ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2011, 02:04 PM   #76
Emmbeedee
Procrastinators

Oddometer: 9,355
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarzan30 View Post
And GAS!!! you will need probably around 250kms worth or more just to be safe!
And beer!
Emmbeedee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 02:12 PM   #77
rudyunknown
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 719
MAN another Ontario trip
Vstrom 1000 For everything else

rudyunknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 02:17 PM   #78
R_Lefebvre
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyunknown View Post
MAN another Ontario trip
No, Quebec.

I wonder if there's a way we can make it start from Montreal... maybe a little stop on St. Catherine's street the night before for the Americans.

R_Lefebvre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 02:30 PM   #79
Deadly99
Fast and Far

Oddometer: 9,014
Quote:
And GAS!!! you will need probably around 250kms worth or more just to be safe!

Going over the route as we're planning the pre run trips and it's beginning to look like 350 km's "may" be needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Lefebvre View Post
I think the implausible distances covered by the 2011 Rally were OK because there were lots of easy ways to just skip out and take a shortcut/slab to the camping spot.

However, I think next year will be a must-do route. There will be no options to get to camp other than the route. I would also say that nobody should attempt this one without a reliable bike. etc.
Oh there's options but they don't end up near civilization for a lloonnnggg time . That doesnt mean the route is mandatory by any means, once again we'll just provide a suggested route and some places to camp. If you happen to end up there we'll cheers a beer

2012 will be more online with what the TCAT is all about.....remoteness, wilderness and fun terrain

In two weeks we're going to ride the first days portion of the route that Jimmy has laid out, then a week or so later a group of us are going to take some trucks and drive the second and third days of the route. Later in August I'll be solo for a few weeks pre running some other sections of the TCAT and TNE routes and will return to Ottawa via the three days of the TCAT that'll be used for the 2012 Roaming Rally. Blah blah, the route will have been driven and ridden prior to everyone showing up nex May . Doable....although I will never have ridden it is the spring

Hold my beer and watch this

TCAT (Trans Canada Adventure Trail)

Gravel Travel Canada - Canada's Source for Overland Travel
Deadly99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 02:47 PM   #80
loph917
Beard Bros Racing

Oddometer: 4,552
350km == 217 miles. best get your rotopax out if you have a 200mi range (yes, that's all of you f800gs owners!). those on GSAs no need to worry; your C130 supertanker sized gas tank will carry you far enough! in fact, maybe you can provide refueling services!
Old 06-09-2011, 03:05 PM   #81
dvd_scott
Back road daydreamer

Oddometer: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadly99 View Post
Going over the route as we're planning the pre run trips and it's beginning to look like 350 km's "may" be needed

Oh there's options but they don't end up near civilization for a lloonnnggg time . That doesnt mean the route is mandatory by any means, once again we'll just provide a suggested route and some places to camp. If you happen to end up there we'll cheers a beer

2012 will be more online with what the TCAT is all about.....remoteness, wilderness and fun terrain

In two weeks we're going to ride the first days portion of the route that Jimmy has laid out, then a week or so later a group of us are going to take some trucks and drive the second and third days of the route. Later in August I'll be solo for a few weeks pre running some other sections of the TCAT and TNE routes and will return to Ottawa via the three days of the TCAT that'll be used for the 2012 Roaming Rally. Blah blah, the route will have been driven and ridden prior to everyone showing up nex May . Doable....although I will never have ridden it is the spring

Hold my beer and watch this
Hey Ted

I'm interested in the first days portion. What dates are you looking at so I can check the on call schedule.
Dave
dvd_scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 03:24 PM   #82
shipwrek12001
Shipwrek

Oddometer: 2,072
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvd_scott View Post
Hey Ted

I'm interested in the first days portion. What dates are you looking at so I can check the on call schedule.
Dave
+1
Old 06-09-2011, 04:13 PM   #83
Z50R
Not lost yet

Oddometer: 790
Quote:
Originally Posted by loph917 View Post
350km == 217 miles. best get your rotopax out if you have a 200mi range (yes, that's all of you f800gs owners!). those on GSAs no need to worry; your C130 supertanker sized gas tank will carry you far enough! in fact, maybe you can provide refueling services!
Lets see, at 45 miles per gallon to be safe... humm... carry the 1... Fuck! imma need a bigger tank!
Z50R is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 05:46 AM   #84
Boatman
Take me down bitch!

Oddometer: 10,178
Hmmmm,, I guess I better start looking for a Safari tank for the SE. If I'm nice with the throttle, I can make 110 miles before the fuel light comes on and then I have about 25 miles before she flames out.

I do like the idea of the "wilderness" camping.

Hi/low beam conversions for: Trail Tech, Baja Designs
Boatman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 07:09 AM   #85
R_Lefebvre
Gnarly Adventurer

I'm planning on getting the IMS 4.8G tank for my bike, at 55mpg... 264 miles. Wow, that's still a little tight. Wow, is this even doable?

After the last trip, I was starting to think about building a 1-wheel trailer for my gear.
Old 06-10-2011, 07:16 AM   #86
tarzan30 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 438
Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Lefebvre View Post
I'm planning on getting the IMS 4.8G tank for my bike, at 55mpg... 264 miles. Wow, that's still a little tight. Wow, is this even doable?

After the last trip, I was starting to think about building a 1-wheel trailer for my gear.

I think i should get that 6.6G super tanker for the xr for in the forsale thread.. and finally get the Fairing on my bike! Big red instead big black I realy dont like red it ruins the what the hec is that factor. If anyone sees any 640 lights or some cheaper lights that fit in a 640r fairing let me know.. ill be part KTM next year!
Old 06-10-2011, 07:48 AM   #87
shipwrek12001
Shipwrek

Oddometer: 2,072
Quote:
I think i should get that 6.6G super tanker for the xr for in the forsale thread.. and finally get the Fairing on my bike! Big red instead big black I realy dont like red it ruins the what the hec is that factor. If anyone sees any 640 lights or some cheaper lights that fit in a 640r fairing let me know.. ill be part KTM next year!

i have some orange paint, tie wraps, maybe a ktm logo for you!!!! but i won't say welcome to the club.....
Old 06-10-2011, 08:18 AM   #88
4badboyz
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 588
350km =217 miles. best get your rotopax out if you have a 200mi range

my bet is attendance will be WAY down on this ride for next year... alot of the bikes used this year simply don't have that kind of range, so unless everyone has a supertanker at home...
Moab 2012
James Bay Road. What could go wrong...
4badboyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 09:54 AM   #89
Boatman
Take me down bitch!

Oddometer: 10,178
I'll be there even if I have to fill soda bottles with fuel and duct tape them to the bike!!

Hi/low beam conversions for: Trail Tech, Baja Designs
Boatman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 09:57 AM   #90
R_Lefebvre
Gnarly Adventurer

Should we discuss a gas/support truck? I'd consider taking one for the team if it was necessary to make this another great event.