ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-16-2013, 07:38 PM   #1081
soph9 OP
Bike Addict
 
soph9's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Maple Ridge, BC Canada
Oddometer: 2,303
thanks mjindy for stopping by this now oldish report. Once we got on the road and got into a routine doing a live report became part of the trip and was actually really fun. I like coming back and reading it because it reminds of how fortunate we were and are. Update...after 16 years together as common law we got got married...August 14th 2013.







again thanks for reading our RR.
soph9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 08:15 PM   #1082
gallinastrips
Studly Adventurer
 
gallinastrips's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Taos NM
Oddometer: 701
__________________
RIDE ON
gallinastrips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 07:59 AM   #1083
mjindy
oldfriend
 
Joined: Jun 2013
Location: INDY
Oddometer: 5
Beautiful!

[QUOTE=soph9;22569515]thanks mjindy for stopping by this now oldish report. Once we got on the road and got into a routine doing a live report became part of the trip and was actually really fun. I like coming back and reading it because it reminds of how fortunate we were and are. Update...after 16 years together as common law we got got married...August 14th 2013.

Being a retired Indy police officer (31 years) and 11 years working at a large hospital (safety & security) I feel I share a brotherhood with you two. What a beautiful wedding picture. Congratulations and may you have many many years of happiness and many more ride reports.
mjindy
PS love the new bikes!
mjindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 08:13 AM   #1084
soph9 OP
Bike Addict
 
soph9's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Maple Ridge, BC Canada
Oddometer: 2,303
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjindy View Post

Being a retired Indy police officer (31 years) and 11 years working at a large hospital (safety & security) I feel I share a brotherhood with you two. What a beautiful wedding picture. Congratulations and may you have many many years of happiness and many more ride reports.
mjindy
PS love the new bikes!
thank you again....
soph9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 09:46 AM   #1085
y0y02369
Beastly Adventurer
 
y0y02369's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Location: Bay Area
Oddometer: 1,126
Quote:
Originally Posted by soph9 View Post
Update...after 16 years together as common law we got got married...August 14th 2013.

I haven't finished reading this yet... school and work get in the way but i kinda cheated and went to the end. But i am really looking forward to reading it all through once midterms are over.

But most importantly, CONGRATULATIONS!! i'm a straight male but find this truly a beautiful thing! Enjoy your lives to the fullest and i look forward to reading your RR!
__________________
Drive?! Why?! Cars have too many wheels... just makes me feel... awkwardly stable... I'll ride thank you!v
Not knowing where you are going in part of the adventure! :loll
Daisy the Tiger and Frenchie
y0y02369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 10:04 AM   #1086
RevyRider
Gnarly Adventurer
 
RevyRider's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: Revelstoke, BC
Oddometer: 115
Congratulations

Soph9, Cheryl and Leslie

Excellent ride report, I followed it while it was current and enjoyed it. I look forward to your next one.

Congratulations on your wedding, best wish's for you both. Great to see you and the other Members dressed in Surge Uniforms. A special day you will treasure for a long time.

Cheers
__________________
Ron

98 HD FXDWG
Revelstoke, BC.
RevyRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 10:24 AM   #1087
g.neuf
Old Guy
 
Joined: May 2012
Location: Kelowna BC
Oddometer: 5
Just finished reading your entire trip report, and really enjoyed it.

Planning to be in Prudhoe Bay next July, so it was great.

What kind of fuel range to you get with the Tigers, and was it every an issue.

I ride a KTM 990, and it is rather partial to high test

GNeuf

Kelowna BC
g.neuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 11:00 AM   #1088
soph9 OP
Bike Addict
 
soph9's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Maple Ridge, BC Canada
Oddometer: 2,303
The bikes were brand new so mpg was not all that great when we rode them at hi revs or high speeds. We got the best mileage when we had to slow down. We always had an extra 2 gallons each of gas up there. You never know even if you show up at a station if they will have gas. Bring some fuel stabilizer most places do not have hi quality gas.
soph9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 11:02 AM   #1089
soph9 OP
Bike Addict
 
soph9's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Maple Ridge, BC Canada
Oddometer: 2,303
Quote:
Originally Posted by y0y02369 View Post
I haven't finished reading this yet... school and work get in the way but i kinda cheated and went to the end. But i am really looking forward to reading it all through once midterms are over.

But most importantly, CONGRATULATIONS!! i'm a straight male but find this truly a beautiful thing! Enjoy your lives to the fullest and i look forward to reading your RR!
Thanks straight male! Seriously nice of you to say and thanks for taking a look at the RR
soph9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 11:03 AM   #1090
y0y02369
Beastly Adventurer
 
y0y02369's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Location: Bay Area
Oddometer: 1,126
Quote:
Originally Posted by soph9 View Post
Thanks straight male!
__________________
Drive?! Why?! Cars have too many wheels... just makes me feel... awkwardly stable... I'll ride thank you!v
Not knowing where you are going in part of the adventure! :loll
Daisy the Tiger and Frenchie
y0y02369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 11:24 AM   #1091
soph9 OP
Bike Addict
 
soph9's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Maple Ridge, BC Canada
Oddometer: 2,303
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevyRider View Post
Soph9, Cheryl and Leslie

Excellent ride report, I followed it while it was current and enjoyed it. I look forward to your next one.

Congratulations on your wedding, best wish's for you both. Great to see you and the other Members dressed in Surge Uniforms. A special day you will treasure for a long time.

Cheers
The honor guard is what made us cry. And having us on our bikes made total sense
soph9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 09:39 PM   #1092
MGV8
Adventurer
 
MGV8's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Canoe BC
Oddometer: 86
Congratulations on the wedding, you guys look great together. Congrats on the new bikes, they are great aren't they? I loved the ride report. I was lurking as you guys were posting it, planning my own rides, but come on it's been almost two years how about another I hope you have plans for those new rides, I need inspiration.
Brian
Canoe BC
MGV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 10:40 PM   #1093
soph9 OP
Bike Addict
 
soph9's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Maple Ridge, BC Canada
Oddometer: 2,303
thanks for your nice comment...I have lots of plans but Cheryl has changed her "career" within the RCMP and is in a very intensive apprenticeship until April 2014 we hope. Then...and only then can I speak about my trip plans...I have one planned I hope for May...but will keep it a secret until I know we can go...yeah two years later and I still come back to the RR and reminisce because it was such as good time Alaska.

So....who knows but hoping I will have something to post live and do another RR in the near future. Oh, thanks for the weddings congrats! After 16 years together we figure what the hell.
soph9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 11:02 PM   #1094
oldtrout
Gnarly Adventurer
 
oldtrout's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Delta/, Cariboo BC
Oddometer: 168
Belated congrats to you two !!

Hope you find many years of happiness together. (A good start already !)

What's next on the travel list ?? Always tuned in.

Cheers,
Logan.
__________________
Spratley. Dr. Spratley.
oldtrout is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 11:03 PM   #1095
soph9 OP
Bike Addict
 
soph9's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Maple Ridge, BC Canada
Oddometer: 2,303
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtrout View Post
Belated congrats to you two !!

Hope you find many years of happiness together. (A good start already !)

What's next on the travel list ?? Always tuned in.

Cheers,
Logan.
You will find out when we do ....and thanks!!!!!!
soph9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 05:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014