ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2014, 11:31 AM   #1
drdfblackm OP
VeeFeer

Oddometer: 838
Need some help in Montgomery AL area

I am looking to buy a quad and I know the adage that if it's too good to be true it probably is. Well I found this place on the web http://www.mikeswheels.com/contact-us.php and they have really good prices but I am totally skeptical. I was wondering if someone could check out this place for me to see if it is legit or not.

I am sure it is some sort of scam but I can't find much out by googling the company.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
Old 11-10-2014, 08:37 PM   #2
Noworries
Adventurer

Oddometer: 23
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdfblackm View Post
I am looking to buy a quad and I know the adage that if it's too good to be true it probably is. Well I found this place on the web http://www.mikeswheels.com/contact-us.php and they have really good prices but I am totally skeptical. I was wondering if someone could check out this place for me to see if it is legit or not.

I am sure it is some sort of scam but I can't find much out by googling the company.

Thank you!
I live about 50 miles from Montgomery and have never heard of this place. Could be real but address is in "bad" area of city. I'll check it out next time I'm in Montgomery.

Rode thé Vstrom through AZ back in June. Stopped off at thé Grand Canyon. Thé view, one Word, DAMN.

Noworries screwed with this post 11-11-2014 at 07:53 AM
Noworries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 11:18 PM   #3
SledDogMagoo
wanderlustin'

Oddometer: 16
I will check it out today , I work at USFoods which is "right next door" more or less , I haven't herd of it either ..
SledDogMagoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 12:09 PM   #4
drdfblackm OP
VeeFeer

Sounds good... Thank you so much. I am skeptical and feel it might be a scam but if it doesn't take you out of your way I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you so much.
Old 11-12-2014, 02:35 PM   #5
ob1quixote
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 476
Google Earth image shows rather large truck yards, not a cycle or quad in sight.

Other discussion about the same place

http://www.rzrforums.net/general-rzr...ing-14-xc.html

Think I'd shy away. Would not surprise me if this isnt the same outfit spamming my local Craigslist with scam priced ATVs and campers.
ob1quixote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 08:21 PM   #6
Merkur Man
Adventurer

Oddometer: 161
I work at a Polaris dealership. We are about 60 miles north of Montgomery. I will ask our salesman tomorrow if he has heard of this place.
Those advertised prices just don't seem right.
Merkur Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 08:35 PM   #7
wb57
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,297
Quote:
Originally Posted by drdfblackm View Post

Thank you!
Just tried to send a message through that link and got a "server error" message.
Certainly looks like a scam.

Turning money into spent fossil fuels.
(Smiley crap is implied in all posts.)
wb57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 12:22 PM   #8
Allucaneat
Adventurer

Oddometer: 62
I went to the website and my first impression was that they had copied the pictures from another ad for the used atvs (C list?). Then I looked more carefully at the pictures and several of the used atvs are photographed in the same location. You can also see a bunch of atvs in the background of some of the pics. I also noticed most of the used ones had high hours/miles.

I certainly wouldn't buy anything from them without going to their location to see it first.

I have a friend who lives near Montgomery - I'll see if he knows anything about them.
Allucaneat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 02:23 PM   #9
jerabee
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Pissed mikeswheels is a 100% Scam

Mikes Wheels or mikeswheels.com is a total fake Company. This is the same SCAM as ATVUSA.NET they just changed their name, the Website is identical. TOTAL SCAM, do NOT trust them. The IpPhone # could be anywhere in the world, the address is a fake too. BE CAREFUL!

jerabee screwed with this post 11-13-2014 at 03:10 PM
jerabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 02:52 PM   #10
drdfblackm OP
VeeFeer

Well I was fairly certain it was and I certainly was not going to buy unless someone could make a deal for me in person. It's a shame that we can't just buy things in confidence anymore. Everything has to be checked out and deciphered.
Old 11-13-2014, 05:05 PM   #11
SledDogMagoo
wanderlustin'

Oddometer: 16
Went by there this afternoon , it's only a quarter mile away from my werk ..

Westport Blvd does exist , however 3320 does not , the address at the corner of Westport and US80 is 4800 , the numbers go up , I rode to the dead end and ran out of numbers at 4919 , all warehouses , but no four wheelers , was gonna call the number , but didn't get a chance ..
SledDogMagoo is offline   Reply With Quote