ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Latin America
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-19-2011, 05:38 AM   #31
BjoernTheH OP
Chile
 
BjoernTheH's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: Chile South America
Oddometer: 115
Well that sounds like a plan for me!!!
looking forward to go riding soon then
nice pic's from the island btw
cheers
B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICERIDER View Post
P.s.: why dont you show us some pictures of your island?
I'm starting to get serious now about preparing my bike for Dakar. And myself....I need to learn Spanish and loose a few KG!

Keep riding.[/QUOTE]
__________________
________________________________________________

ADV Riders in Chile
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=699272

BjoernTheH screwed with this post 10-19-2011 at 06:36 AM
BjoernTheH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 09:44 PM   #32
GastonUSAChile
Studly Adventurer
 
GastonUSAChile's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Miami,USA
Oddometer: 771
Container on December 2nd on its way from L.A. to Valparaiso- Chile

Guys!!

The Container is starting to get ready with riders .We have a few people ready to go.

ICERIDER, be ready for the end of October commitment. I am sending a letter to everyone including all the preparations needed for November.

There is place yet and possible a 40ft Container since 'COACH' is taking a BMW with sidecar together. Remember November 10th is due time and December 1st or 2nd vessel departing to Valparaiso from L.A.

Check here for more details http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=726052

Let me know !!!
__________________
SAmericaXplorer
Export/Import Adventure Logistics
Motorbikes & Overland Vehicles

US SHIPPING Now open: JUNE-JULY 2014 Share Container CHILE to MIAMI or HOUSTON
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=741582 www.samericaxplorer.net
GastonUSAChile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 09:58 AM   #33
BjoernTheH OP
Chile
 
BjoernTheH's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: Chile South America
Oddometer: 115
Biker Meeting point Pucon

Just heard that the Biergarten in Pucon is reopening for this season on the weekend of the 12th of November.

Parking for the bikes in front of the beergarden for this season - looking forward to that and loads of fellow riders to

hear your lies and plan tours over some beers and Bratwurst

Just ask for Uli or Elke, both enduro enthusiasts and speak German, English and Spanish

Cheers
B.
__________________
________________________________________________

ADV Riders in Chile
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=699272
BjoernTheH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 05:41 PM   #34
webfootrider
Gnarly Adventurer
 
webfootrider's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2002
Location: Portland, OR
Oddometer: 155
La Serena to Pisco Elqui

Greetings Chilean riders. I'm traveling with family and I'm planing a trip to Pisco Elqui from the Vina / Valpo area via La Serena in a couple of weeks. Unfortunately I will be in a car. Google maps tells me I can't get to Pisco Elqui from La Serena by following Ruta 41 (the road abruptly ends in the middle of a lake on google maps ). Bing and mapquest both route me directly to Pisco Elqui on Ruta CH41. The online maps from http://www.mapas.mop.cl shows CH41 going through with no breaks.

Can one of you locals clarify whether the road goes through or not?

Thanks
webfootrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 04:32 PM   #35
BjoernTheH OP
Chile
 
BjoernTheH's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: Chile South America
Oddometer: 115
Hey webfootrider
there is a perfectly built road from La Serena to Pisco Elqui - loads of nice views and places to stop.
have a stop at Vicuña from where you can have a night trip to the Mamalluca Observatory. http://www.mamalluca.org/ingles/
enjoy your trip and Cheers from the South
B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by webfootrider View Post
Greetings Chilean riders. I'm traveling with family and I'm planing a trip to Pisco Elqui from the Vina / Valpo area via La Serena in a couple of weeks. Unfortunately I will be in a car. Google maps tells me I can't get to Pisco Elqui from La Serena by following Ruta 41 (the road abruptly ends in the middle of a lake on google maps ). Bing and mapquest both route me directly to Pisco Elqui on Ruta CH41. The online maps from http://www.mapas.mop.cl shows CH41 going through with no breaks.

Can one of you locals clarify whether the road goes through or not?

Thanks
__________________
________________________________________________

ADV Riders in Chile
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=699272
BjoernTheH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 09:12 AM   #36
webfootrider
Gnarly Adventurer
 
webfootrider's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2002
Location: Portland, OR
Oddometer: 155
Thanks, Bjoern, I appreciate the confirmation. We're heading out there for star gazing and plan a stop at the observatory.
Cheers
webfootrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 12:36 PM   #37
BjoernTheH OP
Chile
 
BjoernTheH's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: Chile South America
Oddometer: 115
great, good luck, maybe you want to post some pics later on
pisco factory is a must do too if you are in the region
cheers
B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by webfootrider View Post
Thanks, Bjoern, I appreciate the confirmation. We're heading out there for star gazing and plan a stop at the observatory.
Cheers
__________________
________________________________________________

ADV Riders in Chile
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=699272
BjoernTheH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 03:10 AM   #38
Gsteven
adventure gloggy
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Location: Amsterdam/Seven Seas
Oddometer: 49
santiago to osorno, what are the must ride roads

Hi guys,
I am coming to Santiago today from San Juan, getting new tires and heading south to Osorno. Any must see things or must ride roads? Looking forward to your input,
Steven
www.stevenisgoingsouth.blogspot.com
Gsteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 11:32 AM   #39
BjoernTheH OP
Chile
 
BjoernTheH's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: Chile South America
Oddometer: 115
Hope you got my PM
cheers
B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsteven View Post
Hi guys,
I am coming to Santiago today from San Juan, getting new tires and heading south to Osorno. Any must see things or must ride roads? Looking forward to your input,
Steven
www.stevenisgoingsouth.blogspot.com
__________________
________________________________________________

ADV Riders in Chile
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=699272
BjoernTheH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 06:48 PM   #40
FotoTEX
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Granbury Texas
Oddometer: 2,711
Puerto Varas outside Puerto Montt and close to Osorno is a nice little village with great places to stay and eat. The road towards Hornipiren from Puerto Montt is a nice gravel road with a nice ferry crossing across fjord like scenery. The empanadas at the ferry on the north side are good.
FotoTEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 04:46 AM   #41
Callao3181
n00b
 
Joined: Nov 2011
Oddometer: 2
Hola, Folks

Just stumbled across this thread and what a treat! I am living and working in Santiago, and my ride is an f800gs. Have done some touring in the north (that's how i got here the first time), and looking forward to wandering south.

That's all I got -- just passing my "howdies"
Callao3181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 02:21 PM   #42
BjoernTheH OP
Chile
 
BjoernTheH's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: Chile South America
Oddometer: 115
Great news Callao - just let us all know when you go south and see if we can meet up here for a ride.
cheers
B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callao3181 View Post
Just stumbled across this thread and what a treat! I am living and working in Santiago, and my ride is an f800gs. Have done some touring in the north (that's how i got here the first time), and looking forward to wandering south.

That's all I got -- just passing my "howdies"
__________________
________________________________________________

ADV Riders in Chile
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=699272
BjoernTheH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 04:36 PM   #43
Rafagas
Rafagas
 
Rafagas's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Lo Miranda, Chile SudAmerica
Oddometer: 47
Fuel Suply in Patagonia

Attention riders go to south for gas suply in Argentina, you can waite for 2 to 7 days to get some litters, problems start in Angostura, el bolson, rio mayo, rio Senguer, 3 lagos y Chalten.

The gas pump are empthy .............................

We have to pay 3000 pesos for transport plus the gas cost for leave Chalten to Chile

Rafagas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 04:02 PM   #44
CheckerdD
Beastly Adventurer
 
CheckerdD's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2005
Location: Dave Rankine, Reno NV
Oddometer: 1,276
Hi. Dave here. I am in Northern Chile moving south. I have noting planned for Christmas when I will be in southern Chile Argentina. So open to suggestions. Also PM me re seeing a portion of the Dakar. Dave
__________________
Pavement! We don't need no stinkin pavement.
CheckerdD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 06:12 PM   #45
BjoernTheH OP
Chile
 
BjoernTheH's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: Chile South America
Oddometer: 115
Wow, that's a bummer!!! - I had a similar situation in "El Calafate" but after a day and 5 hours of cewing we could go on - good thing is in Argentina that there is always gas to find on the black market somehow but they charge you what ever they want. Therefore its good to know the language though.
Good luck on your jurney
B.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafagas View Post
Attention riders go to south for gas suply in Argentina, you can waite for 2 to 7 days to get some litters, problems start in Angostura, el bolson, rio mayo, rio Senguer, 3 lagos y Chalten.

The gas pump are empthy .............................

We have to pay 3000 pesos for transport plus the gas cost for leave Chalten to Chile
__________________
________________________________________________

ADV Riders in Chile
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=699272
BjoernTheH is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 08:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014