Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2011, 12:11 AM   #46
bully1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,234
Quote:
Originally Posted by mortaygo View Post
I didn't realise you were on ADV Steve, otherwise I would of sent a PM.

I have always said, everyone is allowed to "drop the ball" it is all about how a business recovers from a mistake.... I would say you have taken the criticism well and gone over and above to make good.

Good on you, happy that Greg continued to deal with you and based on your actions here, I will be happy to take my business up with you.

Joe

I think that you'll find that most suppliers are on this forum, Motorrad is as is Waspworks, Safari tanks etc, You never know who's watching you.
'92 R100GSPD ( modified)...........slow and easy
bully1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 12:21 AM   #47
crash n bern
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,284
Steve, how did your leg heal up? I still remember that morning at Noccundra when the Scotsmun asked about heading back to Bolan to get the car for you. A few blokes convinced you that it was too far to go back, and to go on to Camerons corner because your leg might feel better and you'd regret pulling out. The way you were limping I knew you weren't going to feel better. I felt for you when I saw you at the corner. You were now even further away.
Old 06-28-2011, 01:40 AM   #48
OldDog
Smelly Adventurer type

Oddometer: 4,461
Add me to the list! (of positives) Just ordered a set of crash bars and a bash plate off Steve, ordered last Thursday, fitted on the bike this morning! This is great service for out here, it usually takes 3 days for anything to actually get here. Thanks Steve, expect a few more orders from me
OldDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 02:16 AM   #49
sidetrack one
Boss STAG

Oddometer: 5,105
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDog View Post
Add me to the list! (of positives) Just ordered a set of crash bars and a bash plate off Steve, ordered last Thursday, fitted on the bike this morning! This is great service for out here, it usually takes 3 days for anything to actually get here. Thanks Steve, expect a few more orders from me
Did you get the Altrider plate Bill? Give us a review mate!
I got the Yammie one, but its pretty well trashed now, although I havent holed the sump yet
sidetrack one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 05:01 AM   #50
OldDog
Smelly Adventurer type

Oddometer: 4,461
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidetrack bob View Post
Did you get the Altrider plate Bill? Give us a review mate!
I got the Yammie one, but its pretty well trashed now, although I havent holed the sump yet
Mate its the stuff! I'll get some better pics tomorrow but ts a tough piece, very thick alloy etc, great build quality, should last a longtime and take a beating. Way better than the stock one i reckon for about the same dough.
OldDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 02:10 AM   #51
SteveRed
Adventure Mojo

Oddometer: 2,681
Quote:
Originally Posted by crash n bern View Post
Steve, how did your leg heal up? I still remember that morning at Noccundra when the Scotsmun asked about heading back to Bolan to get the car for you. A few blokes convinced you that it was too far to go back, and to go on to Camerons corner because your leg might feel better and you'd regret pulling out. The way you were limping I knew you weren't going to feel better. I felt for you when I saw you at the corner. You were now even further away.
Ah yeah mate... Memories eh! I rode from Cameron Corner with Scots as my wing man along "Bulloo Downs Rd" but the road was shit and crashed again in a wash out. Scots walks over casually as I was crying like a baby in my helmet from the pain, kneels down and simply says... "slow down you stupid fucker or I will leave you for the crows!"... At this stage I still wasn't aware my foot was broken from the two days before until I got to Thargomindah. I ended up with a blood clot in my calf 4" long and was shooting up Walfrin long after my ankle had healed. I still have the metal in the foot as a reminder .. The things we do for our passion/sport eh!

[QUOTE]Give him one of those " cement " t-shirts that you've got Steve [QUOTE] Well I may just do that... They are becoming a collectors item. I have the 'Adventuremite' T-Shirt on riders all over the world now. But the HTFU Moto Cement T-Shirt is the fave for the hard core Aussie riders

http://www.adventuremoto.com.au
Your ride.. Your adventure!

SteveRed screwed with this post 06-29-2011 at 02:18 AM
SteveRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 02:22 AM   #52
SteveRed
Adventure Mojo

Oddometer: 2,681
Mate no offence taken... Im a big boy and from time to time deserve a smack... and I had dropped the ball. I am an internet based business after all so I must take my medicine when delivered online. I sent Greg an email with the pricing you are after. Cheers for the positive feedback tho from the other guys. It is nice to know we mostly get it right.

Cheers

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortaygo View Post
I didn't realise you were on ADV Steve, otherwise I would of sent a PM.

I have always said, everyone is allowed to "drop the ball" it is all about how a business recovers from a mistake.... I would say you have taken the criticism well and gone over and above to make good.

Good on you, happy that Greg continued to deal with you and based on your actions here, I will be happy to take my business up with you.

Joe

http://www.adventuremoto.com.au
Your ride.. Your adventure!
SteveRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 02:36 AM   #53
towie247
Knees in the breeze

Oddometer: 43
I'm in the process of buying the first couple of accessories for my KLR (barkbusters and pivot pegz) and am finding the communication to be on par with O/S car parts stores I've dealt with previously - very prompt and informative, thanks Steve

Justin.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=707631
towie247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 02:28 PM   #54
Smokeyr67
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
G;day guys,

I only signed up to this site to reply to this thread.

I sent a question on Sunday afternoon regarding wolfman lugage and pivot pegz, and lo and behold Steve replied that evening.

Well done that man!

I'll be spending a few g with him as soon as I get my new ride, not because he's a cheap internet business, but because he provides service!
Smokeyr67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 04:36 AM   #55
APC Rally
Banned

Oddometer: 784
Apc rally team

More positve experiences for us as well. Its good to deal with someone who has real product knowledge. THe product lines he is selecting wont let anyone down in the bush and to me thats the bottom line.
APC Rally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 05:05 PM   #56
Aussie Steve
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,389
So praise has been delivered, and rightly so. Have only had good dealings with Steve.

Now wheres the adv discount code on the website?
Aussie Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 01:21 AM   #57
Matt
Dirt Virgin

Oddometer: 1,900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Steve View Post
Now wheres the adv discount code on the website?

I dropped in to see Steve this week and got a couple of pairs of Klim gloves - no prompting, immediate 10% discount making them only marginally more expensive than buying OS.

He also has Rox straps as well now - about time there was a local outlet.

Why do people think bike riders all like rock'n'roll??
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 04:28 AM   #58
Bigem
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,545
Thumb

I have just sold a set of Summits to a bloke in WA who was blown away by the quality of the Wolfman gear.

Inmate Ozadvntr has been keeping me supplied with Wolfman gear from Adventuremoto and I have just bought a set of the Expedition dry bags but haven't used them yet.

I have the tank panniers as well and they are awesome bits of kit and fit the F8 really well.

Bought a Jnr enduro bag for my son's DRZ400, made for the bike.

Steve has great quality stuff at excellent prices and all the people that I know have dealt with him cannot speak highly enough of the guys business ethics.

Top effort Steve and I look forward to meeting you on a trip someday.

Andrew
And there's no place I'd rather be!!
Bigem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 04:46 AM   #59
abhibeckert
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
I thought they went out of business? Tyres for bikes bought a whole shed full of 'em after some kind of closing down sale a few years back, and I bought a bunch basically for nothing.

Good quality straps... be careful as they don't handle months of direct sun all day long (don't leave them on the bike when not in use). I've had a few snap on me as a result.
Old 07-15-2011, 07:22 PM   #60
Aussie Steve
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,389
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
I dropped in to see Steve this week and got a couple of pairs of Klim gloves - no prompting, immediate 10% discount making them only marginally more expensive than buying OS.

Awesome, just need to figure out how to do it online now.
Aussie Steve is offline   Reply With Quote