Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-21-2011, 02:14 AM   #31
bensl
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burkey View Post
Does this mean we can have an ADV special Enduro tank bag or fandango + coyote saddle bag super special to celebrate the love.............
i would be interested in this special.....
bensl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 04:07 PM   #32
Burkey
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by bensl View Post
i would be interested in this special.....
Ive already got mine, rang them and two days latter got a Fandango and a great basin....real nice gear and great service
Burkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 06:29 PM   #33
MymoJoe
Ride Ride Ride

Oddometer: 2,761
Adventure Moto

what is the deal with ADV moto????? my mate is trying to order a shed load of gear for his new Husky 630 and there is no response... he has called a few times as well to chase them up.... My mate was going to order stuff from overseas an I talked him into one stop shopping with Adventure Moto... now I look like the goose.... Well done

No wonder people are buying overseas on the internet!!!!

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...33#post7397233

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO - what a ride!"
MymoJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 06:37 PM   #34
Cruz
Lost but laughing.

Oddometer: 5,709
I was on the phone to them this morning getting measurements of the fuel bladders, only rang about 3 times before they answered.

I think they run a couple of businesses from the same place, but could be wrong on that.

xronly
Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 06:47 PM   #35
lout
AYCIC

Oddometer: 736
At lunchtimes their phone is usually an answering machine, most other times its pretty good....been the occassional time I've had no answer. Just ring back in an hour or so...'tis annoying but Steve is a great bloke who goes out if his way to make life easy for us and I never have the heart to whine at him!!

Perfect phone service costs money that is passed on to us..

I've used then that much I know their phone off by heart

TASMANIA - Explore the corruption.

Orange paint and 37 clicks of suspension adjustment doesn't make up for being a shit rider :j Mo

It's not that I don't believe in God..I just believe in one less God than you.

Monsanto - The evil that keeps on growing
lout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 06:55 PM   #36
hahnelw
Just Mapping Another Ride

Oddometer: 591
No problems here!

I have had a couple of dealings with them, gearing up for a trip to the Kimberley, and always got through OK. Steve and the team have been helpful and friendly so I am a fan!

Suggest it must be an isolated incident, which can happen in a small business.

cheers

WH
Mile marker 203 The gas gauge leanin on the edge of E and I'll be damned if the rain ain't pourin down Theres somethin smokin underneath the hood Its a bangin and a clangin and it cant be good And its another 50 miles to the nearest town
hahnelw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 06:56 PM   #37
griffo1962 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,385
no complaints from me, service was great.
griffo1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 07:00 PM   #38
iconman
Good vibrations

Oddometer: 976
I've used them a few times, no problem. I think the girl who answers the phone is only there certain days... Good service in my opinion.
98 Suzuki DS 80 Gone to a new home
iconman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 07:39 PM   #39
MymoJoe
Ride Ride Ride

Isolated!! no..

I just passed some feed back here to my mate Greg and he said "isolated my arse" He has sent three emails, and five phone calls. one of the five phone calls he got Steve who said he would call him back.... 1 week later... still waiting... Greg called again today and was told Steve will call him back...

Lets no loose sight of the fact the this order is:

2 x fuel tanks
1 x Rallymoto steering dampener
pivot pegs
racks ect..

this isn't a $5 order...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hahnelw View Post
I have had a couple of dealings with them, gearing up for a trip to the Kimberley, and always got through OK. Steve and the team have been helpful and friendly so I am a fan!

Suggest it must be an isolated incident, which can happen in a small business.

cheers

WH

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO - what a ride!"
Old 06-27-2011, 08:35 PM   #40
hahnelw
Just Mapping Another Ride

Oddometer: 591
Well not sure what is going on there but can only speak for my experiences. Is the phone and router plugged in .........

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortaygo View Post
I just passed some feed back here to my mate Greg and he said "isolated my arse" He has sent three emails, and five phone calls. one of the five phone calls he got Steve who said he would call him back.... 1 week later... still waiting... Greg called again today and was told Steve will call him back...

2 x fuel tanks
pivot pegs
racks ect..

this isn't a $5 order...
Mile marker 203 The gas gauge leanin on the edge of E and I'll be damned if the rain ain't pourin down Theres somethin smokin underneath the hood Its a bangin and a clangin and it cant be good And its another 50 miles to the nearest town
hahnelw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 09:15 PM   #41
SteveRed
Adventure Mojo

Oddometer: 2,680
Quote:
Originally Posted by mortaygo View Post

2 x fuel tanks
pivot pegs
racks ect..

this isn't a $5 order...
Hi Mortaygo... You are right mate, I have dropped the ball here. Janice who manages my office and the orders in and out has had to fly home to England urgently to see her dying mom. She left rather suddenly and we have been in a bit of a scramble to get back on top of things. My wife has been coming in to help and I am hoping by the end of it we are still talking What do they say... "If it doesn't kill you it will make you stronger!"

I did speak with Greg earlier this week and again today, I explained that as far as Safari tanks are concerned the husky tank is on back order (with RV Aqualine who manufactures them) and also I explained how I can help with the Yamaha WR250 tank. I have ordered the Husky tank and hopefully I will get it next week. Robin Box the owner is also away until Friday so until he gets back I cannot pull any favors.

I have actually found a Husky 610 steering dampener which will fit the 630 which I can do at a close out rate. However as I explained to Greg I cannot get one in at this stage for the WR250R. The Pivot Pegz have just come in today (there has been delays as KTM have clogged up their production with a large 1200 set order and we have been on back order for two to three weeks).

I have explained to Greg (His ride is not for three weeks) that I should be able to ship everything out next week rather in dribs and drabs. I am emailing him a price and have deducted shipping because of the delays which will save a fair bit as the tanks are expensive to ship.

Anyway, I see that I have not lived up to my reputation here, but I am not ducking for cover. Sometimes we do not get it right but we do try. You can always send me a PM or an email at steve@adventuremoto.com.au and say WTF!!

Cheers

http://www.adventuremoto.com.au
Your ride.. Your adventure!
SteveRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 09:29 PM   #42
SteveRed
Adventure Mojo

Oddometer: 2,680
Quote:
Originally Posted by lout View Post
At lunchtimes their phone is usually an answering machine, most other times its pretty good....been the occassional time I've had no answer. Just ring back in an hour or so...'tis annoying but Steve is a great bloke who goes out if his way to make life easy for us and I never have the heart to whine at him!!

Perfect phone service costs money that is passed on to us..

I've used then that much I know their phone off by heart
Yep 'lout'... the phone either goes into overdrive and some calls go to the answer machine and I usually spend the late afternoon or evening catching up on my calls or emails or answering the many query's that the girls simply cannot answer... Or some times during the day when we do not have the extra hands and we are trying to get all the orders wrapped and shipped, we switch on the answering machine.

At the end of the day, we are a small business with three staff. As we grow naturally we will have to get more staff in but that in itself is a catch 22. I think I will have to find another "Steve" who can answer the technical stuff because I am up to about fifty emails and call backs a day now.

Quote:
I was on the phone to them this morning getting measurements of the fuel bladders, only rang about 3 times before they answered.

I think they run a couple of businesses from the same place, but could be wrong on that.
We do run this business alongside another business, however it is ostensibly a separate business with independent staff. A bit like RV Aqualine who makes Safari Tanks and also makes Canoes and operates Touratech Australia out of their business down in Victoria.

Hope this answers some of the questions and comments.

Cheers

Steve

http://www.adventuremoto.com.au
Your ride.. Your adventure!
SteveRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 09:47 PM   #43
Starky14
Yowie Bait

Oddometer: 242
Steve,
I have never used your shop, service, ordered or even called. But for you to come on line here and reply to the recent posts on this thread is bloody brilliant. I may just have to use your services in the future.

Sounds to me that you are a fairly genuine person and business. Should be more like you.

Starky14 screwed with this post 06-27-2011 at 10:08 PM
Starky14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 09:59 PM   #44
bully1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,886
Give him one of those " cement " t-shirts that you've got Steve
'92 R100GSPD ( modified)...........slow and easy
bully1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 10:29 PM   #45
MymoJoe
Ride Ride Ride

well well well

I didn't realise you were on ADV Steve, otherwise I would of sent a PM.

I have always said, everyone is allowed to "drop the ball" it is all about how a business recovers from a mistake.... I would say you have taken the criticism well and gone over and above to make good.

Good on you, happy that Greg continued to deal with you and based on your actions here, I will be happy to take my business up with you.

Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRed View Post
Yep 'lout'... the phone either goes into overdrive and some calls go to the answer machine and I usually spend the late afternoon or evening catching up on my calls or emails or answering the many query's that the girls simply cannot answer... Or some times during the day when we do not have the extra hands and we are trying to get all the orders wrapped and shipped, we switch on the answering machine.

At the end of the day, we are a small business with three staff. As we grow naturally we will have to get more staff in but that in itself is a catch 22. I think I will have to find another "Steve" who can answer the technical stuff because I am up to about fifty emails and call backs a day now.

We do run this business alongside another business, however it is ostensibly a separate business with independent staff. A bit like RV Aqualine who makes Safari Tanks and also makes Canoes and operates Touratech Australia out of their business down in Victoria.

Hope this answers some of the questions and comments.

Cheers

Steve