Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-2014, 11:02 AM   #2386
slartidbartfast
Love those blue pipes

Oddometer: 4,792
Quote:
Originally Posted by catweasel67 View Post
Bugger! thanks :) I consider myself to be dingbatted Well, and truly.

Ps: I'm not a troll, I just refuse to be part of the love fest that goes on any time a bird makes a post.
I didn't realize the OP was a woman until quite a few posts into the debate. On the other hand, I realized you were an aggravating twat right away.

Seems to me you are on a mission to rack up a post count without adding any value to a single thread you participate in (maybe participate is the wrong word as it implies you have somehow entered into the debate rather than simply creating annoying background noise.)

Don't bother replying, I don't care what you think.
Summer 2008 UK End-to-End ride
slartidbartfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 11:20 AM   #2387
slartidbartfast
Love those blue pipes

Oddometer: 4,792
Quote:
Originally Posted by Offcamber View Post
HD has done a remarkable job at brand recognition. The faithful will by a lump of Dog Shit with the HD logo on it. How many people do you see have Dealership T-shirts on, other than HD riders?? Other Dealerships have to give their T-shirts away. HD riders make it a point to buy one from the local dealer when they travel. To each his own....

Jeep use to be like that but since Daimler bought and sold Chrysler it lost its edge IMO.

Now how about a Jeep edition Yamaha Super Tenere :
All BMW dealerships I've stopped at in USA have at least one or two choices of hat or shirt with their local name on it. So do quite a few other brands, although nowhere near the selection a typical HD dealer carries.

3 or 4 weeks ago on my way up the West side of France with some friends, we stopped in at 3 or 4 different dealers representing 10 or more brands between them. Some really nice selections of bikes and branded accessories but not a single item that provided a clue what dealership, city or country it came from. I guess it's an American thing
Summer 2008 UK End-to-End ride
slartidbartfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 03:29 PM   #2388
WDG
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlipChip View Post
...##$%&*^%$@!&^$@!!! < Him > "What are you some kind of tough guy, You don't know what some one could be packing."...
With that level of anger-management deficiency, I'd guess if he had anything worth showing, he'd have let you see it. So... Just another toothless prick.
And in a Prius, no less. Not very kumbaya of him, was it?
Old 07-31-2014, 05:33 PM   #2389
Benduro
None more black.

Oddometer: 1,726
Quote:
Originally Posted by slartidbartfast View Post
I didn't realize the OP was a woman until quite a few posts into the debate. On the other hand, I realized you were an aggravating twat right away.

Seems to me you are on a mission to rack up a post count without adding any value to a single thread you participate in (maybe participate is the wrong word as it implies you have somehow entered into the debate rather than simply creating annoying background noise.)

Don't bother replying, I don't care what you think.
Please don't quote him. I've been having a nice vacation from his bullshit.
Old 07-31-2014, 06:45 PM   #2390
Marylander
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by WDG View Post
With that level of anger-management deficiency, I'd guess if he had anything worth showing, he'd have let you see it. So... Just another toothless prick.
In my experience Prius drivers have a greater prick value than average. This article seems to indicate that my experience is not atypical:
http://wheels.blogs.nytimes.com/2013...ype=blogs&_r=1
Marylander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 07:02 PM   #2391
sdmichael
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marylander View Post
In my experience Prius drivers have a greater prick value than average. This article seems to indicate that my experience is not atypical:
http://wheels.blogs.nytimes.com/2013...ype=blogs&_r=1
Eh... I've found large truck drivers (particularly those that are lifted) to be worse than the stereotypical prius driver. It is usually "I'm bigger, cooler, so move out of my way!" attitude. It is funny that those in said vehicles (and that BS "coal" crap) so against a vehicle with far better mpg than their own vehicles. Seems slightly more patriotic to be squandering less of your countries resources than some lifted "big ol' truck".
Old 07-31-2014, 09:10 PM   #2392
SlipChip
Adventure Commuter

Oddometer: 3,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by WDG View Post
I think I woke him from his blissful slumber.

“Discoveries are often made by not following instructions, by going off the main road, by trying the untried.” - Frank Tyger

"Life begins at the end of your comfort zone." - Neale Donald Walsch
SlipChip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 11:24 PM   #2393
Contevita
Cigar Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,562
Not my commute. Man, shit like this pisses me off; he should take the bus.

Contevita is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 03:36 AM   #2394
Navy Chief
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,525
Quote:
Originally Posted by Contevita View Post

Yep, sleeping or too busy texting to pay attention to what is going on around them.
Navy Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 05:13 PM   #2395
stoke
ocean minded

Oddometer: 494
Prius drivers are satanic here in coastal socal. Entitled, fussy, attitudinal, while crippled by large blind spots. Regarding their cars more like a transportation appliance vs a motor vehicle they tend to lack any interest in the art and discipline of good driving skills. They tend to be the worst offenders on my daily commute.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
stoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 07:45 PM   #2396
pinocono
Husky Dü

Oddometer: 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoke View Post
Prius drivers are satanic here in coastal socal. Entitled, fussy, attitudinal, while crippled by large blind spots. Regarding their cars more like a transportation appliance vs a motor vehicle they tend to lack any interest in the art and discipline of good driving skills. They tend to be the worst offenders on my daily commute.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
As much as I hate stereotypes, this one is right on. Y'all think Harleys are rolling roadblocks, Prius drivers will get in the HOV lanes and go 15 mph under the speed limit.
pinocono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 08:41 PM   #2397
pretbek
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 902
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinocono View Post
As much as I hate stereotypes, this one is right on. Y'all think Harleys are rolling roadblocks, Prius drivers will get in the HOV lanes and go 15 mph under the speed limit.
Are those silly Californians still hypermiling? Here most Prinses drive 75 mph with the rest of traffic.
pretbek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 09:33 PM   #2398
texag10
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 121
On my Friday rides home from work I like to take some back roads along Lake Grapevine to briefly flirt with curves. One park road in particular has a beautiful banked S curve. I've learned to enter slowly and watch for oncoming traffic, because there's no center double yellow on this road.

Sure enough, a silver BMW 3 series is entering from the opposite direction driving insanely enough that I just pull over to the walkway on the side of the road and stop with the bike in gear. As the car full of college kids home from school exit the corner, they drift almost completely into oncoming traffic. I give em and ADVRider salute and promptly turn around and chase after them. The driver stopped a few hundred yards on, and was surprisingly apologetic. We talked about how fun these roads are to drive and how dangerous it can be to overdo it. Hopefully a lesson was learned.
texag10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 10:39 PM   #2399
henshao
Bained

Oddometer: 552
Quote:
Originally Posted by Contevita View Post

I sometimes question if people are even trying to reach their destination. I would have been around that guy so fast.
henshao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 11:54 PM   #2400
stoke
ocean minded

Oddometer: 494
Quote:
Originally Posted by pretbek View Post
Are those silly Californians still hypermiling? Here most Prinses drive 75 mph with the rest of traffic.
They just don't care and feel entitled to it. Funny thing is, a Prius gets zero mpg while they sit stopped in traffic and I lanesplit past. If they actually really cared about the environment they would all be on motorcycles!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
stoke is offline   Reply With Quote