Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-27-2013, 06:42 PM   #1501
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Oddometer: 2,159
The taking down of the flag ceremony in front of the Palacio Nacional.

rideforsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 12:24 AM   #1502
mettalique
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 120
No they don't....it's all misery and drug lords

Btw Ev I'd be taking a bit more out of his wallet if I were you, with you've got to put up with n all!:)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
mettalique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 09:16 AM   #1503
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mettalique View Post
No they don't....it's all misery and drug lords

Btw Ev I'd be taking a bit more out of his wallet if I were you, with you've got to put up with n all!:)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

See what I mean another one favoring Ev, what am I chopped liver, I have feelings you know. There's only one thing for it I'm just going to have to make her massage me for an extra hour a day to tire those thieving little fingers out.
Old 11-28-2013, 04:24 PM   #1504
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

We had heard of the snow cap volcano's in the area surrounding Puebla but we hadn't heard that it erupted the other day, so we are going to try and get as close as we can tomorrow, apparently the tourism drops to almost nothing when it does erupt so we should haven't any trouble finding cheap digs, lets just hope they don't have to dig us out.

rideforsmiles screwed with this post 11-29-2013 at 08:35 AM
Old 11-28-2013, 09:04 PM   #1505
gaskier
Georgiaadventurer

Oddometer: 18
Amazing journey

Sheldon,
Will all read your story...I started following you on FB...Michael Jones
my handle here is gaskier...

I love what you and EWA are not doing in Mexico...Planning a trip there myself in 2014...God Speed to you.
Old 11-29-2013, 02:10 AM   #1506
TrevorHeath
Seattle to ??

Oddometer: 78
Motorcycle road racing in Mexico City this weekend......
Old 11-29-2013, 10:10 PM   #1507
a7an
Adventurer

Oddometer: 60
Good on ya!
Sheldon and Ewa thank you both for sharing your epic adventure!
We greatly appreciate the effort you are both putting into photography, bollocks and posting the lot.

Sheldon, you are a lucky man!
Ewa saved your life in Death Valley...apparently without negotiating for anything! She's a good un.

Fess up mate... Macca's has sponsored your journey?
The intervals between Macca sightings are frighteningly regular throughout your RR.

A

PS: Had my spine rebuilt recently. Years of research (friends don't let friends fuse) and chronic pain. 100% result. Zero pain and no limitations. PM me any time if interested.
a7an is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 10:49 PM   #1508
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Quote:
Originally Posted by a7an View Post
Good on ya!
Sheldon and Ewa thank you both for sharing your epic adventure!
We greatly appreciate the effort you are both putting into photography, bollocks and posting the lot.

Sheldon, you are a lucky man!
Ewa saved your life in Death Valley...apparently without negotiating for anything! She's a good un.

Fess up mate... Macca's has sponsored your journey?
The intervals between Macca sightings are frighteningly regular throughout your RR.

A

PS: Had my spine rebuilt recently. Years of research (friends don't let friends fuse) and chronic pain. 100% result. Zero pain and no limitations. PM me any time if interested.

Hey a7an That would be great if Macca's sponsored me, id be more than happy to call it "A tonne of fun on my McTour of the world" if they did.

As for Ewa negotiating she did all right out of it, I don't like to brag I gave her a bonus minute later that night.

Hey Trevor, welcome aboard I wont make the Mexico City road racing but there is a great rally here in Puebla that we just went on and met some nice new friends, pictures and vids will be up soon just sorting through them now. Cheers

Hey Michael looking forward to reading your RR of your adventure next year.

Thanks everyone, we are both loving Mexico it's an amazing country not only to ride a motorcycle around but to visit at any time, it's certainly one country i'd put high on the list of places to come too.
Old 11-29-2013, 11:22 PM   #1509
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

We left Mexico City today, we had heard Puebla is a nice place to stop off and have a look so that is where we were heading. It is only an hour or two from Mexico city so it was never going to be a big ride today. As we left the main part of Mexico City we stopped at a set of lights and pulled up next to two biker cops doing traffic duty, quickly I asked them is this the way to Puebla and pointed down the road, they both spoke good English and said you can go this way but it isn't the safest place in Mexico City. I said to them if someone pulls a gun on me all I have to do is get past them then she takes the bullet not me, they looked at me with a strange look as you can imagine but when Ev started laughing they cracked up too, I'm pretty sure it must take people a few wise cracks to get my sense of humour hence the strange looks thinking I'm serious. In the end we just went down that road they warned us against. It was just full of market stalls very local s you can imagine but no dramas for us just plenty of waves and only one near miss in the traffic as you will see in this video.

Leaving Mexico City and heading up into the hills the smog became very apparent, it was so thick you couldn't see more than a few k's.

The road out of the city went up to 3198 metres on the Gps so that is 9594 feet if my maths is right, my pee wee lungs felt it up there, i'm going to have to do something about when I get to the higher altitudes of Bolivia and some of the other places. Ive been told about Diamox or something cocao leaves in tea but i'll deal with that when it comes to it. Whats the worst that can happen I have a cerebral edema and die, poor Ev would have to find someone else to ride the bike for her, I can imagine the repsonse if she posted on here, Sheldon's dead boo hoo I need another rider, free Bmw F800gs for willing applicant.

We arrived on the outskirts of Peubla I was surprised by the pollution again here, it really is a problem in this part fo the world but apparently they are being very proactive in addressing it, so Ev tells me in her reading about Mexico.

After missing the turn off to the Centro we turned down some little alley way off the highway so we entered Peubla main through a series of back alleys and small local roads. On the way through I was actually thinking to myself Im not really liking this place maybe we should just keep going but we decided to go have a look at the Centro since we were here anyway and wow Im glad we did.

Just of the backstreets that gave me the wrong impression of Puebla.

What a beautiful Centro region here in Peubla it is really worth the effort to come and see and walk around if you are coming through this way, the saying dont judge a book by it's cover comes to mind straight away with my initial reaction when we arrived, it's simply beautiful.
We went one street back from the Centro and found a hotel for 32 bucks a night nice secure parking so all good. Ill post some pics to show you jsut some of Peubla Centro to give you some idea of just how beautiful it is.

Dinner was a wood fired pizza in a little eatery in town then another romantic stroll around town.

The other day my blog came up under Radioman rides the world with his 1 million 700 thousand visits to my paltry 165 thousand I said to Ev I feel like Ive got a small dick with my blog next to his, so what does she do goes out and takes pictures like this just to make me feel better, how can you respond to something like that other than to say as if I'm going to cut half my dick off to fit in them honey.

rideforsmiles screwed with this post 11-30-2013 at 11:26 AM
Old 11-30-2013, 12:54 AM   #1510
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Just a few more shots of the beautiful downtown Puebla.

The artist's district of Puebla

Old 11-30-2013, 01:09 AM   #1511
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

My baby brought up a small milestone on the adventure today I know its not that far but it's been full of fantastic experiences and memories all the same and plenty more to come hopefully.
Yeah and I know the warning light is for my rear brake light which is playing up and the service light you have to plug it into a computer at Bmw to get rid of and unless they can come up with some sort of deal for me it isn't going back there in a hurry so I have learnt to live with it on.

Old 11-30-2013, 09:29 PM   #1512
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Today we rode over to Cholula for a look at according to the Guinness Book of records the largest man made monument in the world. I wouldn't put it on the must do tourist list but it was interesting all the same, there is a great view of the active volcano from there, unfortunately due to the smog you can only just see it. Here's just a few pictures of the day.

This was a ceremonial area where when you clapped your hands it made a really strange noise which is supposed to resemble a bird call, it really does make a strange noise, not knowing the bird it supposed to sound like I can't tell you if it is the same or not.

This is a model of the whole structure at Cholula, you can se it is pretty big.

There has been 5.5 kilometres of tunnel's unearthed on the site that ran right throughout the pyramid structure, it is a little claustrophobic inside but not to bad, ok if I was feeling that way I'm sure a few would shit their pants.

Old 11-30-2013, 10:25 PM   #1513
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

While we were having luch we were lucky enough to catch the Danza de los Voladores The four voladores circle the pole 13 times each, for a total of 52 circuits, or the number of years in the Aztec Mesoamerican calendar.

Old 11-30-2013, 10:39 PM   #1514
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

The view over Cholula from the church up on top of the pyramid.

Another friggin church, Jesus Christ.............................lives here.

Old 11-30-2013, 10:49 PM   #1515
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

We got back to Puebla and relaxing for the evening when Ewa went out to get buy a sexy nighty ooolala but came back a few minutes later saying there was a bike rally on, so we jumped on the bike and rode around the corner to the Centro and parked with all the other bikes. Fortunately the first couple we pulled up next too could speak great English and Claudia and Ewa hit it right off and were chatting away while I drank beer with the boys. We hung around for awhile then everyone hopped on their bikes and we all rode up to a viewpoint overlooking the city for awhile. Our new friends were heading off to a bar somewhere so we said our goodbyes and hit the road back to home for the night. A great evening with new made friends.

rideforsmiles screwed with this post 12-01-2013 at 12:16 AM