Ordered!

http://rerax.net/index.html
jet123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 04:36 AM   #47
Sleepy John
Grumpy Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,723
PM sent re Australian orders.
Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.
Sleepy John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 06:12 PM   #48
Zapp22 OP
ZAPP - Tejas

Oddometer: 13,643
Wink ship'd

gang
I shipped out all the weekend orders plus a couple of monday ones.
given the bankruptcy of USPS... don't hesitate to shoot a note if you don't see through thursday ... that is those who threw in over the weekend.

and... i don't have elegant packing so ... pls be kind about my taping/labeling artistry .. I'll get it all sorted sooner or later.
Zapp22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 07:39 AM   #49
jet123
Using all my gears

Oddometer: 4,484
Received - looks great!

Ironic how a new farkle shows up on the same day I may have signed up for a new top-end on the DR (that's another story)

Thanks!

http://rerax.net/index.html
jet123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 09:18 AM   #50
Zapp22 OP
ZAPP - Tejas

thx for letting me know!
congrats on the new ride... i think
Old 08-13-2011, 11:07 PM   #51
JagLite
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 965
Thumb Recieved!

Mine arrived today (Saturday) and I had placed my order and paid on Monday.
Looks perfect and I am eager to install it.
But not today, I went riding instead

Next rainy day I will mount it up.
Probably tomorrow...

Fantastic deal!

Thanks mate!
James
JagLite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 12:40 PM   #52
Gunpilot
n00b

Oddometer: 3
ordered mine today!
Gunpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 02:28 PM   #53
Zapp22 OP
ZAPP - Tejas

thanks! i'm caught up except for the last 2. dropoff tonight
Old 08-15-2011, 09:27 PM   #54
Tech23
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 461
Zapp22 PM sent.

Tech23

2000 Harley Davidson FXDWG
2011 Victory Cross Country
Tech23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 09:43 PM   #55
JagLite
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 965
Thumb Mounted

What a nice addition to my bike.

I can actually see the turn signal indicator now without leaning forward to see over the cross bar pad.
Funny thing is I left the rubber mount attached to the lights and just cut and sanded it so the cut side looked like the other side. Reused the stock mounting screws too. So mine mounts about an inch higher. I will see if I like it like this or if I want to remove the rubber and set it down inside the bracket.

BTW, I don't think it is allowed to link to ebay....
James
JagLite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 06:31 AM   #56
Zapp22 OP
ZAPP - Tejas

Thumb

thanks Jag - I removed the link

just to update, we're done with the initial load.
I look fwd to any suggestions you gents [and ladies] have.
I will have some more in a week or so and the ebay listing will then be refreshed.
I'll be bumping the price up a little for the newer ones.

I held back 3, or 2 if I ship one out as a redo today..from the original load - these were some that had too many blemishes on them to suit me.. functionally they are fine, I just thought they did not make a very good 'first impression'.
if anyone wants one of these I'll let it go for $7 ...
they're not doing any good just sitting on my table. one of them has scuffy looking marks that appear to be rust, but from contact with some other material, not the stainless itself, and there are a few 'pimples' near the cut lines on these where it looks like some contaminant ran afoul of the laser beam, creating a teeny zit or two.

I had a chat with my laser shop about too many blems etc and he has promised that the next run will be a lot cleaner. we'll see.

I'm undecided about producing the "fullsize" one. basically it looks like a pair of these 'bookmatched', 4-bolt, with one side being the current, the other side is devoted to ACC socket cutout and some marked positions for drilling switch locations. I don't feel there is enough consensus among us to do well with pre-cutting/drilling all the openings - there's just too much variance. for one thing, not all the 12v socket barrels are the same size... the 'lowest common denominator' is, but that type of naked pigtail doesn't seem like the "aircraft quality" that I would prefer. Anyway, those questions and then a plethora of switchcraft questions have me stymied: push/pull? locking buttons? toggles? indicator lamps? .... all of that is what gave me the idea of just doing some simple measurements for symmetry and function, and marking the 'suggested' locations with a '+'. Anybody with a good drill and some metal bits could drill the switch & LED openings.
If you have some input on this, pls chime in.
Old 08-19-2011, 11:27 PM   #57
Seventy One
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 349
I just installed mine 20 minutes ago. In a word, WOW! What a difference! This is how the bike should have come strait from the factory. No more riding around with my blinkers on. Best thing I've added to the cycle yet.

If I had a suggestion it would be to maybe toss in a couple short screws so that people could just go strait to the garage and install it immediately without having to run to the hardware store.

I installed mine by cutting the stock screws down with a dremel (leaving 5-6 threads was plenty BTW) and then peeling the press-fit washers off.

Awesome product! Thanks again!
2013 Tiger 800XC
Seventy One is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 01:14 AM   #58
Sleepy John
Grumpy Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapp22 View Post
thanks Jag - I removed the link

just to update, we're done with the initial load.
I look fwd to any suggestions you gents [and ladies] have.
I will have some more in a week or so and the ebay listing will then be refreshed.
I'll be bumping the price up a little for the newer ones.

I held back 3, or 2 if I ship one out as a redo today..from the original load - these were some that had too many blemishes on them to suit me.. functionally they are fine, I just thought they did not make a very good 'first impression'.
if anyone wants one of these I'll let it go for $7 ...
they're not doing any good just sitting on my table. one of them has scuffy looking marks that appear to be rust, but from contact with some other material, not the stainless itself, and there are a few 'pimples' near the cut lines on these where it looks like some contaminant ran afoul of the laser beam, creating a teeny zit or two.

I had a chat with my laser shop about too many blems etc and he has promised that the next run will be a lot cleaner. we'll see.

I'm undecided about producing the "fullsize" one. basically it looks like a pair of these 'bookmatched', 4-bolt, with one side being the current, the other side is devoted to ACC socket cutout and some marked positions for drilling switch locations. I don't feel there is enough consensus among us to do well with pre-cutting/drilling all the openings - there's just too much variance. for one thing, not all the 12v socket barrels are the same size... the 'lowest common denominator' is, but that type of naked pigtail doesn't seem like the "aircraft quality" that I would prefer. Anyway, those questions and then a plethora of switchcraft questions have me stymied: push/pull? locking buttons? toggles? indicator lamps? .... all of that is what gave me the idea of just doing some simple measurements for symmetry and function, and marking the 'suggested' locations with a '+'. Anybody with a good drill and some metal bits could drill the switch & LED openings.
If you have some input on this, pls chime in.

I don't think that a full size bracket will fit with the larger tanks. Just looking at my safari tank today, I think that a bracket mounted on that side of the bars would come into contact with the fuel filler cap. Also could be issues with bar risers. How about a bracket the same outer shape as the current one with the elongated bolt holes but without the cutout?
Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.
Sleepy John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 05:54 AM   #59
Zapp22 OP
ZAPP - Tejas

John that would be easy enough to do. are you speaking of the Safari tank? or another?

Also I'm wondering if any of the early adopters are using this with fat bars... Pro Taper or similar? From the measurements someone gave me, there should not be any issues just because of the change to fatties.

71 - I tried, man. I shopped screws at all the usual places and NEVER found a good fit. If someone can help me with that, I shall do exactly as you suggest. Been wanting to include screws... Stainless or brass would be best if I can just identify the thing. No one seems to know what to call those stock screws: Drywall screws? Deck screws? Common cheap auto body screws? Metal screws "for jobs where you don't want to do it right" ? I heard all these when showing them to various retailers.... I managed to find two screws in my own misfit collection, but they are diff... . I'm just glad they work, and are hidden
Old 08-20-2011, 05:57 AM   #60
Zapp22 OP
ZAPP - Tejas

UK point man

I'd like to get a few of these over to UK & Eurozone.
if any of you chaps read this and are interested, shoot me a PM.