Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-20-2011, 12:04 PM   #181
Wired
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 301
Great RR!! I just got through it all and now I want to do a west coast trip. One question though, can you expand more on how you got on "the list" to take your bike up 17-mile drive? If out there I would love to do that.
Wired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 10:26 PM   #182
FL_biker OP
Dakar Withdrawl

Oddometer: 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wired View Post
Great RR!! I just got through it all and now I want to do a west coast trip. One question though, can you expand more on how you got on "the list" to take your bike up 17-mile drive? If out there I would love to do that.
I got the e-mail addresses of the Pebble Beach top leadership (CEO, Chief Legal Counsel, and head of security) and wrote a very nice e-mail explaining what I was doing and asked if there was any way of granting an exception.

Senior Leadership page (Click link)

Mr. Stillwell (Chief Counsel) wrote me back, then called me where I once again explained that I was not some young squid that was gonna be racing around the area, nor did I have an obnoxiously loud bike, and that I just wanted to see the sights and get some photographs.

Now I can't guarantee anyone else will have the same luck I had - especially if a lot of folks pester them, but I was very appreciative and even sent him a thank-you card after the trip!!

Hope this helps

Ned Suesse on Stage 2 of the 2012 Dakar: "You would have had to have been a blind monkey to get lost anywhere today!!"
FL_biker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 09:06 AM   #183
Wired
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 301
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL_biker View Post
I got the e-mail addresses of the Pebble Beach top leadership (CEO, Chief Legal Counsel, and head of security) and wrote a very nice e-mail explaining what I was doing and asked if there was any way of granting an exception.

Senior Leadership page (Click link)

Mr. Stillwell (Chief Counsel) wrote me back, then called me where I once again explained that I was not some young squid that was gonna be racing around the area, nor did I have an obnoxiously loud bike, and that I just wanted to see the sights and get some photographs.

Now I can't guarantee anyone else will have the same luck I had - especially if a lot of folks pester them, but I was very appreciative and even sent him a thank-you card after the trip!!

Hope this helps
Thanks for the info. It's always worth a shot.
Wired is offline   Reply With Quote