User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-21-2011, 07:03 AM   #1
Dacripler OP
n00b

Oddometer: 9
Cuota 54 Colima Mexico

I recently went down to the family condo in Manzanillo MX. and during my drive south I happened to see a whole pack of BMW R1200GS on HWY 54 heading north on the 27th of November just outside of Colima Mexico.

The riders look like they were on a long haul of some sort and in fact several hours before them I happened to notice a ton of other guys dressed out in Guadalajara heading north as well.

Who are you guys and I was curious to know how you felt in terms of safety and other considerations? I've driven down there (Manzanillo) several times mining always to take the cuoto (toll road) and never to venture off into the libre (free roads) do to obvious safety concerns. (gas, repairs, civilization)

One of these days I might want to take the adventure down that way. Does anyone frequent the trip starting from the Columbia bridge in Larado? Normally when I drive I'll make the drive in two days and the first night I'll usually stay in Matehuala, then the second day I'll leave in the morning on to Manzanillo.

I have to say that the only areas I'd have reservations is the stretch from Monterrey to Saltillo and then the stretch from Mahtehuala to San Luis Potosi. There are some of the most beautiful mountains in this area rivaling many of those found in the western US.

Thanks!
Dacripler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 07:45 AM   #2
balloonman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 231
Thumb Blue Highways by William Leastheat Moon

Overcome your fear of travel and discover adventurer. Secondary roads may take a bit longer and require more motels, hotels and camping for the bold. Pick a different path each time stop take pics smell the flowers and eat at roadside taco stands. Captain Tom

www.tomzap.com
www.johnzap.com
www.mapsofmexico.com
balloonman is offline   Reply With Quote