ > GPX converters in hopes of getting a smaller file

Nothing works. Each time I get a GPX file which is 2MB or more, and each time I get the "GPX file is too large" error.

Suggestions?
Old 09-13-2012, 11:21 AM   #1365
Moto gypsy
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Thumb Thanks!

Quote:
Yes, upload the GPX file to the website. Then download it to the app using the standard "search DSM maps" functionality. You can download any sized map to your phone that way.
Ah ha! I didn't realize there was a search function within the app to retrieve my maps on the server. Sorry; don't know how I missed that.
Moto gypsy is offline   Reply With Quote