Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2004, 12:28 PM   #1
chain OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,757
Thumper Jack

what do you raise your bike up with?

I recently welded up an attachment for my floor jack that I believe is going to work pretty well.
I looked at several motojacks but they were all made in china or tawain I just couldnt get there. the table would be nice but space restrictions come into play. So anyone else have the ideal thumper jack?
chain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2004, 07:15 PM   #2
12bridn
I need throttle therapy

Oddometer: 4,092
I use the hundred dollar craftsmen one. Works good enough for me.
Attached Images

12bridn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2004, 08:23 PM   #3
cjflyfisher
cjflyfisher

Oddometer: 414
My dad bought the cheap one from harbor freight, 50 bucks, sturdy, stable works well.
cjflyfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2004, 07:46 AM   #4
patch29
Surly Rider

Oddometer: 7,364
I bought one last month from Sam's Club. It is aluminum, making it lightweight for its size.

There were several features besides the weight that made me choose it.

The plates where the motorcycle sits are adjustable, allowing for a more stable platform. It has four D-rings to allow tie downs to hold the bike stable, also keeping the front wheel/handlebars stable, no flopping around is nice.

The other features I liked were that it has a locking pin so when it is in the air it acts like a jackstand, no worrying that the jack will drop, the jack handle locks with a thumbscrew (and splits with a push button) allowing the handle to be removed quickly and the jack to be disassembled quickly for transport.

and the other side.

I struggled with the price, about $180, but the design and features won out. The locking pin was key. I also looked at the jacks/foot pedal stands, from Moose, etc and would have gone with them, but they did not have a real lock, in the up position, plus I would have been getting on the edge of the weight limit with them, not so with a 1500lb jack. I am glad I went with what I did and look forward to getting a lot of use out of it. I would recommend it and make the same purchase in the future. I also think I can use it as a transmission jack for the cage if I need to.

Larger photos can be found here. I tried to find a website for the jack, but could not come up with one. The brand is listed as Crew Line. I located an auto jack by no company website. If someone finds one I would be interested in seeing what else they have.

Sam's Club also has a standard looking steel motorcycle jack for $73 or a motorcycle adapter for a standard floor jack for $48 on their website. The aluminum one I bought was only in the store.
patch29 is offline   Reply With Quote