User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2013, 11:10 AM   #436
eastman
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Thumb

I discovered this thread yesterday, I just finished watching all the videos first, I will have to go back and read the texts later. Absolutely amazing videos, it really inspires me to do some long travel in the future.
eastman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 10:23 PM   #437
Benduro
None more black.

Oddometer: 2,092
Visiting the worlds tallest sugar pine

photo P1010570.jpg

photo P1010570.jpg

Lol. Maybe Oregon's tallest Sugar Pine! In the Rockefeller Grove in Yosemite Nat'l Park, we have probably 20 + Pinus Lembertianas that are taller than that. The tallest is 294 ish feet. Elsewhere in California, the Whelen Tree, and the Bear Creek Giant are 11 feet in diameter!

SimonPig, great RR. I've enjoyed every little bit of it. Thank you for putting all that time into the updates for us.
Old 12-04-2013, 10:41 AM   #438
bmwgo
I love moto's

Oddometer: 183
Watched all of them last night, great music, very entertaining and now I see a trip coming for me. Thank goodness my wife understands my moto addictions.

Thank you man that was outstanding to watch. I yelled at you to stay to the right in the mud before you went down.
bmwgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 01:07 PM   #439
Gordon and Toni
Easy Livin

Oddometer: 407
Just awesome thanks a bunch.. Enjoyed your RR to the extreme..

Much respect my man that ain't easy to do. Especially by your self.

Safe Travels Gordon and Toni

2009 HD Road King from Ohio to Alaska and back..
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=933871
Gordon and Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 02:25 PM   #440
drdubb
OFWG

Oddometer: 362
Just saw this for the first time myself. Enjoyed it immensely. Just wondering, where do you find music you can use? I'm clueless on how to find music I like that I can put to videos w/o violating copyright.
'71 SL 350 - Honda
drdubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 01:39 PM   #441
simonpig OP
packin' heat

Oddometer: 1,060
Finding free music is easy, just google Creative Commons Music and you will find some downloads. The hard part is finding music to fit your artistic endeavor. Personally, I don't think there is anything wrong with using big time music as long you credit the artist and are not using it for profit. The RIAA on the other hand doesn't think so.

Here's a link to sources... go forth and prosper
https://creativecommons.org/legalmusicforvideos

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdubb View Post
Just saw this for the first time myself. Enjoyed it immensely. Just wondering, where do you find music you can use? I'm clueless on how to find music I like that I can put to videos w/o violating copyright.
Old 12-10-2013, 07:43 PM   #442
Ptjeep
Adventurer

Oddometer: 22
Simonpig, awesome RR! I thoroughly enjoyed the pics and vids. Got a question though. On your ride home and probably on your ride to the start, I'm assuming you logged some serious highway/interstate miles. Just wondering how you dealt with the winds blowing your helmet around at high speeds? When i get my 650L up past 55ish, the wind blows my helmet around pretty bad and I couldn't imagine fighting that all day. Just curious.
Ptjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 09:20 PM   #443
simonpig OP
packin' heat

Oddometer: 1,060
I settle into a tuck position, when I'm blasting down the freeway. I sit farther back and get low. Usually, I alternate hanging my butt off one side or the other so I don't get sore.

My head and visor is also pointed down so it doesn't catch the wind. I've gotten use to riding this way. I'm almost never sitting squarely on the seat, unless I'm doing some technical riding and need to be locked into proper riding position—in which case I'm standing up mostly anyway.

People who have ridden behind me have remarked that I look like I'm sleeping on the bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptjeep View Post
Simonpig, awesome RR! I thoroughly enjoyed the pics and vids. Got a question though. On your ride home and probably on your ride to the start, I'm assuming you logged some serious highway/interstate miles. Just wondering how you dealt with the winds blowing your helmet around at high speeds? When i get my 650L up past 55ish, the wind blows my helmet around pretty bad and I couldn't imagine fighting that all day. Just curious.
Old 12-13-2013, 11:04 PM   #444
reustle
Explorer

Oddometer: 9
Loved your videos Simon! I've been eyeing up a larger gas tank and some luggage for my WR, think it might be time to start prepping for a summer trip.

2008 Yamaha WR250r
2009 Suzuki DRZ400sm
reustle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 07:04 PM   #445
i4bikes
Adventurer

Oddometer: 41
I'm going to drag this post up from the past just because of the great vids.
i4bikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 07:09 PM   #446
swimmer
armchair asshole

Oddometer: 4,314
Fantastic ride report. Thanks for sharing.
swimmer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:39 PM   #447
ACR
Adventurer

Oddometer: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDogAdventures View Post
That picture is almost my favorite picture of me and GasPipes Western TAT. Out in the middle of nowhere we had just opened and closed a wire gate---and there they were.

Mark
That's a very unique experience, maybe you were caught up in a time warp. The photo is remarkable, and would look great on an enlarged canvas.

Currently somewhere around page camping at the moonlit canyon. Thanks for the detailed ride report simonpig. Always enjoy reading about the TAT adventures.
ACR is offline   Reply With Quote