Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-30-2011, 12:29 AM   #136
OldMedic
Trouble Maker

Oddometer: 57
If you need anything in and round Grande Prairie, let me know.

We just got back from our Alaska trip (today in fact) and would love to share some info regarding points north and west.

BTW, the Best Westren in Hinton has a great Hot Tub.....

Later....OldMedic

Sick and Stupid people keep me employed
OldMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 05:24 AM   #137
soph9 OP
Bike Addict

Oddometer: 2,278
Nothing changes for me Leslie while on the road. I wake up way too early. 0430. The wifi here sux and i found my "lost" pics from yesterday. I'm being tormented by a group of chipmunks right now. I'm like I have NO food! Lol

It is sprinkling out and I want to wake Cheryl to pack up but she would kill me.

Our local paper did a great story on our trip. Will post the link when I get internet again. Really looking forward to Day 2 but we are heading into rain in Alberta. I checked out our Spotwalla page and that's pretty cool seeing our route come up as we are riding. Our Blog got a record 2000 hits yesterday. Maybe cause Triumph posted an announcement on their Facebook page.

We are going to do our best to post often with many pics. Have to work out a routine with setting up camp, cooking food and posting as well as just having "we" time. So, until next hotspot I will say cheers for now.

soph9 screwed with this post 07-01-2011 at 05:46 AM
soph9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 05:51 AM   #138
enduro0125
Sticks and Stones™..

Oddometer: 13,085
You're at a campsite and you have wi-fi.
How cool is that,sucky or not.

Nice pictures.

Oh,and that picture of Nico looks like it was taken at 7:17.
Old 06-30-2011, 09:08 AM   #139
soph9 OP
Bike Addict

Too funny about the time of the Nico picture. Just came through Rogers Pass and now in Golden,BC. We live in a very beautiful part of the world I must say. No wifi tonight we think, so hopefully in Dawson Creek we will have a big update with pics.

soph9 screwed with this post 07-01-2011 at 05:47 AM
Old 06-30-2011, 09:28 AM   #140
enduro0125
Sticks and Stones™..

Oddometer: 13,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by soph9 View Post
. We live in a very beautiful part of the world I must say.
Agreed.
My G/F's brother lives out there.
Hope to re visit in November.
Old 06-30-2011, 10:19 AM   #141
Kawikazi
Loose Cannon

Oddometer: 357
Subscribed

This should be interesting following along. I have a friend Dennis (aka XCRider) about to enter Alaska. He left from Key West Florida on a Kawasaki Versys headed to Deadhorse (RR Key West to Deadhorse on a Versys). As of this morning, we was in Dawson, probably just ahead of you. Ride safe and good luck.
Kawikazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 10:55 AM   #142
LoriKTM
Wrecking Ball

Oddometer: 1,524
Have a fantastic time on your trip and on the Tigers!
The bikes just get better as they break in.

More pics, please!
LoriKTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 11:00 AM   #143
Daytonacharlie
2 Wheeled Backpacker

Oddometer: 229
Subscribed!
Good luck, have a wonderful trip!

This guy is just ahead of you http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...4&goto=newpost maybe you'll cross paths.

Can't wait to see how your Tigers do. I want one bad but it'll have to wait till my son get done with college (2 years I hope).
One third of a gopher would only arouse my appetite without bedding it down.
Daytonacharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 01:07 PM   #144
Sasquatch
Banned

Oddometer: 4,770
Subscribed.
Sasquatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 05:22 PM   #145
Wildeman78
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Subscribed.

I am jealous, have a great ride!
Wildeman78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 08:18 PM   #146
DualSportGuy
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Trip

Have a great trip and stay safe....
DualSportGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 08:41 PM   #147
soph9 OP
Bike Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by scareraven View Post
Subscribed!
It looks to be an all timer, great cause and I would love to see how the bikes do.
I especially like the shot of Cheryl Grinding the foot plate in shorts. My moto is safety third!
Best of luck!
NOT the best idea! I don't recommend it!!! lolol

soph9 screwed with this post 06-30-2011 at 10:01 PM
Old 06-30-2011, 08:48 PM   #148
soph9 OP
Bike Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by soph9 View Post
Nothing changes for me Leslie while on the road. I wake up way too early. 0430. The wifi here sux and i found my "lost" pics from yesterday. I'm being tormented by a group of chipmuncks right now. I'm like I have NO food! Lol

It is sprinkling out and I want to wake Cheryl to pack up but she would kill me.

Our local paper did a great story on our trip. Will post the link when I get internet again. Really looking forward to Day 2 but we are heading into rain in Alberta. I checked out our Spotwalla page and that's pretty cool seeing our route come up as we are riding. Our Blog got a record 2000 hits yesterday. Maybe cause Triumph posted an announcement on their Facebook page.

We are going to do our best to post often with many pics. Have to work out a routine with setting up camp, cooking food and posting as well as just having "we" time. So, until next hotspot I will say cheers for now.
AHEM! I was up, and had the sleeping bags, thermarests, tent etc ALL packed up by the time Leslie wandered back to our site! sheeesh!

soph9 screwed with this post 06-30-2011 at 10:02 PM
Old 06-30-2011, 09:18 PM   #149
soph9 OP
Bike Addict

Rocky mountain high - 520.8 km

Routes 1 - 93 - 16

Before we forget from last night before bedtime, once again Cheryl showing me how to pack things away the right way. In this case our stools.

and what better view of our bike then from inside our tent

Early start this morning at 0500. Wanted to get the camp broken down before the rain started. During our delicious breakfast of peanut butter and raisin oatmeal in a bag

we had a visit from a very cheeky chipmunk.

Cheeky Chipmunk

Reorganized our stuff and and packed up by 0700 and off we were towards Hinton, BC not before we had a chance to meet a little family of ducks at the campground.

First pit stop was Rogers Pass in very cold (6 degrees Celsius) rainy weather. We managed to stay dry and warm wearing our KLIM gear and Gerbring heated liner and gloves. Heated grips would have been nice, but OH well…they were not installed.

Heading towards Banff National Park there were so man views to die for. We have been through this area many times before but not at this time of year. As a matter of fact we were here last year in August. The snow and cool temperature changes while riding were impressive and so were the mountains. Most of the day there were many low clouds that allowed to get a peak or two at the summits. Just an amazing area for any rider to visit.

We will just let the pictures speak for themselves!

Banff and Jasper National Parks were full of no surprises. Beautiful views, crazy outrageous weather and really nice roads to ride. One thing too many cars!

In Banff National Park this is how cold it was…

Seriously we could have stopped every mile and just took pictures. Breath taking and the smells of the forest were amazing. So much cedar. No real wildlife yet. Just a cute deer but that is not a bad thing, less things to worry about hitting.

The Famous Columbia Ice fields – Glaciers and tacky tourists can even take a bus tour on to the glacier!

We cruised through Jasper wanting to get to Hinton. Tomorrow is a BIG day. Last year on the last few days of our cross country trip we came through Hinton on our way to Clearwater, BC. There is the turn off for the scenic Alaska Highway right outside Hinton. Last year in August we were tempted to turn right after 4 weeks on the road and head to Alaska and not go back to work. Well, this year we are back and will be turning and making that right to head NORTH to explore territory that neither one of has ever been. The real ADVENTURE truly begins July 1st, 2011 Canada Day!

HAPPY CANADA DAY EVERYONE TOMORROW!

soph9 screwed with this post 07-01-2011 at 05:57 AM
Old 06-30-2011, 09:43 PM   #150
opaque_machete
girls wanna have fun

Oddometer: 630
Absolutely beautiful pictures! I am in awe of the countryside around you. We don't see many snow-tipped mountains around here. Just easy sloping dual sport mountains. Ride safe and take lots of pics. Especially the new road you will be taking!

Happy Canada Day!
May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house. -George Carlin
Two Wheel Females.com
opaque_machete is offline   Reply With Quote