Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > The perfect line and other riding myths
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2013, 09:14 PM   #1531
JimVonBaden
"Cool" Aid!

Oddometer: 50,569
The problem with MC commuting is that you rarely get a photo of the odd stuff you see. I am no exception. Last week I saw a woman running down New York Avenue stark naked. Running like she was out for a jog with no worries in the world.

I saw her from behind initially, and, of course, had to look back to get the big picture. Turns out she must have been much older than I thought, nice ass, as her boobs looked like two large water balloons that had spring a leak and were mostly empty. Definitely my oddest commute moment.

I do see an odd arrangement of people texting, people reading newspapers and books, and of course women, and one man, applying make-up while flying down the freeway at 80mph.

Jim
JimVonBaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 09:26 PM   #1532
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless

Oddometer: 28,057
Quote:
Originally Posted by khager View Post
I was running down the highway this morning about 75-80 and got passed by a Prius! WTF I didn't even know they would go that fast.
I was runnin down the freeway this AM and passed a Prius sitting in the left lane doing 65.

Second car within a mile doing the same thing.

Granted the speed limit's only 55, but if you're being passed on the right, you're too far left. MOVE!

M
Old 07-10-2013, 03:54 AM   #1533
DOGSROOT
OUTSIDE

Oddometer: 765
Quote:
Originally Posted by khager View Post

I was running down the highway this morning about 75-80 and got passed by a Prius! WTF I didn't even know they would go that fast.

Must've been souped up.

This drug won't cure you...but it will put your symptoms to shame
DOGSROOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 06:11 AM   #1534
Surfcat
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimVonBaden View Post
The problem with MC commuting is that you rarely get a photo of the odd stuff you see. I am no exception. Last week I saw a woman running down New York Avenue stark naked. Running like she was out for a jog with no worries in the world.

I saw her from behind initially, and, of course, had to look back to get the big picture. Turns out she must have been much older than I thought, nice ass, as her boobs looked like two large water balloons that had spring a leak and were mostly empty. Definitely my oddest commute moment.

I do see an odd arrangement of people texting, people reading newspapers and books, and of course women, and one man, applying make-up while flying down the freeway at 80mph.

Jim
Looks like I need to change my route, I could use some excitement other than knuckleheads trying to run me off the road.

Triumph Street Triple R
Surfcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 11:03 AM   #1535
mneblett
Professional Lurker

Oddometer: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gummee! View Post
Granted the speed limit's only 55, but if you're being passed on the right, you're too far left. MOVE!
Virginia law (Sec. 46.2-842) sez that you are *required* to move right to allow overtaking traffic to pass. Of course, there is *zero* enforcement -- or even knowledge among the brain-dead -- of the rule.

"If you're being passed on the right, you're in the wrong!"
mneblett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 11:20 AM   #1536
garandman
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,008
Quote:
I was runnin down the freeway this AM and passed a Pius sitting in the left lane doing 65. /
They come with a deed to the left hand lane in the glove box - same as pickups, only with more slow.

“The problem in defense is how far you can go without destroying from within what you are trying to defend from without.” ― Dwight D. Eisenhower
garandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 09:09 PM   #1537
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless

Oddometer: 28,057
Quote:
Originally Posted by mneblett View Post
Virginia law (Sec. 46.2-842) sez that you are *required* to move right to allow overtaking traffic to pass. Of course, there is *zero* enforcement -- or even knowledge among the brain-dead -- of the rule.

Uhh yeah. Good luck with that.

My ex- always used to get confused when I'd get cranky when someone in the left lane wouldn't move over. She'd say 'you've got other lanes, go around em!'

That's not the point! The point is they shouldn't be there in the first place! Between growing up in GER and basic common sense, you shouldn't drive in the passing lane.

M
Old 07-10-2013, 11:36 PM   #1538
Gonzoso
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 148
So driving out to do my food shopping on my bike I came upon a blue Trail Blazer with Georgia plates. A boy of about 10-12 hung out the window and began throwing trash at me, starting with a cigarette butt, then bottles. After dodging the bottles I honked to bring his mother or gaurdians attention to the boys misbehavior. The mom flipped me off. I flipped her off. The 10 year old flipped me off and threw more garbage at me as he was hanging so far out someone had to be holding him from in the vehicle. I smelled marijuana and followed them through town, until I came upon a state trooper going the other way. I ripped a quick U turn and caught up with the cop. I flashed at him, signaled with hands and lights and honked in attempt to speak to him, to no avail, he ignored me and carried on for about 1/2 mile of slow driving and me trying to catch his attention. Pulled over, called 911, I'm sure nothing will happen and I just wasted my time. They're probably driving around getting high with their kid and littering as I type this. I'm getting kind of tired of druggies.
Gonzoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 05:01 AM   #1539
JimVonBaden
"Cool" Aid!

Oddometer: 50,569
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzoso View Post
So driving out to do my food shopping on my bike I came upon a blue Trail Blazer with Georgia plates. A boy of about 10-12 hung out the window and began throwing trash at me, starting with a cigarette butt, then bottles. After dodging the bottles I honked to bring his mother or gaurdians attention to the boys misbehavior. The mom flipped me off. I flipped her off. The 10 year old flipped me off and threw more garbage at me as he was hanging so far out someone had to be holding him from in the vehicle. I smelled marijuana and followed them through town, until I came upon a state trooper going the other way. I ripped a quick U turn and caught up with the cop. I flashed at him, signaled with hands and lights and honked in attempt to speak to him, to no avail, he ignored me and carried on for about 1/2 mile of slow driving and me trying to catch his attention. Pulled over, called 911, I'm sure nothing will happen and I just wasted my time. They're probably driving around getting high with their kid and littering as I type this. I'm getting kind of tired of druggies.
Too bad the little fucker didn't fall out of the window causing mom to crash into a telephone pole!

Damn people are so fucked up these days!

Jim
JimVonBaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 07:55 AM   #1540
canoeguy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 322
Quote:
Originally Posted by mneblett View Post

Not when that traffic is exceeding the speed limit. In this case the poster admits to passing on the right a vehicle that was already going ten miles over the limit.
canoeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 10:07 AM   #1541
Draechon
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,177
Had a guy scare the shit into me earlier. Waved at an oncoming squid on some sportbike. He swerved over into my lane and almost wiped out either failing to simply wave, or trying to fake me out at doing a high-five. Still not sure which.

Draechon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 01:24 PM   #1542
DOGSROOT
OUTSIDE

Oddometer: 765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draechon View Post

Had a guy scare the shit into me earlier.

That's gotta hurt.

Works the opposite way hereabouts...

Is that a prison thing?

This drug won't cure you...but it will put your symptoms to shame
DOGSROOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 01:32 PM   #1543
garandman
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,008
Quote:
Uhh yeah. Good luck with that.

My ex- always used to get confused when I'd get cranky when someone in the left lane wouldn't move over./
My wife says "You are the only one who knows this."

Today on Route 128 there was a woman in a sedan with a "Baby on Board" decal going 55 in the left hand lane. No one in either of the two lanes to the right of her. Maybe she was afraid she'd fall off the edge?

“The problem in defense is how far you can go without destroying from within what you are trying to defend from without.” ― Dwight D. Eisenhower
garandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 02:00 PM   #1544
univibe88
Slidell4Life

Oddometer: 2,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by garandman View Post
My wife says "You are the only one who knows this."

Today on Route 128 there was a woman in a sedan with a "Baby on Board" decal going 55 in the left hand lane. No one in either of the two lanes to the right of her. Maybe she was afraid she'd fall off the edge?
But she was doing the speed limit

On the pike this afternoon headed into Boston there was an asshat doing 55 in the left lane, but kept swerving half way into the middle lane. I really didn't want to pass him on the right. But crawling up his 6 and flashing the high beams didn't get the message across either.

"I like my ride plans like my women...loosely put together with a chance of getting wet."
univibe88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 03:07 PM   #1545
ttpete
Rectum Non Bustibus

Oddometer: 5,648
Quote:
Originally Posted by canoeguy View Post
Not when that traffic is exceeding the speed limit. In this case the poster admits to passing on the right a vehicle that was already going ten miles over the limit.
Has nothing to do with speed or speed limit. If he's not passing anyone, he doesn't belong in the left lane. Non-cops have no business trying to enforce the law. One day they might find themselves PITed and in the weeds.
67 Triumph Bonneville TT Special
ttpete is offline   Reply With Quote