Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2014, 11:48 AM   #271
Moto Mikey
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 440
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acampao View Post
Call Cristopher at +56 9 8405 8166. He is a former BMW dealer mechanic and has been doing great service to my RT for a couple of years.
Do you have his email? I don't have a Chilean sim card.
Moto Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 02:33 PM   #272
tridente
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Parking in Santiago

Hello Adv Riders,

I am touring Argentina and Chile by car. I am looking for parking space for about three months from late May 2014...any advise or suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Alfonso
tridente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 08:55 AM   #273
ejtv
Per ipsum

Oddometer: 1,351
Question Questions re adv riding in Chile

Background: I live in the US, Chicago area, and am considering a move to Santiago de Chile for employment reasons. I have a Super Tenere 1200 for general multi-day adv travel, a KTM EXC 500 for more rugged multi-day single track riding and a beta trials bike for playing around. I generally camp on my multi day trips. Questions for those natives or expats living in Santiago or who are very familiar about the area:

1) What adv bike or bikes do you own or would consider owning given the riding opportunities out of Santiago/Central Chile AND given availability of parts and service?

2) Are there opportunities for single-track type riding in the central region of Chile?

3) Should I sell my bikes here and purchase new/used bike/bikes in Santiago or should I import my bike/bikes to Chile?

Thank you!

Road Reports by ejtv click here
ejtv is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 10:12 AM   #274
Alcides
F800 GS Trophy

Oddometer: 20
My friend, Chile is a wonderfull country for riding. You can find a lot of different track, routes, places to visit, etc. You can ride almost the whole year.

Here one of the most popular bikes for adv riding is of course BMW. You can also find Yamaha Super Tenere and Tenere 600, KTM, Ducatti, Honda, etc. You can join several facebook groups and also for forums like www.gstrail.cl which you are welcome to join eventhogh you don't ride a BMW.

Your bikes, as you are going to enter the country work and you will get a citizen card you can bring your bike with you which I recomend.

Fell free to contact me for more questions.

Enviado desde mi GT-P7510 mediante Tapatalk

F800 GS Trophy 12
F650 GS Dakar 06
Alcides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 03:03 PM   #275
Quikegeo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 166
Cant import used bikes

Hi there,

I have a F800gs and I think is a great bike to move around here in Chile.

About your bikes, I recomend you to sell those and buy another one here, this is beacuse in Chile you can´t import used bikes. I came here on my G650GS from Costa Rica and they didn´t let me import the bike. So I had to ship it back to Costa Rica, sell it and buy another one here. Sorry about that.

Good luck and welcome to off road paradise :)
Quikegeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 08:47 AM   #276
Alcides
F800 GS Trophy

I did know about in Chile you can not import used bikes, but I thouth you can bring your own stuff if you come with a legal job contract. I think you are able to bring your car also, but I will check with my import agent and will advice. Sorry If I am wrong about it.

I have

F800 GS Trophy 12
F650 GS Dakar 06
Old 07-13-2014, 12:54 PM   #277
Quikegeo
Gnarly Adventurer

Hi Alcides,

I tried that too... but only a Chilean can do it if proof that have been out of the country for at least a year.

That´s what they told me in customs. Maybe they change that already. Ask anyway, just in case ;)
Pura vida,
Enrique
Old 07-14-2014, 07:19 AM   #278
ejtv
Per ipsum

Oddometer: 1,351
Re exporting used vehicles to Chile by expats

From www.aduanas.cl, FAQ, http://www.aduana.cl/preguntas-frecu...txt_cuerpo_T11

Answer, as an expat, you can bring your used bike to Chile via a permit for one year renewable only once for a total of two tears. After that, you must export your bike elsewhere. You must pay a tax to bring in. Plus, of course, shipping costs. I assume after all of that is payed, you are better off buying upon arrival and selling upon leaving Chile.

5. ¿Existe alguna franquicia tributaria que permita ingresar mi vehículo particular, si soy extranjero y estoy en Chile con visa de trabajo?

No existen beneficios tributarios para los ciudadanos extranjeros que deseen ingresar su vehículo usado a Chile, es más, la importación de vehículos usados se encuentra prohibida. Sólo se pueden importar vehículos nuevos, sin uso, del último año y modelo de fabricación, y con cero kilómetros o con el kilometraje necesario y suficiente para el traslado del vehículo desde el vendedor extranjero hasta el puerto de destino en Chile.

No obstante, podrá internar temporalmente el vehículo usado mediante el régimen de Admisión Temporal, por el plazo de un año, prorrogable por un año más, debiendo retornarlo al extranjero antes del vencimiento del plazo autorizado. Los vehículos ingresados mediante este régimen deberán pagar una tasa, no recuperable, cuyo monto será un porcentaje variable sobre el total de los gravámenes aduaneros e impuestos que afectarían su importación, determinado según el plazo que el vehículo vaya a permanecer en el país.

Road Reports by ejtv click here
ejtv is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 09:30 AM   #279
ChileGS
ChileGSer

Oddometer: 41
Chile

Yes it is possible to bring in a bike temporarily. THEORETICALLY
But as a Canadian who has lived 15 plus years in Chile under 3 occasions, and have started a business here, i strongly caution you not to try it.

Transport and customs fees will greatly exceed your cost of buying and selling and the officials will torture you every step of the way.
ChileGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 11:12 AM   #280
Alcides
F800 GS Trophy

If you come for less than two years I think is better bring your own. Here, compared to the US market, I believe it is not cheap to buy a big trail and avd bike. Good luck!

F800 GS Trophy 12
F650 GS Dakar 06
Old 07-15-2014, 04:18 PM   #281
Alcides
F800 GS Trophy

Ufff, with this repky there is nothing more to say....

F800 GS Trophy 12
F650 GS Dakar 06
Old 07-24-2014, 10:47 AM   #282
mistico
Adventurer

Oddometer: 12
We'll both Chilean(wife and I) and will be riding from California to Tierra del Fuego starting September 1st 2014. Would be cool to meet some people along the way. We have friends and family scattered across the country.
mistico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 07:22 AM   #283
Quikegeo
Gnarly Adventurer

Crossing Lago de Todos los Santos- going to Bariloche

Hi everybody,

I am planning to go to Bariloche from Puerto Montt, using the Paso fronterizo Perez Rosales.

I understand I have to take a ferry from Petrohue to Peulla and then take another ferry at the Argentinan side.

There´s anybody have information about the ferrry company, prices, and schedule?

Thanks in advance!

Enrique
Old 08-15-2014, 09:38 AM   #284
CirkusBoy
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Looking for rentals and routes

Hola mis amigos Chilenos!

I'm visiting Santiago for the next month and a half with work and have a couple of days off here and there. I would love to rent a bike and find some beautiful riding outside of the city. I could go to the beach or the mountains. Either way would be a good adventure.

PM me if you have any connections or suggestions for rentals or routes. I would be happy to link up and ride with some locals. No one knows the roads like you.

THanks!
--b
CirkusBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 02:30 PM   #285
chelo5sur
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quikegeo View Post
Hi everybody,

I am planning to go to Bariloche from Puerto Montt, using the Paso fronterizo Perez Rosales.

I understand I have to take a ferry from Petrohue to Peulla and then take another ferry at the Argentinan side.

There´s anybody have information about the ferrry company, prices, and schedule?

Thanks in advance!

Enrique

ferryboats company
http://www.turistour.com/tour/es/exc...-andino-detail
chelo5sur is offline   Reply With Quote