Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-01-2011, 07:43 PM   #1
tirebob OP
n00b

Oddometer: 7
Legitimate or fake Belstaff products???

Hey everyone,

Was hoping if some of you might be aware whether or not this online company sell the real deal or fakes? I am nervous as the market seems stacked with counterfeits and in Canada I can't find anyone who carries this model jacket in my size (XXXXL)... Being in Canada I just don't know the reliable European companies.

Thanks in advance for any info!

http://www.motocentral.co.uk/Belstaf...n_AVRD5.aspx?0
tirebob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 11:02 PM   #2
Flood
F5lood.

Oddometer: 10,161
I have stumbled upon some very well made websites selling fake Belstaff gear online, but they are mostly selling only Belstaff and nothing else. Your link to a motorcycle gear vendor seems legit.

The only way to be sure is to contact Belstaff and ask them:http://www.belstaff.com/index.php?op...204&Itemid=442

RallyRAIDio on Twitter
RallyRAIDio on Facebook
Flood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 11:18 PM   #3
Schatzman
I Saved Latin

Oddometer: 3,661
That site seems too similar to:

http://www.bel-store.co.uk/?gclid=CJ...FYVx5QodXCh0vA

I have several Belstaff Jackets and I usually call and talk to the people first. For most of the motorcycle stuff I would go to http://britishmotorcyclegear.com

The website looks like shit but he is the real deal. When I got my long way down jacket I talked to him. He was unable to get them at the time, but was very helpful. I eventually got mine while traveling in the UK.
Schatzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 07:53 AM   #4
tirebob OP
n00b

Thanks for the replies guys...

I have fired off a couple e-mails to Belstaff trying to confirm their legitimacy, but have yet to hear anything back. I have googled the tar out of these guys and have not found anything specifically bad about them, but then again I haven't found anything good eaither. Just advertising type stuff...

Going to keep looking around for a bit, and if anyone has any extra info, that would be great!
Old 06-02-2011, 10:26 AM   #5
AlanCT
The Byronic Man

Oddometer: 3,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schatzman View Post
I have several Belstaff Jackets and I usually call and talk to the people first. For most of the motorcycle stuff I would go to http://britishmotorcyclegear.com

The website looks like shit but he is the real deal. When I got my long way down jacket I talked to him. He was unable to get them at the time, but was very helpful. I eventually got mine while traveling in the UK.

The BMG guy posts here regularly too; I would not be surprised if he chimes in.
IBA #23064
AlanCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 11:58 AM   #6
tirebob OP
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanCT View Post
The BMG guy posts here regularly too; I would not be surprised if he chimes in.
I have since been e-mailing with Paul from BMG and I am going to buy the jacket I want from those guys instead. I really wanted the country green colour but it seems really tough to locate. The black is nice as well and will probably go that route.

I should note, I am by no means a brand whore, and I am buying this jacket based on the fact I just really dig the style as well as suiting what I want for usability in my current situation. I am very much open to other brands as well (premium name or quality and cost effective) and am looking at everything...

Thanks again for the replies!
Old 06-02-2011, 12:45 PM   #7
Los5445
Adventurer

Oddometer: 12
Bmg

I bought my jacket and my wifes jacket from these guys at the last International Motorcycle Show in Phoenix (I guess about 2 years ago). Both of these jackets are holding up well. Very good gear, mine has developed a tempermental zipper, but it gets used daily in AZ. I'm not sure of the model but its a 3/4 jacket with removable sleeves (Adventure Jacket if I recall). I would recommend to anyone.
Old 06-02-2011, 11:03 PM   #8
v8toilet
Nothing to see here.

Oddometer: 1,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Los5445 View Post
I bought my jacket and my wifes jacket from these guys at the last International Motorcycle Show in Phoenix (I guess about 2 years ago). Both of these jackets are holding up well. Very good gear, mine has developed a tempermental zipper, but it gets used daily in AZ. I'm not sure of the model but its a 3/4 jacket with removable sleeves (Adventure Jacket if I recall). I would recommend to anyone.
Depending on what's wrong with the zipper, I've had good luck with silicone or teflon lubricants making them more 'compliant'.
v8toilet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 01:13 AM   #9
Schatzman
I Saved Latin

Oddometer: 3,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by tirebob View Post
I have since been e-mailing with Paul from BMG and I am going to buy the jacket I want from those guys instead. I really wanted the country green colour but it seems really tough to locate. The black is nice as well and will probably go that route.

I should note, I am by no means a brand whore, and I am buying this jacket based on the fact I just really dig the style as well as suiting what I want for usability in my current situation. I am very much open to other brands as well (premium name or quality and cost effective) and am looking at everything...

Thanks again for the replies!

I can easily say my belstaff long way down jacket is the best motorcycle jacket I have ever owned. They make an amazing product, it just sucks the price reflects it, but it is worth it in my opinion.
Schatzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 11:42 AM   #10
tirebob OP
n00b

So in the end I ordered the Belsatff Mojave Waxed Cotton jacket from BMG...

I would like to say that the transaction with BMG went very smoothly and they were extremely quick to reply to all my questions and once the order was placed, I was issued a tracking number within the day. Once it arrives I will post my thoughts on the jacket itself for anyone interested...

Bob
Old 06-04-2011, 11:52 AM   #11
Terrytori
Namaste

Oddometer: 1,823
I've bought both Belstaff and Barbour jackets from these people.
Fine service... No issues.

http://www.britishmotorcyclegear.com/jackets.asp

http://www.secordgallery.com/gallery...2_itemId=35642
Terrytori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 12:20 PM   #12
Dan Diego
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 648
Well, well, well. I bought a "worn once" Belstaff jacket on eBay not too long ago. I really like it so far, but there was some weird stitching issues that I had to correct.

Seeing this thread makes we wonder if I bought the legit thing.

When I finished high school, I wanted to take all my graduation money and buy myself a motorcycle. But my mom said no. See, she had a brother who died in a horrible motorcycle accident when he was 18. And I could just have his motorcycle.
Dan Diego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 06:38 PM   #13
FatChance
Road Captain

Oddometer: 10,074
FatWife bought me a Barbour International jacket for our anniversary last year and I love it!

- Calculated risk or forbidden fruit?
FatChance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 09:47 PM   #14
tirebob OP
n00b

This is the jacket I ordered... I never put a pic in my previous post...

Old 06-06-2011, 06:43 AM   #15
tirebob OP
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flood View Post
I have stumbled upon some very well made websites selling fake Belstaff gear online, but they are mostly selling only Belstaff and nothing else. Your link to a motorcycle gear vendor seems legit.

The only way to be sure is to contact Belstaff and ask them:http://www.belstaff.com/index.php?op...204&Itemid=442
Even though I have already purchased my jacket from BMG, I thought I should note that Belsatff finally got back to me this morning and confirmed that Motocentral is an offical reseller of Belstaff products, so anyone looking can buy from them and know that they carry the real deal...