Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2013, 09:20 AM   #1861
Marylander
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by rat110 View Post
I sprayed my exhaust with VHT paint on the weekend and installed it, cooked it off on the bike like the directions say so. It smoked a heck of a lot, as it said it would.
Huh, I just painted my exhaust too and used engine paint (550dF). I suspect I should have gone with something that has a higher max temp as there's a cat conv in there... What's the max on that VHT paint?
Marylander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 11:33 AM   #1862
ZaethDekar
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 631
Quote:
Originally Posted by Handy View Post
So you guys are hitting on women by honking at them?
I'll bet the panties are dropping all over town...
It is surprising how well it works. I mean, they do end up on the ground.. I don't see why so many people are jogging on the bike path.

In reality I hardly ever use my horn. I like to think there is more I could be doing in a situation where people would use their horn. Either accelerating or decelerating or moving my bike out of the way.
ZaethDekar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 11:58 AM   #1863
JimVonBaden
"Cool" Aid!

Oddometer: 48,668
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaethDekar View Post
It is surprising how well it works. I mean, they do end up on the ground.. I don't see why so many people are jogging on the bike path.

In reality I hardly ever use my horn. I like to think there is more I could be doing in a situation where people would use their horn. Either accelerating or decelerating or moving my bike out of the way.
Interestingly, I manage to not only get out of the way/maneuver, but ALSO use the horn. I guess I am exceptionally talented that way!

Jim
JimVonBaden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 01:11 PM   #1864
Red9
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimVonBaden View Post
Interestingly, I manage to not only get out of the way/maneuver, but ALSO use the horn. I guess I am exceptionally talented that way!

Jim
Jim you're bursting a bubble here...
The only reason there's a horn is cause there was a switch to make use of some wiring cause of some extra battery juice.
Red9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 04:00 PM   #1865
k-moe
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOGSROOT View Post

Hilarious.

I don't know WTF VHT paint is, but I know I want some!!!
Very High Temperature....like what you'd use to paint an outdoor grill.
k-moe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 09:16 PM   #1866
rat110
Has a Zombie House

Oddometer: 496
Quote:
Originally Posted by k-moe View Post
Very High Temperature....like what you'd use to paint an outdoor grill.
Bingo.

http://www.vhtpaint.com/
Old 11-15-2013, 03:18 PM   #1867
atomicalex
silly aluminum boxes

Oddometer: 2,051
riding around this morning, I stopped for a light. A little boy 5YO or so looked at me, pulled on his mom's sleeve, waved at me, and yelled HI!

I waved back happily and he smiled"
Old 11-16-2013, 05:00 PM   #1868
cab591
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 201
Miata shenanigans.

Going down the freeway in traffic, decided the weather was lovely and I wanted the top down. Hazards on, pull to the shoulder, got under 40, drop the top, downshift, and pull right back into traffic...

The xterra full of college chicks sure had a good laugh.
cab591 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 05:29 PM   #1869
GI_JO_NATHAN
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,004
Quote:
Originally Posted by cab591 View Post
Miata shenanigans.

Going down the freeway in traffic, decided the weather was lovely and I wanted the top down. Hazards on, pull to the shoulder, got under 40, drop the top, downshift, and pull right back into traffic...

The xterra full of college chicks sure had a good laugh.
Nice!
Someone quote me so he can see my response
Quote:
Originally Posted by POLLOCK28 (XDTALK.com)
From what I understand from frequenting various forums you are handling this critisim completely wrong. You are supposed to get bent out of shape and start turning towards personal attacks. Get with the program!
GI_JO_NATHAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 07:09 AM   #1870
cab591
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GI_JO_NATHAN View Post
Nice!
I've now made a habit of doing it... kind of lazy to put the top down at home when I leave, but when I merge on the freeway I realize that Miatas have HUGE blind spots with the top up, so the top goes down somewhere along the way.

My favorite spot now is on the interchange between the 101 and 202. Real nice, fun curve in the ramp. Slow WAY down (hey, the flashing signs do say 25mph!), top down, downshift, and goose it.

If you think that's funny, though, you should've seen the looks I got when I bought a bed, mattress, and dresser from IKEA, and pulled around front in the Miata.
Old 11-17-2013, 12:15 PM   #1871
GI_JO_NATHAN
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:

If you think that's funny, though, you should've seen the looks I got when I bought a bed, mattress, and dresser from IKEA, and pulled around front in the Miata.
Pics or it never happened.. Lol

j/K But that would be great to see.
Quote:
From what I understand from frequenting various forums you are handling this critisim completely wrong. You are supposed to get bent out of shape and start turning towards personal attacks. Get with the program!
Old 11-17-2013, 01:07 PM   #1872
cab591
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GI_JO_NATHAN View Post
Pics or it never happened.. Lol

j/K But that would be great to see.

You can see the matress and topper laying across the rear. The trunk is full of linens, some dishware, and a new trashcan. Had to make a second trip for the bedframe and dresser (didn't feel safe loading them on top).

The couple next to us had a good laugh.

(We did consider putting the flat boxes for the bed and dresser across the top, running from the mattresses to the windshield, but couldn't get them tied down well enough. Drove that load home, dropped off my passenger, and carried the boxes upright in the passenger seat).
Old 11-17-2013, 01:46 PM   #1873
atomicalex
silly aluminum boxes

Oddometer: 2,051
Rabbit Convertible, 6 8' tall Arbor Vitaes. Looked like a rolling forest. A cop followed me home, so I asked him why. He said he couldn't decide if I was stealing the trees in plain sight, or just stupid. I said, well, I do own three Volkswagens...
Old 11-17-2013, 02:48 PM   #1874
Tuna Helper
Rawrr!

Oddometer: 712
My mom bought a patio table and chairs from lowes one day. She didn't have a way to get them home, so she had my brother and I go get them. With receipt in hand, we walked in through the garden center, located the table, and walked out with it, right past the two cashiers talking by the gate. We got all the way to my jeep and were talking about how to load it when the cashier realized what was going on and walked out to us. She said she was confused and didnt know if we had paid or if we were stealing it. We showed the receipt and they said thanks have a nice day.
Tuna Helper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 02:51 PM   #1875
GI_JO_NATHAN
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
You can see the matress and topper laying across the rear. The trunk is full of linens, some dishware, and a new trashcan. Had to make a second trip for the bedframe and dresser (didn't feel safe loading them on top).

The couple next to us had a good laugh.

(We did consider putting the flat boxes for the bed and dresser across the top, running from the mattresses to the windshield, but couldn't get them tied down well enough. Drove that load home, dropped off my passenger, and carried the boxes upright in the passenger seat).

Nice!
Quote: