ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2013, 05:24 AM   #676
RebRider OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 476
update on boss's grandson

Update - he was not riding with his dad - was on a 50cc dirt bike by himself with a bicycle helmet.. and hit a tree... he is back home with some contusions....and no brain issues. .... so thoughts and prayers worked.....

Grandpa is pissed......
2001 Triumph Tiger
RebRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 05:25 PM   #677
5punksdad
Tag-Master-Flash

Oddometer: 2,505
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebRider View Post
Update - he was not riding with his dad - was on a 50cc dirt bike by himself with a bicycle helmet.. and hit a tree... he is back home with some contusions....and no brain issues. .... so thoughts and prayers worked.....

Grandpa is pissed......
Good to hear....

Sent from my SPH-L300 using Tapatalk 2
Old 03-09-2013, 02:55 PM   #678
gots_a_sol
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 410
Grab

Tag, base of this sign

A further away shot to help figure it out. The sign on the road to the right says Charles Town 7 miles btw.

09 Husky WR165 - VCHSS #79L
gots_a_sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 03:54 PM   #679
RebRider OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Grab and Tag on 3-10-13 a great day for riding!!!

+++++ Gots_a_Sol, you get a new camera...?

Ned likes history... made some on his own but that another story...

Grab - Intersection of Flowing Springs Road [SSR 17] and Shepherdstown Pike [SR 230] (Latitude 39o 23.978'N; Longitude: -77o 48.580'W).
ned on the box... guess should have been a little closer

Ned on Monument -told him it was not polite to sit on it but he insisted.

In 1910 the Jefferson County Camp, United Confederate Veterans made plans to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the War Between the States. Ably led by Col. R. Preston Chew, the Camp set about to permanently mark locations throughout Jefferson County where skirmishes or battles took place during the Civil War. Funds were raised by the Camp to place 25 concrete obelisks. Each site would serve as a reminder to posterity of the sacrifices made by the men who fought there.“Kearneysville, Uvilla, Crossing of Uvilla and Charles Town Roads”
civil War Marker 6
October 18, 1862. “The losses on both sides were considerable. No estimate of the losses could be found. Our badly wounded (see Markers One & Eight) were taken to the Uvilla churches and neighboring farm houses, and cared for. Many wounded had been left at these churches after the Battle of Sharpsburg, and those unable to get away were paroled by the Federals.”

on the way to new tag had to wait for the train.. and it was a long one...

New Tag - More Civil War history....

Due west of this tablet, 650 feet, is the Boyd House in which died, July 17, 1863, Brig.-Gen. James Johnston Pettigrew, of North Carolina, C. S. A. At Gettysburg he commanded and led Heth’s Division in the assault on Cemetery Ridge, July 3; and in the retreat was mortally wounded at Falling Water, July 14, 1863.

“He was a brave and accomplished officer and gentleman, and his loss will be deeply felt by the country and the Army.” R. E. Lee.

Erected 1918 by The North Carolina Historical Commission and The North Carolina Division, United Daughters of the Confederacy.

Hopefully the kids on 4 wheeler and man walking dog dont get nosy and find the tag...
I may go back and hide Ned a little better will post new hiding place if I do...

Upated 3-11-13 Ned said i need to update the map and stats or i would have to walk the plank.... if you see anything wrong ... let me know... thanks.
2001 Triumph Tiger

RebRider screwed with this post 03-11-2013 at 07:28 PM
Old 03-12-2013, 07:43 PM   #680
gots_a_sol
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
+++++ Gots_a_Sol, you get a new camera...?
No new camera, but a new bike. I am still using my iphone but carry an older sony with me now just in case.

Sadly the vfr is already back up for sale as it isn't doing it for me. Great bike, but it doesn't fit my riding style. The drz is about perfect, just wish it wasn't so damn uncomfortable haha.

gots_a_sol screwed with this post 03-12-2013 at 07:50 PM
Old 03-12-2013, 08:12 PM   #681
bwalsh
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,652
Quote:
Originally Posted by gots_a_sol View Post
The drz is about perfect, just wish it wasn't so damn uncomfortable haha.
Two words...Seat Concepts.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...388596&page=97

Start at the top of the page and scroll down to the bottom. H14, Hppyfngy and I all have bought these seats within the last few months and all have been more than satisfied! Hppyfngy has his seat mounted on his DRZ too!

bwalsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:19 PM   #682
gots_a_sol
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwalsh View Post
Two words...Seat Concepts.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...388596&page=97

Start at the top of the page and scroll down to the bottom. H14, Hppyfngy and I all have bought these seats within the last few months and all have been more than satisfied! Hppyfngy has his seat mounted on his DRZ too!

Already have it. While noticeably better than stock, it has pushed my tolerance up to about 100 miles or so from the 50 I could stand before. And that is 100 miles for the day and I'm done and can no longer sit on the thing (already standing, sitting off to the side, sitting all the way at the back, etc by that point)

On the other hand, this vfr is super comfy and I can ride that damn thing all day. 200+ miles per tank and I can ride that straight through with only minor re-positioning of myself. Really my only complaint is the fact it is a sporty bike and I found out I don't much care for the riding position. Oh well. I can at check it off of the list of bikes I've wanted to own/ride now.

gots_a_sol screwed with this post 03-12-2013 at 08:47 PM
Old 03-28-2013, 03:43 PM   #683
RebRider OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
New Tag - More Civil War history....

Due west of this tablet, 650 feet, is the Boyd House in which died, July 17, 1863, Brig.-Gen. James Johnston Pettigrew, of North Carolina, C. S. A. At Gettysburg he commanded and led Heth’s Division in the assault on Cemetery Ridge, July 3; and in the retreat was mortally wounded at Falling Water, July 14, 1863.

“He was a brave and accomplished officer and gentleman, and his loss will be deeply felt by the country and the Army.” R. E. Lee.

Erected 1918 by The North Carolina Historical Commission and The North Carolina Division, United Daughters of the Confederacy.

Hopefully the kids on 4 wheeler and man walking dog dont get nosy and find the tag...
I may go back and hide Ned a little better will post new hiding place if I do...

Upated 3-11-13 Ned said i need to update the map and stats or i would have to walk the plank.... if you see anything wrong ... let me know... thanks.

2001 Triumph Tiger
Old 04-07-2013, 11:02 AM   #684
luvindacars8897
Adventurer

Oddometer: 28
Question

I got bruced... The guys on dirt bikes said a black bike was here just a few min ago, lol. Hopefully he posts the new tag soon!
luvindacars8897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 12:49 PM   #685
JAKURY
jakury

Oddometer: 31
grab

sorry for the brucing could not believe it was still there
JAKURY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 12:51 PM   #686
JAKURY
jakury

new tag

hidden at the base of this sign
Old 04-07-2013, 01:02 PM   #687
JAKURY
jakury

the history of the tag

MARKER NUMBER FOUR:

“Slaughter at the Cement Mill on the Potomac”
Southwest corner of the Intersection of Engle Molers Road and Trough Road. (Latitude: 39o 24.519'N; Longitude: -77o 47.442'W)
This is an account of the Battle of Shepherdstown. Following the Battle of Sharpsburg on September 17, 1862, General Lee began moving his army southward back to Virginia on the night of September 18th. The army crossed the Potomac River at Pack Horse Ford without incident. General Lee left a rear guard in place along the cliffs overlooking the river to protect the army as it continued its withdrawal. An advance of the Union army on September 19th and 20th threatened the Confederates, so Confederate General A. P Hill with his division was dispatched to stop the Union pursuit. Hill’s Division successfully repulsed the Union advance literally pushing the Union troops back across the Potomac River. One Union regiment, the 118th Pennsylvania Volunteers known as “The Corn Exchange Regiment,” suffered high numbers of casualties crossing the Potomac with 737 officers and men and re-crossing with 468. The Confederate loss was 34 killed and 231 wounded. “Soldiers of the Light Division, you have done well. I am well pleased with you. You have fought in every battle from Mechanicsville to Shepherdstown, and no man can say the Light Division was ever broken.”
Old 04-09-2013, 06:37 AM   #688
RebRider OP
Gnarly Adventurer

tags and brucing

figured on a nice weekend someone get bruced...

uhh.... nice grab Jakury... but missing grab picture and new tag with bike in picture....
2001 Triumph Tiger
Old 04-09-2013, 04:01 PM   #689
JAKURY
jakury

I can see it

I see both grab and tag pics with bike can you not see them maybe I did something wrong
Old 04-09-2013, 04:13 PM   #690
JAKURY
jakury

tag

If you can not see pics I don't know how to fix so tag is at corner of engle molers rd and trough rd in Jefferson county duck is at base of sign under a pine cone