Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Hacks
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-22-2011, 06:39 AM   #91
RidingDonkeys
Purveyor of Awesome

Oddometer: 7,764
So yesterday I'm riding home from grabbing the NA Wild Card tag and decided to drop it in a place downtown. I live in a cool little town with a bustling little Main street. I'm riding through, speed limit 20mph, and a couple of high school age girls wave as I pass. My first thought was "why aren't they in school" but I waved and kept on driving. No big deal.

Last night, I needed to run a few errands, and a stop at Michael's for Liquid Stitch was on the agenda. I'm wondering aimlessly thought the store, ATGATT, looking like a fool when a group of teenage girls really start to annoy me. They're talking loud, giggling, and blocking aisles that I need to clear off the lists as suspects. I can navigate a Lowe's blindfolded and drunk, but put me in a crafts store, and I go into full idiot mode.

So I barge thought the roadblock, noticing that one of the girls looked familiar, and eventually find my liquid stitch. After checking out, I start to walk out and find the gaggle of jailbait crowded around Boris the Ural, led by the teenage girl I had waved at earlier in the day. "Oh, shit! I hate teenage girls."

I kind of stand there for a few seconds, pondering my next course of action, thinking to myself that there is no way any of them drove there themselves. Daddy is lurking somewhere, and if I were him, I'd shoot me too.

So I decided to wait out the storm in the grocery store. It turned out to be a perfect excuse to study the beer selection and try something new.

I'll talk to anybody about a Ural, anybody but annoying teenage girls.
Old 11-22-2011, 10:16 AM   #92
KneeDrachen
MORE COWBELL!!!

Oddometer: 1,088
Quote:
Originally Posted by RidingDonkeys View Post
So yesterday I'm riding home from grabbing the NA Wild Card tag and decided to drop it in a place downtown. I live in a cool little town with a bustling little Main street. I'm riding through, speed limit 20mph, and a couple of high school age girls wave as I pass. My first thought was "why aren't they in school" but I waved and kept on driving. No big deal.

Last night, I needed to run a few errands, and a stop at Michael's for Liquid Stitch was on the agenda. I'm wondering aimlessly thought the store, ATGATT, looking like a fool when a group of teenage girls really start to annoy me. They're talking loud, giggling, and blocking aisles that I need to clear off the lists as suspects. I can navigate a Lowe's blindfolded and drunk, but put me in a crafts store, and I go into full idiot mode.

So I barge thought the roadblock, noticing that one of the girls looked familiar, and eventually find my liquid stitch. After checking out, I start to walk out and find the gaggle of jailbait crowded around Boris the Ural, led by the teenage girl I had waved at earlier in the day. "Oh, shit! I hate teenage girls."

I kind of stand there for a few seconds, pondering my next course of action, thinking to myself that there is no way any of them drove there themselves. Daddy is lurking somewhere, and if I were him, I'd shoot me too.

So I decided to wait out the storm in the grocery store. It turned out to be a perfect excuse to study the beer selection and try something new.

ankle bracelet vibrating again???

Old 11-22-2011, 10:22 AM   #93
DCrider
Live from THE Hill

Oddometer: 3,989
like many others, when I had the Ural gas stops were 20min and stoplights full of comments or long stares, kids particularly like to wave. Was lots of fun, but for my riding needs just impracticle so carrying costs not worth it. Maybe get another some day.
Old 11-22-2011, 10:47 AM   #94
Montague
UDF Adventurer

Oddometer: 655
Quote:
Originally Posted by RidingDonkeys View Post

Last night, I needed to run a few errands, and a stop at Michael's for Liquid Stitch was on the agenda. I'm wondering aimlessly thought the store, ATGATT, looking like a fool .................................................. .................................................. ..........................snippy.................. .......................

Yep, that is my problem too, I get so darned annoyed when those PYTs (pretty young things) wave and smile or ask for rides.

It was annoying enough that I now carry a spare helmet with me at all times.

Darned kids!
Montague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 06:40 PM   #95
rxcoop
persnickety curmedgeon

Oddometer: 1,672
hey, at least you wont get mistaken for jerry sandusky (is it too early yet ??)
<applicant for "Official Pharmacist of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame" (r)>
rxcoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 09:35 AM   #96
Montague
UDF Adventurer

Oddometer: 655
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxcoop View Post
hey, at least you wont get mistaken for jerry sandusky (is it too early yet ??)
No problems there, no teenage boys involved, only PYT over 18 (that's what she told me, honest, really)
Montague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 05:54 AM   #97
Prizrak
MonkeyButt

Oddometer: 74
Confirm

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroEngineer View Post
If you're single guy, I can imagine having a sidecar would be like shooting fish in a barrel...Even easier if you bring a dog. Of course I waited until after I was married to buy mine.

You better believe it. Roll into town, one time through main coffee/bistro section, then circle back and park. Count: one, two, three, four, and watch them roll up and initiate the conversations. Guinness (my dog) was #1 Wingman for two years, after which one fine young woman agreed to marry me, for some reason I cannot understand.

These days, I'm planning on my son joining me in a couple years (he's two now). In the meantime, the constant thread that is hacking persists...

Prizrak screwed with this post 11-24-2011 at 05:56 AM Reason: Pic too large
Prizrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 08:18 AM   #98
RidingDonkeys
Purveyor of Awesome

Oddometer: 7,764
Quote:
Originally Posted by KneeDrachen View Post
ankle bracelet vibrating again???

How did you know about that? You pick up one girl off a high school field trip and next thing you know you're branded for life....
Old 11-24-2011, 12:56 PM   #99
Horton
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 447
In Romania, two years ago, a train drive blow his horn and wave to us on our hack. During this holiday I wa sthinking about, to change the Colour of my hack.

Everywere we park it, people taken photographs. And my monkey isn't Kim Basinger. . .

They taken pictures out of a overtakong bus in England. Out of cars. The taken photos with there wife and the hack. . .

A BoFo Inmate and me, talk about meeting in Iceland. We miss us. I say sorry, not to see him there. He reply, "we miss us, but I meet people the saw your hack. . ."

Sometimes funny, sometimes boring. . .

dä rumtreibär
Horton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 04:42 PM   #100
oldmanriver1951
Adventurer

Oddometer: 46
pull over bubba!

A few weeks...or was it months ago? I mis-remember...growing old fogs the neurons...anyway...running down a side road...notorious for cops hiding in the bushes ...so doing the discreet 25 mph..when this behemoth of a 4X4, chromed grill with 'fangs'....smoked glass, hi-rider, exterior side riser mufflers, belching diesel smoke, revving, braking, revving, horn honking....lights flashing...I tend to ignore such antics...I'm doing the speed limit...if you wanna go fast...pass my slow old butt and be done with it.....Come to a red light, guy leans out of the window and hollers...pull over in that parking lot!...Um...I don't think so...horn still honking, we make it to the light, he jumps out...er...down from the truck and runs up to me and points to a bar parking lot..."I wanna talk to you...now!"....So..I figure...what the heck?...so I pull in, making sure that I have an exit strategy... He jumps out and down from his behemoth truck and he becomes all smiles, and starts cussin' a blue streak about how frickin' cool that bike is!...etc...yadda yadda yadda...Gets out his phone, taking pictures, runs into the bar...which is a biker bar of some reknown...and pulls a bunch of bikers with him...pointing and clicking away.....meanwhile I continue to answer questions, and they continue to look at every little detail, and ask and ask and ask...and as a avid Ural owner...I answer all the questions...lol They bought me one heck of a supper! You just never know!
Old 12-01-2011, 07:34 PM   #101
madeouttaglass
The AntiHarley

Oddometer: 3,157
Excellent story.

Escape from NY- http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=955520
madeouttaglass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 07:45 AM   #102
matman1972
Lost in the woods.

Oddometer: 711
I ran into a guy from the Ukraine in the Lowes parking lot. He was all excited to actually see a 650 ural. Took pics with his phone and sent them to his brother. Says he use to ride his dad's around as a kid. He and his brother are restoring volgas.
Confusion to our enemies.Zaphod for president!!
matman1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 01:02 PM   #103
whitham_wannabe
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 949
My best so far was being corned by a guy in Chelan, who turned out to be a local reporter. Bruce's fame quotient increased.

Travels With Bruce : More Travels With Bruce
whitham_wannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 08:44 PM   #104
RideMofoRide
n00b

Oddometer: 2
At the parking lot car show, my dog keeps the gawkers at bay. My favorite thing to do is walk up and stand beside them and ask "what the hell is that?"

'75 Dnepr MT-9
Attached Images

RideMofoRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 12:25 PM   #105
ClearwaterBMW OP
The Examiner

Oddometer: 5,972
glad that you finally posted
great rig
LOVE your story
i truly hope that you will become a much more active member of this fine community
please
thanks for sharing
Live life like you mean it... but take your family and friends (and DOGS) along for the "ride"
ClearwaterBMW is offline   Reply With Quote