User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2015, 08:07 AM   #1
TripleDubYa OP
Intrepid Explorer

Oddometer: 20
Riding Above Idaho City

With the family out of town I figured it was a good time to load up the trusty stead and head for the mountains. Weatherman forecasted triple digits in Boise so the mountains seemed like a good idea. Bagged out of work a little early (what else do you do on a Friday) to get everything ready.

It was hot in the mountains. As I roamed the trails above Idaho City looking for a good place to camp I kept smelling gas and the bike kept wanting to die. So I stopped and popped the gas cap and noticed the gasoline was bubbling. What the hell, could my gas be boiling? Because it was so hot and I was only traveling around 20 mph while climbing in elevation there wasn't enough air flow to keep things cool, at least that's my theory.

Quickly found a spot next to some water and set up camp. You have to love national forest where you can just set up wherever you like. Only saw one person the entire evening and it was a guy cruising by on a 4-wheeler.

Digging the new Mosko Moto Backcountry 40.

Broke camp and decided to see if there was a way to get to Lowman without going back into Idaho City and grabbing Hwy 21.

KLR took a little dirt nap when I chose a bad line on this heavily rutted road. The below picture is after I dragged the bike 180 degrees. Was heading up the mountain when I took the high side on the right of the rut and ended up falling over down into the rut. When I knew it was going over I lept off the bike to avoid getting crushed under it down in the rut. Managed to jump clear and save my bacon. Handlebar side was down in the rut and wheels were up high. Gas started leaking out of the tank all over my tank bag.

Here's the edited up video of the ride - sans crash. Didn't have the GoPro on.

TripleDubYa screwed with this post 06-28-2015 at 11:38 AM
TripleDubYa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 08:19 AM   #2
Gham
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,372
Nice video of some country I've never seen...but...where's the crash?

Society Historicus Revisioniscus
Gham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 08:29 AM   #3
TripleDubYa OP
Intrepid Explorer

Oddometer: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gham View Post
Nice video of some country I've never seen...but...where's the crash?
I "forgot" to turn it on during that stretch. Honestly, I wish it was captured it on video to see if my recollection matched reality.
TripleDubYa is offline   Reply With Quote