User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-24-2011, 10:20 PM   #91
woopwoop
will think for food

Oddometer: 4,985
Just relax now folks.

It might look like ordinary everyday SPAM, but this one has the royal seal of approval.
woopwoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 04:11 AM   #92
Russ

Oddometer: 15,132
Quote:
Originally Posted by woopwoop View Post
Just relax now folks.

It might look like ordinary everyday SPAM, but this one has the royal seal of approval.
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 11:42 PM   #93
620rossco
Full on Yob

Oddometer: 259
Fixed.
Isn't Steve gr8.

620rossco screwed with this post 12-03-2011 at 09:32 AM
620rossco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 12:01 AM   #94
TB650
Would be Adventurer

Oddometer: 691
Firstly I must say that Adventure Moto is a paid advertiser on OBT. Last weekend I organised an auction at a three day single trail, ride weekend at Coffs Harbour. The weekend was an OBT thing but the auction was for the Black Dog Institute. Adventure Moto / Steve is a paid up advertiser and doesn’t need to contribute a cent but when asked he supplied so much gear for the auction it was hard to go and pick it up embrassing almost. The amount of gear was amazing and he kept throwing more and more stuff at us for auction until we said we had more than enough. We raised 3000 bucks that night with 57 guys at the auction. Others were asked and most gave and dug deep some didn’t, that doesn’t matter people do what they can and it’s appreciated. ( I have added this here because I thought this thread was the place to thank Steve publicly and let people know of his generosity outside of day to day business) .

TB

TB650 screwed with this post 11-30-2011 at 11:17 AM Reason: To explain the last line and avoid confusion
TB650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 11:12 AM   #95
TB650
Would be Adventurer

Oddometer: 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by 620rossco View Post
Sorry I didn't understand. My mistake.
Nah Rossco not at all nothing to do with you. I have fixed my post to better explain why I wrote it

The sentence was me explaining that I thought my experience about the donations fitted in this thread in case the mods saw it and thought why is this here that was all I was trying to say

Sorry for the confusion. On the Pegz side of things I know pivot Pegz have been under the pump regarding supply and demand for a while which isn't a bad thing for an Aussie product unless you are waiting for a set

TB

TB650 screwed with this post 11-30-2011 at 11:19 AM
TB650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 04:36 PM   #96
SteveRed
Adventure Mojo

Oddometer: 2,678
Quote:
Interesting thread.
My first experience with Adventure Moto has been a little different, ordered and paid for some pivot pegs on the 25th Nov, receive the following this afternoon the 30th Nov:

That would be four working days to work out they didn't have any stock.
The interesting thing is that their website still does not indicate that they are out of stock.
Working to a mid Dec deadline, bloody hell.
Hiya Ross,

I rarely look at this thread as I do not want be seen to be influencing it in any way. However thank for the mostly positive feedback guys, we try hard but naturally we cannot please everyone all the time as much as we would like to. So we also appreciate the not so positive spin as it does help us grow and improve.

Anyway on the matter at hand... Ross, the situation with Pivot Pegz is frustrating as we have a lot of peg sets on back order with them. Their new Mk3 pegz have taken off in the US and they simply cannot get all the components fast enough to build then for the demand that has been created. I guess this says something about how good they are.

With regards to reporting stock levels on our site, we are trying to find better ways to improve the site with relation to stock availability. When we started Adventure Moto we never expected to grow as big as we have or have the available lines we carry. As such, the system we use "sees" there are Pivot Pegz in stock but does not "see" that we are out of some model numbers. If you had paid by credit card your payment would never have been taken as we only process payments when we ship the order. However if a customer pays by PayPal the payment is obvioulsy taken off your account. Ross I am always happy to refund or credit a payment when there is an issue with delivery. My wife (Katja) emailed you and apologized for the delay but did not offer you a refund. We will look at how we respond to our customers in the future.

Please let me know if we can help in any other way, PM me and I will give you my mobile number and direct email address.

Steve

http://www.adventuremoto.com.au
Your ride.. Your adventure!
SteveRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 04:41 PM   #97
SteveRed
Adventure Mojo

Oddometer: 2,678
Quote:
Originally Posted by SYDADVGS View Post
Steve has a great stand at the Motorcycle show, tried to have a chat to him but he was too busy.
Take your credit card he has lots of nice gear available.
Man that show almost killed me It was certainly great to be there and catch up with as many ADV riders as I could, and I apologize for those who visited but we were simply run off our feet serving customers. I think my next T-Shirt we have designed will simply say "I'D RATHER BE RIDING... ADV"

See you out there!

http://www.adventuremoto.com.au
Your ride.. Your adventure!
SteveRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 05:26 PM   #98
podge NT
Podge NT

Oddometer: 2,149
Quote:
Interesting thread.
My first experience with Adventure Moto has been a little different, ordered and paid for some pivot pegs on the 25th Nov, receive the following this afternoon the 30th Nov:

That would be four working days to work out they didn't have any stock.
The interesting thing is that their website still does not indicate that they are out of stock.
Working to a mid Dec deadline, bloody hell.

There are a lot of places out there that do not even respond to requests so 4 days ain't too bad. I have bought heaps of stuff off Steve and have never had a problem.
Old 12-02-2011, 10:49 PM   #99
dirtsurfer
Challenged Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,611
pivot pegs

If I may chip in to the pivot pegs issue; I purchased some from a supplier on ebay, in the item info section it said (and still does) Item location Dayboro, Queensland, Australia. There is also an estimated time frame for delivery. My tranaction occurred on the 2nd of November . After a respectable wait time (perhaps a week) I contacted the seller and asked where my pivot pegs were and I was informed that the will be shipped direct from the factory in approximately 1 - 2 weeks. I grumpily waited the full 2 weeks before contacting the seller again. I was informed that they would get back to me the next day with a firm answer from the supplier..... in a couple of days I got the latest email stating that they will be shipped overnight on the 7th of December. I wait
Old 12-03-2011, 04:12 AM   #100
Sleepy John
Grumpy Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,700
Bush lawyers!!!
Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.
Sleepy John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 04:36 AM   #101
Ranger Rob
Out and about...

Oddometer: 352
Eh? You can please some of the people.....

Quote:
Yeah that ebay store is a listed stockist:

http://www.pivotpegz.net/howtobuy.html

It is much easier to deal with them, tell them that you intend to open a dispute and ebay will disable their store. They have clearly not met their own conditions 5-15days.

I guess it depends on how pissed off they have made you and how much of a prick you want to be...

All of the technology related arguement is a smokescreen. At the bottom of all of this is a consumer contractual relationship and all the normal laws apply. In my view the fact that the transaction is on ebay or that they have inventory control issues is irrelevant from a legal perspective. If delivery will be delayed they need to clearly state that in their advertising, including ebay listings.
Hey Rossco,

I can understand that you're pissed at not being able to get your pegs right away. You've paid for them, and you want them! fair enough.

As an "observer" on this thread i felt obliged to chime in with my 2 cents worth (just 'cause i can).

I'm sure that you're a top bloke but in the spirit of this thread, please put a sock in it mate!
Steve has apologised, offered you personal attention and surely will do all there is to make things right.

By carrying on with all of the consumer rights "mumbo jumbo" i feel that you are making yourself look like a bit of a "perpetually hard to please customer" who is quick to sprout off about poor service.

Do you ever provide positive feedback to salespeople, businesses or corporations?

If you do your job "PERFECTLY", everyday, 100% then it must be extremely frustrating for you to be dealing with such incompetence.

If not, then how about taking a breath and just accepting that sh-t does happen, and there are much more important issues in life to worry about.

Just sayin'

Ranger
Old 12-03-2011, 09:29 AM   #102
620rossco
Full on Yob

Oddometer: 259
Quote:
"perpetually hard to please customer"
Quote:
Bush lawyers!!!
Name calling?
There I did my best to fix it.
I promise not to have an opinion you don't condone in the future.
620rossco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 12:56 PM   #103
woopwoop
will think for food

Oddometer: 4,985
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger Rob View Post
Hey Rossco,

I can understand that you're pissed at not being able to get your pegs right away. You've paid for them, and you want them! fair enough.

As an "observer" on this thread i felt obliged to chime in with my 2 cents worth (just 'cause i can).

I'm sure that you're a top bloke but in the spirit of this thread, please put a sock in it mate!
Steve has apologised, offered you personal attention and surely will do all there is to make things right.

By carrying on with all of the consumer rights "mumbo jumbo" i feel that you are making yourself look like a bit of a "perpetually hard to please customer" who is quick to sprout off about poor service.

Do you ever provide positive feedback to salespeople, businesses or corporations?

If you do your job "PERFECTLY", everyday, 100% then it must be extremely frustrating for you to be dealing with such incompetence.

If not, then how about taking a breath and just accepting that sh-t does happen, and there are much more important issues in life to worry about.

Just sayin'

Ranger

What is the "spirit of this thread" Ranger?

Hagiography only?
woopwoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 01:03 PM   #104
ferals5
865+652

Oddometer: 999
Quote:

Hagiography only?

my GL bag came quicker than I expected.
ferals5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 03:26 PM   #105
lentil
All round nice guy

Oddometer: 7,238
Quote:

Hagiography only?
Sesquipidalian

Apple fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by troy safari carpente View Post
It's the classic freudian slip... "come out of the closet, and jump into the jaccuzzi with the rest of us..."
lentil is offline   Reply With Quote