Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-2014, 03:48 PM   #2371
henshao
Bained

Oddometer: 607
Quote:
Originally Posted by RidingDonkeys View Post
I work with a guy with a giant HD sticker on his back windshield of his minivan. Come to find out, he hasn't owned a motorcycle since 1998.

I just want to know why I can buy a HD edition Ford, but not a Triumph edition Dodge. Car companies are missing a huge market share by limiting their branding.
Dodge, Ford, HD have very deep American roots, Triumph would probably have to pay a pretty penny to get their brand on an American car whereas with HD it's probably profit for both manufacturers.
henshao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 04:05 PM   #2372
sdmichael
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 685
Quote:
Originally Posted by henshao View Post
Dodge, Ford, HD have very deep American roots, Triumph would probably have to pay a pretty penny to get their brand on an American car whereas with HD it's probably profit for both manufacturers.
I just don't understand why someone would want an HD branded truck? I mean... it is a truck, not a motorcycle. If you really wanted something HD branded... get a motorcycle!
Old 07-30-2014, 04:07 PM   #2373
sdmichael
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 685
Quote:
Originally Posted by aldend123 View Post
More power to ya if the highway's clear and you've got the space. Have at it. But pulling along side cars, waiting for them to look over, and then doing it is not cool, especially when it's a full grid.
In this case, traffic was light and there were two lanes available. Dumbass was in the right lane. When the freeway split at the 67, he went one way, I went another. So no, I didn't pull along side any cars to do it, I simply kept the same pace I was at before and did so while passing the now slower idiot (who kept looking behind himself, I guess hoping for an audience).
Old 07-30-2014, 04:29 PM   #2374
aldend123
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 261
Ha, I didn't mean your own actions. I meant stunting, wheelie'ing etc. If it's all clear, I don't really care. Have fun, and best of luck. Just keep it away from the traffic.
Old 07-30-2014, 04:41 PM   #2375
RidingDonkeys
Purveyor of Awesome

Oddometer: 8,393
Quote:
Originally Posted by henshao View Post
I should have used my sarcastic font. I was really pointing to the stupidity of buying a brand of vehicle branded with the markings of another brand of vehicle. Think of the possibilities:

Sherco trials edition Honda Odyssey for all those trials-moms

BMW Motorrad edition Mercedes GL350, with enough towing power to haul your GS to Starbucks so you won't have to ride there.

Triumph vintage edition Mini Cooper

Honda Repsol edition Toyota Tundra

The possibilities are endless.

Clinging to sanity, one motorcycle at a time.
RidingDonkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 05:02 AM   #2376
Navy Chief
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinocono View Post
Goody! We're gonna turn another thread into a Harley bash fest!

Assholes.
Are we ever allowed to mention the motor company in a post without people getting all butt hurt about it?
Navy Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 06:03 AM   #2377
Offcamber
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,728
HD has done a remarkable job at brand recognition. The faithful will by a lump of Dog Shit with the HD logo on it. How many people do you see have Dealership T-shirts on, other than HD riders?? Other Dealerships have to give their T-shirts away. HD riders make it a point to buy one from the local dealer when they travel. To each his own....

Jeep use to be like that but since Daimler bought and sold Chrysler it lost its edge IMO.

Now how about a Jeep edition Yamaha Super Tenere :
Old 07-31-2014, 06:53 AM   #2378
UnsureFooting
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,249
UnsureFooting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 08:09 AM   #2379
SloMo228
World Class Cheapass

Oddometer: 1,701
Quote:
Originally Posted by RidingDonkeys View Post
I work with a guy with a giant HD sticker on his back windshield of his minivan. Come to find out, he hasn't owned a motorcycle since 1998.

I just want to know why I can buy a HD edition Ford, but not a Triumph edition Dodge. Car companies are missing a huge market share by limiting their branding.
Hell, you can't even get a BMW Motorrad edition BMW. They're really missing the boat there!
SloMo228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 10:03 AM   #2380
pinocono
Husky Dü

Oddometer: 452
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
Are we ever allowed to mention the motor company in a post without people getting all butt hurt about it?
Sure, but what was strange, odd, or FUN about either of those posts? Neither had anything interesting to add to the thread. I can take good natured ribbing, my skin actually is fairly thick (thank gawd I don't ride a KLR though), but there are already seems like there's 637 threads on this site ripping on Harley riders.
pinocono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 10:08 AM   #2381
Navy Chief
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnsureFooting View Post
Your getting a lot of mileage out of that picture....
Navy Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 10:16 AM   #2382
UnsureFooting
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,249
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
Your getting a lot of mileage out of that picture....
Ugh.
UnsureFooting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 10:20 AM   #2383
GI_JO_NATHAN
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,254
Quote:
Originally Posted by SloMo228 View Post
Hell, you can't even get a BMW Motorrad edition BMW. They're really missing the boat there!
Originally Posted by POLLOCK28 (XDTALK.com)
From what I understand from frequenting various forums you are handling this critisim completely wrong. You are supposed to get bent out of shape and start turning towards personal attacks. Get with the program!
GI_JO_NATHAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 11:31 AM   #2384
SlipChip
Adventure Commuter

Oddometer: 3,309
Road Rage

Incident last night as I was getting off the interstate. Exit ramp is a two laner, left is left only and right is left or right, stop light at the intersection with a sensor only on the right lane about 20 feet back from the stop line. There was a line up of 6 or so cars in the left lane and one in the right. Prius a couple hundred feet ahead of me stops in the left lane, as I pull up the ramp in the right lane he suddenly shifts to the right cutting me off. I lay on my freeway blaster to indicate my displeasure and pull up to a stop behind him. The driver starts cussing like a mad man, I pull up alongside a bit but not so far that he can menace me with is door or move in on me. "Do you have something to say, sir?", I ask.
##$%&*^%$@!&^$@!!! < Him > "What are you some kind of tough guy, You don't know what some one could be packing." Me> "You don't know what I might be packing." Him>!#$%&*^%$#@! I just slid back a bit and motored away from him when the light turned green by slipping into the left lane. He went on to turn right from the right turn only lane at the next intersection. :facepalm Angry red faced man in a Prius V

“Discoveries are often made by not following instructions, by going off the main road, by trying the untried.” - Frank Tyger

"Life begins at the end of your comfort zone." - Neale Donald Walsch
SlipChip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 11:39 AM   #2385
henshao
Bained

Oddometer: 607
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlipChip View Post
Incident last night as I was getting off the interstate. Exit ramp is a two laner, left is left only and right is left or right, stop light at the intersection with a sensor only on the right lane about 20 feet back from the stop line. There was a line up of 6 or so cars in the left lane and one in the right. Prius a couple hundred feet ahead of me stops in the left lane, as I pull up the ramp in the right lane he suddenly shifts to the right cutting me off. I lay on my freeway blaster to indicate my displeasure and pull up to a stop behind him. The driver starts cussing like a mad man, I pull up alongside a bit but not so far that he can menace me with is door or move in on me. "Do you have something to say, sir?", I ask.
##$%&*^%$@!&^$@!!! < Him > "What are you some kind of tough guy, You don't know what some one could be packing." Me> "You don't know what I might be packing." Him>!#$%&*^%$#@! I just slid back a bit and motored away from him when the light turned green by slipping into the left lane. He went on to turn right from the right turn only lane at the next intersection. :facepalm Angry red faced man in a Prius V
On the Odd scale I would rate it about a 6, on the Fun scale probably about a 6.5, but you've got to pick it up in the Strange department if you ever want to not have a cheeky stop sign posted in response!

Tough guy in a Prius, I'm surprised the world didn't implode...Perhaps it did, and we are all in the anti-matter universe now.
henshao is offline   Reply With Quote