Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-24-2013, 08:40 AM   #1576
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Oddometer: 1,847
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Icebreaker View Post
Awesome RR man! Uxmal and Chicen Itza are amazing - I already see myself there on my F800GS, with my girl! Speaking of which, how many kilometers can you make with the bike fully loaded and both of you on it, with a full tank of gas? More than 300 km?

Hey Blue, I get about 340 k's to a tank, if I'm on the cruise but then I would be running on fumes, if I'm flogging it however I have gotten as little as 200 which can be an issue, I bought myself a little 4 litre jerry can that sits next to Ev on the back for such cases and haven't had any problems, the old rule never ride past petrol comes into play on and adventure in strange lands. Merry Christmas and thanks for following.
rideforsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 08:48 AM   #1577
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Merry Christmas to all my family and friends out there in the cyber world. As for how I will spend Christmas this picture will give you some idea. Thanks everyone for following along with the adventure it certainly makes being away from home a little less drama knowing that you have family and friends out there in contact through both here and Facebook etc To all my biker friends from all around the world safe riding and stay up right.

rideforsmiles screwed with this post 12-24-2013 at 10:01 AM
Old 12-24-2013, 09:26 AM   #1578
TowPro
Healing time Sucks

Oddometer: 2,657
Merry Christmas to both of you as well .
and may you have a safe New Years.

Enjoying the warmth of your ride from here in NE USA where its winter time.
Old 12-24-2013, 11:24 AM   #1579
Cariboostrom
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 553
Merry Christmas

Enjoy your Caribbean Christmas Sheldon and Ewa.....thanks so much for sharing your exciting adventures with us. I look forward to your next installment. If you ever want to try a White Christmas, well come on up here. Happy New Year!
Danielle
Cariboostrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 09:20 AM   #1580
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TowPro View Post
Merry Christmas to both of you as well .
and may you have a safe New Years.

Enjoying the warmth of your ride from here in NE USA where its winter time.

Thanks TwoPro have a good New Year mate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cariboostrom View Post
Enjoy your Caribbean Christmas Sheldon and Ewa.....thanks so much for sharing your exciting adventures with us. I look forward to your next installment. If you ever want to try a White Christmas, well come on up here. Happy New Year!
Danielle

Cheers Danielle we had an amazing time just totally relaxing on the beach, I'll upload some pictures soon you will see how amazing it was, to be there by ourselves was a great, a very special way to wake up on Christmas morning.
Old 12-28-2013, 09:55 AM   #1581
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Woke up bright and early on Christmas day to see if I got any presents of Santa, you don't believe you don't receive as they say, I looked everywhere but the silly old prick didn't leave me anything that I could find, maybe I should of looked a little harder, what do you think.

Free as a bird and loving it.

rideforsmiles screwed with this post 12-28-2013 at 10:11 AM
Old 12-28-2013, 09:58 AM   #1582
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Got pulled over asking for 50 pesos 4 bucks to continue along this road, so paid it yeah no problem, I say to Ev ok we have to be sure not to be taken advantage of as everyone says to me I'm to easy, so ok we will go back and ask for a ticket or something, so we turn around and go back and ask, do we get a ticket or something for it yada yada to which he response no you don't in not so many words like a shake of the head, Ok I could argue the point on this dirt road in the backwoods of nowhere but since he has a shotgun in his arms I probably think it's easier to just go than to make a scene. There you go so I am soft after all.

Old 12-28-2013, 09:59 AM   #1583
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Come on Ewa this back wont massage itself you know.

Oh I think I found my Christmas present after all, my beautiful Ev's smile ooooooh ooops dam camera has a mind of its own.

Little pig little pig let me in or I'll huff and I'll puff and I'll blow your house in.

Looking down at our home from the busy car park.

Well it wasn't actually that busy.

On the 3rd day of Christmas my true love said to me, "lets blow this joint and go somewhere else, Ok, but first lets have a little partridge under this coconut tree.

I don't know it so hard to find good help these days, COME ON EWA HOW LONG ARE YOU GOING TO TAKE TO PACK I CANT SWIM IN HERE ALL DAY!!!!!

The four days we had on the beach was exactly what the doctor ordered, I was actually really run down and had been having the thoughts of maybe I had travelled enough again but after relaxing for those few days I feel totally re-energized. I must admit I love the coastline anywhere and miss it when I am away from it so to be on the shores of the Caribbean doing absolutely nothing but swimming relaxing in the sun was simply just perfect. From here we head down the coast and will stay in Chetumal for a day or so before saying goodbye to Mexico and hello Belize.

rideforsmiles screwed with this post 12-28-2013 at 10:49 AM
Old 12-28-2013, 12:03 PM   #1584
Blue Icebreaker
Adventurer

Oddometer: 84
Thumb

The dream voyage of a lifetime! Merry Christmas and more beautiful landscapes in 2014 man!!!!
As soon as you concern yourself with the 'good' and 'bad' of your fellows, you create an opening in your heart for maliciousness to enter. Testing, competing with, and criticizing others weaken and defeat you. Morihei Ueshiba

Blue Icebreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 06:08 PM   #1585
RobBD
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 290
Looks like you had a great Christmas - hope you have fun New Year and thanks for your ride reports over 2013
RobBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 12:13 PM   #1586
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Icebreaker View Post
The dream voyage of a lifetime! Merry Christmas and more beautiful landscapes in 2014 man!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobBD View Post
Looks like you had a great Christmas - hope you have fun New Year and thanks for your ride reports over 2013

Thanks guys, just waking up on the beach to that sunrise on Christmas morning was as good as any present you could ever get, it was simply beautiful, thanks for following along. Have a good and safe New Year.
Old 12-29-2013, 12:41 PM   #1587
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

We left Tulum for Chetumal on the border in driving rain but that was ok we have been so lucky with the rain so far so getting wet was no big issue and it wasn't cold at 26 Celcius. We had waited a while the main part of a storm went overhead chatting to a nice couple that had been camping last night, when they went back over to the beach to check on their tent after the storm it was gone and I mean gone, it was like it had been swallowed, they walked all the way down the beach but in the end found it up amongst the trees at the back of the beach still in somewhat of one piece.

The dirt road was a little tricky but nothing to bad we just took our time getting to the tarmac.

After stoppijg for something to et in Tulum we hit the highway for an easy 250 k ride to Chetumal, the road was great so it was an easy ride. Ev is tucked away behind me there somewhere in this shot, she is one of the best pillion passengers I've ever ridden with, seriously cant event tell she is there.

As we arrived in Chetumal we came across to Irish guys Daragh and Brian cycling down to Panama, we ended up in the same hotel and after settling walked down the bottle shop bought some drinks and sat back to enjoy the evening. We jabbered on till about midnight they were leaving in the morning so wasn't a real big session but it was nice to have a few drinks with friendly guys and with Ev spending 5 years in Ireland she enjoyed their company as well. This is what Id look like if I was on a push bike, not a pretty sight is it.

Daragh and Brian leaving the next day after doing all their washing and getting the spare bike parts they needed.

This is one weird monument here in Chetumal, I have no idea what it was all about.

Santa is big down here in Chetumal.

Since it was our last night in Mexico I thought I'd take Ewa to eat some good ol Mexican cuisine.

After flying into New York nearly 6 months ago we have covered a little bit of distance, here's a pic of our track throughout the United States and Mexico. We are now in the Mexican Belize border town of Chetumal ready to cross the border tomorrow, it's a nice town it would be prefect for a triathlon with the road winding along the waters edge. We have had to stay and extra day as we didn't realize the office to cash in my temporary import permit was shut today Sunday which wasn't a big deal just gives another day in Mexico to relax and read up on a few blogs of the trip ahead which we are both really looking forward too.

rideforsmiles screwed with this post 12-30-2013 at 07:22 PM
Old 12-30-2013, 05:34 PM   #1588
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

We had a few really nice days around Chetumal, the waterfront town is quite nice actually and bigger than first impressions will have you believe as when you arrive into the Centro unlike most other Mexican cities the Centro is on the waterfront and not dead smack in the middle of town but today sadly we finally left Mexico for Belize, what an amazing country Mexico is, the riding the scenery the people all just top shelf and right up their on my favorite countries I've ridden in, I highly recommend anyone thinking of riding around here and that is looking for reasons not to, don't worry about excuses just get on your bike and go go go you will never regret it.

Saying goodbye to Mexico, at the border the crossing was easy on both sides and there is no need to go into details of where and when as you will sort it out in no time if you cross here, took around and hour for all the cashing in of the temporary import permit both sides immigration and Belizean insurance make sure you get that as the cops will stop you a few k's up the road in Belize for it.

On our way to the border.

The Mexican side of the local border there is another new crossing up the road but this is the old one and obviously the pedestrian closer to Chetumal so if you come to here you have to ride around to do the temporary import permit but it is still only 5 minutes away.

Old 12-30-2013, 05:55 PM   #1589
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Arriving at Corozal we found a hotel right in town not far from the ferry service out to San Pedro and Caye Caulker, Charlie and his Colombian wife and son ran the place and gave us a friendly welcome. Charlie snr had lived in Colombia for 6 years and was telling us all about it, I still haven't heard anything negative about Colombia it makes you want to get there and see it for yourself, we are getting closer all the time. We went for a walk around town here in Corozal to suss it all out here's just a few pictures of town.

Time for dinner and try out some Belizean local cuisine oh hang in there's the Perfect Chinese Restaurant.

Phillipe back in Tulum had told us the Chinese here in Belize was the best he has had anywhere in the world so was keen to try it out and yes he was right this was bloody beautiful if you are ever in Corazal and like your Chinese food come in for a munch, 3 dishes 3 drinks about 18 US dollars.

rideforsmiles screwed with this post 01-01-2014 at 03:24 PM
Old 01-01-2014, 03:12 PM   #1590
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

The next morning the last day of 2013 we got Charlie the owner of the hotel to woke us up so we can go and get the boat over to San Pedro and Caye Caulker. Charlie let us park the bike at the hotel, well he didn't let us we are paying for the privilege and at what it is costing us I was actually having second thoughts on going over to San Pedro but if you come to Belize these places are one of the major tourist attractions and apparently very nice.

Here's Ewa waiting to get on the boat at Corozal. There were a few other westerners here to get on along with a few locals.

Pack em in baby

At one point the boat stopped in the middle of nowhere I head someone mention pirates I had a good laugh and said it ain't the pirates we need to be worried about here in the middle of the ocean have a look at this we aren't that far from the Bermuda triangle you know

Ev was a little worried, she can stay afloat and do a bit of breast stroke, not as good as me by the way I love my breaststroking, so said to her if anything happens just don't panic and you will be fine and if you do it will give me a good excuse to knock you out ahahahahah isn't love grand

rideforsmiles screwed with this post 01-03-2014 at 12:42 PM