Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2011, 06:49 PM   #91
Airhead Wrangler
Adios Mexico

Oddometer: 6,272

Current rides: HPN #834, '93 R100GSPD "red rocket", '73 R75/5 Toaster mongrel, '80 Ducati Pantah 500SL, '92 DR350, '67 Honda SS50, '80 Honda Chaly.
Airhead Wrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 12:06 PM   #92
WONB2K
The Road Less Traveled

Oddometer: 292
For anyone considering this conversion I have a brand new set of 48MM WP forks. They were removed from an '05 KTM 525EXC, straight out of the crate. I'll sell them for $675 plus freight...please PM if interested.

JD
WONB2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 06:10 PM   #93
mungo57
mmm Beer

Oddometer: 14
Thumb 4860 clamps

Put me down for a set please. To suit 4860's black with stem. Many thanks for all the infomation and hard work.
mungo57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 07:46 PM   #94
Airhead Wrangler
Adios Mexico

Quote:
Originally Posted by mungo57 View Post
Put me down for a set please. To suit 4860's black with stem. Many thanks for all the infomation and hard work.
Guy has already ordered the material and is probably making them now so you might want to send him a PM (HPM Guy) as I'm not sure he's checking back here that often. Either that or try contacting him through hendersenprecision.com

Current rides: HPN #834, '93 R100GSPD "red rocket", '73 R75/5 Toaster mongrel, '80 Ducati Pantah 500SL, '92 DR350, '67 Honda SS50, '80 Honda Chaly.
Old 08-03-2011, 10:22 AM   #95
HPMGuy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 262
Hello All,

Two more have just signed up for the 4860s, which closes this order, I do not have enough material to make any more in this run.

I have all of the programming done for both types, and the material is ready to be loaded into the machine but I have had some customers send over some more pressing work so I have had to leave this project briefly. I should have this other work wrapped up and plan to start machining on the triples Aug 15th. I will keep you posted as things progress.

Thanks!
Guy
HPMGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 08:00 PM   #96
dieselcruiserhead
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,211
Question, where are people sourcing the forks for a reasonable cost, wrecked bikes? 13 year old fork should be somewhat reasonable, one would think...
dieselcruiserhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 08:42 PM   #97
SOLO LOBO OP
airhead or nothing

Oddometer: 8,475
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselcruiserhead View Post
Question, where are people sourcing the forks for a reasonable cost, wrecked bikes? 13 year old fork should be somewhat reasonable, one would think...
I've bought a number of WP Extreme's off of ebay for $75 to $225 for a pair.... only have the one I am using now, plus one good fork leg as a parts spare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagehand
your bike is suitably dirty. Well done.
SOLO LOBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 08:05 AM   #98
SOLO LOBO OP
airhead or nothing

Oddometer: 8,475
Hi Guy,

Any updates on the triples?

Also, shall I send you my KTM stem for modification?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagehand
your bike is suitably dirty. Well done.
SOLO LOBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 05:34 PM   #99
HPMGuy
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLO LOBO View Post
Hi Guy,

Any updates on the triples?

Also, shall I send you my KTM stem for modification?
I am machining them right now, should have them wrapped up the first part of next week.

Sure, send the stem down when convenient.

And for those looking for new stems, the part number listed here by R-Dubb for the proper KTM stem for this conversion does not come up on the parts computer. The nut he listed does, but not the stem PN. If someone wants to confirm that PN, or find the proper one that would be great....I could then finalize the pricing for the stem work.
Old 08-24-2011, 09:26 PM   #100
Airhead Wrangler
Adios Mexico

Old 08-25-2011, 12:40 PM   #101
dieselcruiserhead
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,211
Brought home my r80 last night. The forks are definitely lacking so truthfully I'm excited about these options...

dieselcruiserhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 10:43 AM   #102
HPMGuy
Gnarly Adventurer

I have finished the primary machining on all of the triples, and will move to the secondary ops Monday. Should have them wrapped up tuesday and off to anodizing on Wed.

Stems:

OK, pricing for turning/pressing the stems into the triple will be $35. For those interested in a new stems I will post the complete price Monday. I have had a bit of difficulty with my local KTM dealer getting the pricing/availability for this part, I will try another dealership Monday.

Anyone interested in a new stem, please PM me so I can get you on the list.
Old 08-29-2011, 02:56 PM   #103
Airhead Wrangler
Adios Mexico

Quick question for Guy,

Are you including fasteners with these or are we on our own for that? Also, if you're doing a big KTM stem order, could you order me the short bolt and any washers that go in the top of the stem as a part of that order?

Old 08-30-2011, 11:31 AM   #104
HPMGuy
Gnarly Adventurer

OK, I have the stem information. The PN posted by R-Dubb has been superceded with this PN: 54801033200. The only difference I see on the new PN stem is a slot cut into it presumably for a fork lock.

Pricing for a new stem will be $90 ea, plus the turning/pressing cost of $35 brings the total to $125. For those interested in a new stem, these will be pre-paid items (will wait to order until I receive payment.) I will PM everyone with the payment info.

For those who need a stem turned, you might want to get them boxed and on their way here. I will PM with a shipping address.

Quote:
Are you including fasteners with these or are we on our own for that? Also, if you're doing a big KTM stem order, could you order me the short bolt and any washers that go in the top of the stem as a part of that order?
I did not supply the fasteners for R-Dubb on the original run, so hadn't planned to for this one either. If you think it will be a hassle for everyone to get their hands on the right fasteners, I would consider supplying them. As far as the other parts, the bolt for the top of the stem is $27 ea, and the washer is $8. I would be happy to supply them as well to those interested, I will include this option in the PM.
Old 08-30-2011, 08:46 PM   #105
Airhead Wrangler
Adios Mexico

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPMGuy View Post
I did not supply the fasteners for R-Dubb on the original run, so hadn't planned to for this one either. If you think it will be a hassle for everyone to get their hands on the right fasteners, I would consider supplying them. As far as the other parts, the bolt for the top of the stem is $27 ea, and the washer is $8. I would be happy to supply them as well to those interested, I will include this option in the PM.
Nah, that's fine. I'm OK with finding my own fasteners. I was just curious. However, I am in for the top bolt and washer since you're already doing a big KTM parts order. (you already have my stem)